Thread: Inundation

Character
    Daisansha
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Inundation

Is it just me, or did Inundation used to not be removed after a single skillchain? If so, is this an intentional change where SE wants us to keep casting Inundation every few seconds over and over again? Or is this a bug?
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I don't know if it is now but it certainly wasn't before. Very weird since it's designed to get stronger and stronger with more steps in the skillchain assuming you use different weapon types... which obviously wouldn't work if it wore right after the first skillchain. Iirc though it did have a shortish duration
    (0)

Character
    Rydal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Bump

I'd like some clarification on how Inundation works:

Do Physical Blood Pacts, Ready, Automaton skills, Blue magic and Scholar using Immanence all count towards Inundation? If so, do they differentiate between each other or are all grouped together (all BP are one weaponskill type and all Blue magic spells are another)?

How exactly does it work: is it based on each step or number of weapons period? Example: If the steps are Dagger > Sword > Dagger, is it a bonus for 3 or for 2? What are the actual bonuses per weapon? 20% for every additional one?

Does the debuff disappear or reset in potency after a skillchain is completed?
    (0)

Bump~
    Can we get more info on this spell:
    ~Length of time it remains active and what removes it (Such as SC finishing or dispel only),
    ~What is the percentage that is increases damage per upgrade and is there a factor that decreases its percentage.
    ~what are the different types that increases dmg (Such as is there groups such as clunb blunt and hand to hand blunt or is it different) and what types are trusts and pets in the mix.
    ~does it add multipling factor the SC already has or does it own multipler factor before or after the SC calculation.
    ~does the multiplier remain active even if you don't add another different type of WS type or does it revert after another WS of a WS used remove multipler
    (0)

Inundated by how Inundation works?

I’ve seen data based on player testing, and I can verify that the 1.2x increase per weapon type used in the skillchain is indeed accurate. Including pets, there are 15 total types of weapons, which means that the maximum value that can be reached with Inundation is a 12.8x increase.
    (2)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    That's good to know, thank you! I'm curious what makes up the 15 total types of weapons.

1. Hand-to-Hand
    2. Daggers
    3. Swords
    4. Great Swords
    5. Axes
    6. Great Axes
    7. Scythes
    8. Polearms
    9. Katana
    10. Great Katana
    11. Clubs
    12. Staves
    13. Marksmanship
    14. Archery
    15. Pets?

Are all pet abilities counted as one type despite their damage type? Or is there some odd category of pet abilites that SC or fall into this? Or is the 15th Immanence spells? I assume chainbound abilities doesn't work.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post

I’ve seen data based on player testing, and I can verify that the 1.2x increase per weapon type used in the skillchain is indeed accurate. Including pets, there are 15 total types of weapons, which means that the maximum value that can be reached with Inundation is a 12.8x increase.
    How does that work exactly? O_o;; Last I checked, it's essentially impossible to use more than 6x weapon skills in a single skillchain before the window to continue drops to 0sec... So if no more than 6 out of the 15 weapon types are able to be included, how do we reach a 12.8x increase? That number appears to be ~1.2^14, so I take it that the first weapon type "doesn't count" so to speak at least. Using the 6step limit, we get closer to a ~2.98x increase, which is much much lower than your explanation. Can we please get further clarification on this?

On a different note, yay! pets count! XD Slightly disappointing that it seems that all pets are lumped into the same category, but something is still better than nothing in this case.
    (1)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    So did they change this or something? Cause finally dug up my testing a couple of days after it came out and while I did get a 1.2x increase on the first one but was 1.333x increase for the 2nd skillchain while the way this is written it would suggest it should have been 1.44. Which was what turned me off from it since each step had a smaller gain
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post

Can dev please confirm if SCH immanence are included as 1 weapon type, thanks.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    So did they change this or something? Cause finally dug up my testing a couple of days after it came out and while I did get a 1.2x increase on the first one but was 1.333x increase for the 2nd skillchain while the way this is written it would suggest it should have been 1.44. Which was what turned me off from it since each step had a smaller gain
    Did you remember to add another different type of weapon other than what was used already? if you use weapons types already used, the dmg will only increase by the normal SC increase variables
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast