Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Character
    Vandheer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Annalise I saw and enjoyed both of your comments on this topic which lead me back to Camate's post to re-read what he said and how exactly he worded his statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Wyvern, automatons, and adventuring fellows all have long recast times and if they didn’t carry over between areas, it would be quite a large penalty. Based on this, they will not disappear when changing areas.
    This first part is fine and makes perfect sense to me. However... this next bit is funky.

On the other hand, familiar pets and avatars use jugs and cost MP so the penalty is not as large. With familiar pets, you spend money on jugs to gain fighting power, which is essentially the same as other consumables like ammunition.
    With that said, it is technically possible; however, in the case that pets did not disappear when changing areas, the cost of using that pet to its full extent would be increased (the cost of the jug).
    Id love to be given more information on how this conclusion is reached, and perhaps Camate you can ask the dev team, how spending gil is not as large a penalty as a 20 minute recast time? In addition how is it even lesser of a penalty then the mp a summoner uses to call their pets? As Annalise said, summoners zone with their pets just fine with no penalty and we can't ignore that.

With familiar pets, you spend money on jugs to gain fighting power, which is essentially the same as other consumables like ammunition.
    Yes Camate we do spend money on jugs to gain fighting power, where your wrong is jugs are not like ammunition where you shoot it for a ranged attack we use our jugs to gain fighting power for X ammount of time. You are right however that it is like consumables like some of my favorite Bison Steak because it is boosting me for a duration of time. With that said lets all imagine zoning and you lose your food effect... this is essentialy the same as a Beastmaster losing their pet.

I obviously still don't see the logic behind this Camate and everyone else reading this. If anyone can enlighten us all as to how raising the price of jugs in exchange for zoning pets makes any sense please do.
    (9)
    Last edited by Vandheer; 03-20-2012 at 06:33 PM.
    ~ BST 99, SAM 96, DRG 96, BLU 91, THF 90 ~
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Leviathan/Vandheer

Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzacoatl View Post
    Not like this will change things once the BST TH Nerf hits.

byebyebandwagondynamisbsts DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    And hi dnc bandwagon.....
    (2)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fupafighter View Post
    And hi dnc bandwagon.....
    Can't solo without proper TH
    (0)

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    TH has little to no effect on coins, forgotten maybe but not coins. As long as you proc, that's what matters.
    (1)

Prettymuch. Went last night on bst and did about the same as I usually do. If anything, my inventory just got less spammed by relic and relic -1. I guess we're here to stay
    (2)

Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Dnc/thf is actually pretty solid.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I go in as nin/dnc and only get about 30% less coins then pre nerf bst.
    (0)

Character
    Vandheer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Komori View Post
    TH has little to no effect on coins, forgotten maybe but not coins. As long as you proc, that's what matters.
    That said, why is everyone pro Beastmaster TH nerf saying "wee no more bandwagon bst"? I never had a issue with the TH nerf affecting my dyna runs but its still puzzling.

I've been more concerned with it affecting drops of bst trying to solo anything else. Not like Beastmasters have much choice in the matter either due to how often the job is utilized in group setups. x]

Player 1: "I can come bst, sam whm, blm, war "
    Player 2: "Anything but bst works..."
    Player 1: ";_;"
    (3)
    Last edited by Vandheer; 03-31-2012 at 03:50 AM.
    ~ BST 99, SAM 96, DRG 96, BLU 91, THF 90 ~
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Leviathan/Vandheer

As far as dynamis is concerned I'm only noticing 2 differences after the TH nerf. Downside I seem less likely to get a drop if I don't get a proc, although my results with a proc don't really seem to be affected. On the upside though I find my inventory significantly less clogged with accessories and relic -1 by the end of the run.
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandheer View Post
    That said, why is everyone pro Beastmaster TH nerf saying "wee no more bandwagon bst"? I never had a issue with the TH nerf affecting my dyna runs but its still puzzling.
    Basically, people love to see those doing better or having an easier time than them taken down a peg even if there's nothing in it for them. That's pretty much the mentality of the pro-nerf people.
    (2)
    Last edited by Camiie; 04-01-2012 at 03:36 AM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast