Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    Can someone answer this please? All the threads I seen it seems people that show anti relic/ mythic ingore this point.

How does having a hard to get weapon/ lot of time getting a weapon effect you?
    Why can't there be weapons that do a bit more performace that take way longer to get then alts like emp weapons?

FFXI had other concepts like that like how yiget body was an alt to a rare brd jse body, the yiget body was not the best but it had an effect liek the jse did.

same how SE gave out new gear that was alts to heca gear and so on.

or are people anti relic/mythic doing so just to "troll"? i would really like to understand

Also please add relics for the newer jobs.

* can we please have civil convo, not trolls/hate posts? I do not mind disagreement posts you have every right to but please have a reasonable reason.
    I don't have a problem with the weapons. I have a problem with the people that act like they legitimately earned their relics. That act like they deserve better and are owed by SE to adjust the weapons to be #1 without question.

The players that legitimately earned their relics have earned their right to debate those weapons remaining #1. I'm not ill informed on the sacrifices one must make to obtain a relic legitimately. However, I could care less about anyone who wants to play the "my time matters more than yours" card. That pretty much fits everyone who didn't earn their relics legitimately by buying gil or having a LS fund it for them. Which is pretty much everyone that posts in favor of their relics being boosted because legitimate relic owners are so few and far between that I doubt any of them are even here on these forums, at least NA wise. But if they are here, good job on the accomplishment.

I'm aware some LSs have the system in place where a person must do blank amount of work and the LS will foot the bill for the rest of the way. I'm mixed on that but I guess ultimately if you at least earned your way to the point of getting help legitimately then you too deserve the right to debate for changes.

Overall I'm mixed on the weapons themselves. While I have a passionate view about how it all comes down to wasting your time on a video game and it doesn't matter what you do while playing it, I am not oblivious to the fact that time is precious in any form and players are owed something for playing this game with the assumption that it would never go past lv 75. We only have mere seconds to at best 130 years of life after we are born. It's not a lot of time and the last thing we want is to feel any of that time is being wasted. In that respect perhaps relics should be better than Empyreans hands down.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardNixon View Post
    Namas arrow is seriously overpowered, a no hate WS that crits? it is amazing.
    Namas can't crit.

On another note:
    Think it's worth writing a coherent thread explaining why and how the Mythic quests should be adjusted?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Namas can't crit.

On another note:
    Think it's worth writing a coherent thread explaining why and how the Mythic quests should be adjusted?
    Thats another thing lol.. relics should always be the best to relic holders.. even though mythics are more "difficult" to obtain.

They have 2 sets on logic on this.. relics should be better than empyreans because relics are "harder"

In reality none of them are difficult.. they just take a lot of leg work.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Namas can't crit.

On another note:
    I have 2 sugesstions.

1. then need to cost less money or let the money be found easier ( money as in alex and money spent to enter content no one wants to do *einhrjar*

2. update the content so other people have a reason to do said content. This means let assault, salavge , and einhrjar appeal to level 90/99.

I would really like to try this to see if more mythics get into players hands, its very dispointing to see so little. The other issue is killing those ZNM ( i think? for the 80-90 trails) ZNM could also be updated to appeal to people that is 90/99

I would really love SE to update all this instance content because otherwise you might as well remove it from the game.

Why have all that data and space if it is not going to be used? ( poking fun at ps2 limitation)

as for the rest of the comments of running into people that rip people off with relics, that can happen to any kind of content. I have seen people do shady things in abyssea even. People would still MPK/ mob steal/ grief steal/ LS bank steal/ RMT gil for other things if relics did not exist. My point with saying this is that you cannot blame the content for people's actions.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Vyvian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    With mythics though, there wasn't really any secret to the fact they'd do less damage, we had a number of the completed mythic stats long before anyone finished one. Mythics were about the utility, and in some cases it allowed a change to how you could play a job.
    (0)
    MNK99 WHM99 DNC99 BRD99
    Sylph - Vyvian Bastok Rank 10

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The problem isn't the relics themselves, it's the individuals who believe that they should surpass empyrean. Which they should not. I don't have a problem with them being on par, but they should not be better. Old is old.
    That's my two cents.(Don't bother asking me question in responce, I said what I came to say and wont be back in this thread. ^^)
    ~Regards.
    (0)

Character
    Purpleeyes
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by TearValerin View Post
    There already is, Twashtar, and Terpischore.
    I mean relic relic though, not mythic or emp.
    I mean, it would really be nice for the new jobs that don't have a relic weapon to have one, or at the very least be able to use one that is currently in the game. Why do those jobs get three choices and others only have two?
    I don't really care, but I think it would be a nice addition to the game.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyvian View Post
    With mythics though, there wasn't really any secret to the fact they'd do less damage, we had a number of the completed mythic stats long before anyone finished one. Mythics were about the utility, and in some cases it allowed a change to how you could play a job.
    some do not offer real utility..

NIN mythic could augment Innin and Yonin
    RDM mythic needs mage stats on it so its more then a convert macro, since full DD would be emp
    SCH and blm mythic need potency for nuking stats not MAB

what does thired eye effect do on sam mythic? could we maybe have seigen and hasso effects?

some mythics are really good for DD like drg mythic.

some have to relay on bad ws like COR and RNG mythics.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleeyes View Post
    I mean relic relic though, not mythic or emp.
    I mean, it would really be nice for the new jobs that don't have a relic weapon to have one, or at the very least be able to use one that is currently in the game. Why do those jobs get three choices and others only have two?
    I don't really care, but I think it would be a nice addition to the game.
    I know, i agree i tried to change the title for you XD
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

9. 03-24-2011 07:14 AM
    Reason
    Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Character
    Purpleeyes
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    some do not offer real utility..

NIN mythic could augment Innin and Yonin
    RDM mythic needs mage stats on it so its more then a convert macro, since full DD would be emp
    SCH and blm mythic need potency for nuking stats not MAB

what does thired eye effect do on sam mythic? could we maybe have seigen and hasso effects?

some mythics are really good for DD like drg mythic.

some have to relay on bad ws like COR and RNG mythics.

I know, i agree i tried to change the title for you XD
    Thanks.
    I was actually going to start one before I went to bed but feel asleep.
    Maybe later today though.
    (0)

Character
    Coops
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    I spent years obtaining all the salvage gear the my jobs could use (few sets) only to see it all not replaced, but blown out of the water by AF3 stuff, so what did I do? I started gaining the much easier to get AF3 stuff to replace the salvage stuff.

Instead of complaining about outdated gear which will no doubt have its chance to shine again, start working on what's good, and easy to get for the now. That way you're covered no matter what the outcome is.
    (0)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast