Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mordain
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Reforged AF - Blocked on Step 1?

I was excited to pick up the quest to reforge my AF armour, and followed the advice in the patch notes by speaking to Monisette in Port Jeuno. Monisette told me to speak to Sagheera first, which I did. Sagheera talked to me about upgrading relic armour, and then I talked to Monisette again. Monisette simply tells me that Sagheera still hasn't mentioned me to her.

"Sagheera has never mentioned anyone who fits your description. How about you follow the proper protocol and speak to her first?"

I zoned out and back in, logged out and back in, spoke to Sagheera again (she only asks me what relic armour I'm interested in, now), and I can't get Monisette to recognize me. Have I locked myself into needing to upgrade at least one relic piece (complete Sagheera's quest) before I can pick up the AF reforging quest?

Please, if anyone is familiar with these NPCs and quests, I'd appreciate your thoughts.
    (0)

Character
    Vasche
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Do you have Sea access?
    (3)

Character
    Mordain
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Thanks for your reply, Vasch. I do not have access to Sea yet. Is there something that Sea unlocks? Like many I'm a returning player and missed out on a lot of content over the years. I am not far past the Diabolos fight in the CoP progression, so perhaps I need to sink some more time into that story.
    (0)

Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    After completing CoP 7-5 you get sea access.
    (1)

Player
    Besides giving Rajas Ring at the end, which everyone should get, it is also a requirement that you have to complete it to Reforge your gear.
    (4)

Player
    You really have to have beaten CoP to reforge the AF gear?

Why is such a random requirement in place? "Go do this really old content, all of it, in order to prepare yourself for current content, even if you already have the items"

It's just so bogus for players like myself. I was so happy I managed to get the pages and stuff together for the reforged AF in preparation for when I hit 99, and again it looks like I'm nowhere close because I have to go back to do tons of old missions in order to be able to get current content gear.

It just never ends. SE makes it so stupidly difficult to start this game as a new player. There's SO many things you have to go back and do, even at a high level, just to be able to play the game.

I'm just sitting here, just thinking about all of what I'm gonna have to go through. It just makes me not even want to play... I've already done SO MUCH, and every time I think I'm ready to actually level to 99 and enjoy myself, there's something more, some other chore I have to go complete first.

Just... sigh...
    (5)
    Last edited by Crevox; 01-07-2014 at 08:54 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post

Why is such a random requirement in place? "Go do this really old content, all of it, in order to prepare yourself for current content, even if you already have the items"
    If you don't have sea access, then you don't have limbus access, which means you DON'T have the items.

Consider yourself lucky that you can skip the limbus step, even though you have to have access to it. They should've FORCED people to have the +1 gear already.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    If you don't have sea access, then you don't have limbus access, which means you DON'T have the items.

Consider yourself lucky that you can skip the limbus step, even though you have to have access to it. They should've FORCED people to have the +1 gear already.
    I have 10 chapter 1's, my AF horn, scarlet linen, and a phoenix feather. I don't have the materials? There's more?

I'm a complete noob to this game. I started like 10 days ago.
    (1)
    Last edited by Crevox; 01-07-2014 at 09:18 PM.

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post

It's just so bogus for players like myself. I was so happy I managed to get the pages and stuff together for the reforged AF in preparation for when I hit 99, and again it looks like I'm nowhere close because I have to go back to do tons of old missions in order to be able to get current content gear.

It just never ends. SE makes it so stupidly difficult to start this game as a new player. There's SO many things you have to go back and do, even at a high level, just to be able to play the game.

I'm just sitting here, just thinking about all of what I'm gonna have to go through. It just makes me not even want to play... I've already done SO MUCH, and every time I think I'm ready to actually level to 99 and enjoy myself, there's something more, some other chore I have to go complete first.

Just... sigh...

It's story line missions and one of the best in the game. At 99 you can solo all but one mission maybe two and only cause you have to have two people to open a door. Really at 99 the fights are a joke. A least now you don't have to spam though CSs cause people are waiting and you can take your time and enjoy them. Se does story better then battle so its at least enjoyable and there is step by step on wiki that you should be able to finish it in a week once you are 99. One of the great things about story is it isn't outdated by the next new story it is just as enjoyable to you now as it was to me, maybe even more enjoyable to you since you won't have to deal with fail shouts statics falling apart half way though and can do it at your own pace any time you want to do it. Heck you don't even have to beat the whole story line once you can set foot into sea you can get limbus access meaning you can have your af reforged then. As Karah said you do not have to step foot into limbus to have your af reforge having af+1 only saves pages.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmore View Post
    It's story line missions and one of the best in the game. At 99 you can solo all but one mission maybe two and only cause you have to have two people to open a door. Really at 99 the fights are a joke. A least now you don't have to spam though CSs cause people are waiting and you can take your time and enjoy them. Se does story better then battle so its at least enjoyable and there is step by step on wiki that you should be able to finish it in a week once you are 99. One of the great things about story is it isn't outdated by the next new story it is just as enjoyable to you now as it was to me, maybe even more enjoyable to you since you won't have to deal with fail shouts statics falling apart half way though and can do it at your own pace any time you want to do it. Heck you don't even have to beat the whole story line once you can set foot into sea you can get limbus access meaning you can have your af reforged then. As Karah said you do not have to step foot into limbus to have your af reforge having af+1 only saves pages.
    It's not about the difficulty, it's about the pain of running around and doing all the boring in between.

I want to get the story, yes, but I could youtube it easier or read through the scripts on the wiki. It's a massive time sink.
    (4)
    Last edited by Crevox; 01-07-2014 at 11:30 PM.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast