Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sappho
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 30
    For 8 years I have heard a tempest of unending whining about Dark Knight and the fact that they have an MP bar.
    You knew when you signed up for the job that it had an MP bar.

If you cannot figure out why & how your MP bar is useful then reroll WAR, SAM or DRG.
    (4)
    What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?
    ~ Elvis Costello

Character
    Raelia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    For 8 years I have heard a tempest of unending whining about Dark Knight and the fact that they have an MP bar.
    And I expected spells like Absorb-Haste and Terror to make use of it, but instead we get Thunder III. Just because it's there doesn't mean it isn't useless.
    (1)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

If you cannot figure out why & how your MP bar is useful then reroll WAR, SAM or DRG.
    This is a BS post...A 5 year old can write this, add something constructive.
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelia View Post
    And I expected spells like Absorb-Haste and Terror to make use of it, but instead we get Thunder III. Just because it's there doesn't mean it isn't useless.
    ^This, so hard.

I'll be picking you up at seven, and we are going to the movies.
    (1)

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

you're right our benefit is being able to magic burst our own skillchains.
    (0)

Character
    Sappho
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 30
    Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    This is a BS post...A 5 year old can write this, add something constructive.
    Really?
    A five-year-old?
    Your use of hyperbole also adds nothing useful or constructive to the discussion.
    Your ad hominem attack, however, speaks volumes about the quality of your character.
    (2)
    ~ Elvis Costello

Character
    Sappho
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 30
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelia View Post
    Certainly the NA player community is quite opinionated about what might have been better uses for DRK MP. Still, there *are* uses for DRK MP. Perhaps many of those uses are situational, but lots of things about FFXI are situational.

The Dark Knight job has been in development for 9+ years. Maybe the player community is smarter than the FFXI development team, but if the FFXI development team thought that the Dark Knight was "bad" or "wrong" or "broken" then they have had many years to "fix" it. Since the dev team has stayed the course with Dark Knight, then maybe the player community doesn't fully recognize how Dark Knight should be played. Which, I guess, could place blame at the feet of the dev team. After all they should make something that is easy for the players to figure out, use and min/max. Night Elf Rogue, for example.

Anyway, Raelia, I am not criticizing you, personally. I'm sure you are quite skilled at your role. I have not played in Abyssea, so it is entirely possible that Dark Knight is now the worst DD in the game. If that is true, then I humbly apologize.
    (2)
    ~ Elvis Costello

Character
    Sappho
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 30
    Quote Originally Posted by Brolic View Post
    you're right our benefit is being able to magic burst our own skillchains.
    STFU Brolic and go back to trolling the WAR & PLD forums.
    Don't you have third party hacks and cheats you should be working on?
    (2)
    ~ Elvis Costello

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    STFU Brolic and go back to trolling the WAR & PLD forums.
    Don't you have third party hacks and cheats you should be working on?
    I learned morality from Eddie Guerrero
    (2)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Certainly the NA player community is quite opinionated about what might have been better uses for DRK MP. Still, there *are* uses for DRK MP. Perhaps many of those uses are situational, but lots of things about FFXI are situational.

The Dark Knight job has been in development for 9+ years. Maybe the player community is smarter than the FFXI development team, but if the FFXI development team thought that the Dark Knight was "bad" or "wrong" or "broken" then they have had many years to "fix" it. Since the dev team has stayed the course with Dark Knight, then maybe the player community doesn't fully recognize how Dark Knight should be played. Which, I guess, could place blame at the feet of the dev team. After all they should make something that is easy for the players to figure out, use and min/max. Night Elf Rogue, for example.

Anyway, Raelia, I am not criticizing you, personally. I'm sure you are quite skilled at your role. I have not played in Abyssea, so it is entirely possible that Dark Knight is now the worst DD in the game. If that is true, then I humbly apologize.
    There's very little use to use magic outside of Absorb-TP and even with only full haste gear + haste + LR (without march) there's little incentive to cast it. With marches casting just is pointless. As far as stunning goes there's a job that does that 10x better BLU.

Nukes are lol, drain gives back nothing worth mention/gets resisted and absorb attributes spells are just laughable in their futility/decay nature.

Ninja nerfs to absorb TP, no utility in spells and no damage capability from them either, which completely mitigates any reason for the MP bar in roughly 90% of any situation. The only place DRK casts quite it a bit is PvP and I know we aren't talking about that (and this is partly why I enjoy it as the job is played more to what I feel a Magic-Casting-Knight would be.)

However we are all forgetting that SE has yet to take the first baby step and that is giving DRK Magic Attack Bonus I, since they have such a hard-on for "magic" use, the fact we don't have this for all our super cool Ice-elemental WS's, and overpowered Tier III nukes.

Baffles the mind.
    (4)
    Last edited by Urteil; 12-03-2011 at 07:21 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast