Thread: The D on arrows

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

The D on arrows

Can someone explain how range attack damage wroks with the D on weapon and arrows? I am doing trials and I do not see a big difference of cheaper arrrows.

Now i was going though my demon arrows and scop arrows I had long ago to use them and im still not done so I went to bought more. Arrows cost 3 times as much since I last bought arrows so i resorted to buy horn arrows.
    (0)

Character
    Aeyliea
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Damage from arrows is added to the base damage of your bow. I am pretty sure you would notice the difference between high end arrows and low end arrows in terms of damage; 2 or 3 base damage can equate to a lot more than 2 or 3 extra damage on WS or ranged attacks.

Wouldn't recommend anything less than demon arrows for TPing in, and using antlion or ruszor arrows for WS (be adivsed, depending on the WS the cost of Ruszor can be somewhat prohibitive, as they are on phoenix server currently 60K for a stack of 99). If you are going to spend money on a job, there is no point in being cheap and cheating yourself on overall performance.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeyliea View Post
    Damage from arrows is added to the base damage of your bow. I am pretty sure you would notice the difference between high end arrows and low end arrows in terms of damage; 2 or 3 base damage can equate to a lot more than 2 or 3 extra damage on WS or ranged attacks.

Wouldn't recommend anything less than demon arrows for TPing in, and using antlion or ruszor arrows for WS (be adivsed, depending on the WS the cost of Ruszor can be somewhat prohibitive, as they are on phoenix server currently 60K for a stack of 99). If you are going to spend money on a job, there is no point in being cheap and cheating yourself on overall performance.
    lucky they are not even made here and i have to farm for antlion. ruzer are too hard I was talking to a friend and he wont do it ether, he made one quiver and shows it off in bazzar.

stack of quivers of antlion costs 400k here and thats the only way you can get them here.

I looked at farming demon and i mist as well farm antlion whne you consider time farming. But I am talking about shooting ws for magin and the cost of arrows is hell at these prices now. I do not get why they are 3-4 times more, and i might just spam antlion when im doing anything for real outside my magain trials
    (0)

Character
    Thetruemonkey
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Ammunition is 3-4 times more for the same reason why Ninja tools are 3-4 times more. The demand has gone up due to the use in abyssea, but the supply has either remained the same or dwindled. It is the base principal of economics. If demand exceeds the supply, prices will rise. If supply exceeds demand, than they will fall.
    (0)

Player
    for magian trials i would use cheap stuff. I have gandiva and use KC on rng and blasting off JR every 10 seconds with Ruszor arrows or antilion gets expensive but its definitely worth it, but again i play the expensive jobs RNG, NIN so i'm used to blowing gil, but thats why i leveled a craft to support my habits!
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Ok ok what about this?? How much do the D on arrows effect your ws? (im not very good at melee formulas like i am with mage ones)

Ammunition is 3-4 times more for the same reason why Ninja tools are 3-4 times more. The demand has gone up due to the use in abyssea, but the supply has either remained the same or dwindled. It is the base principal of economics. If demand exceeds the supply, prices will rise. If supply exceeds demand, than they will fall.
    How did abyssea shot up the damand in arrows when its one of those non abyssea jobs? I can understand ninja tools since any type of tank in abyssea uses them + being proc things
    (0)

Player
    abyssea raised the price of ammo because people are leveling those jobs that use ammo to 90. More rangers going to 90 means more ammo being used server wide means less supply more demand higher price. It levels off after awhile and its easy to see. when 75 was the cap arrow prices held steady. When the lvl went to 80 the price went up at first for a bit then leveled off once the majority of rangers were done leveling, same holds for 85 and then 90. Abyssea brought on the wave of just about everyone leveling every job to 90 now since its so easy and fast to level. So more rangers out there now, more using ammo, price gonna go up. Its the same with BST jug pets and pet food. More bst out there now more using jugs so the price on jugs and pet food have gone up. Same holds for food. Look at your ah price on food right now for things like yellow curry buns, squid and sole sushi etc. Then look at the price when the next level increase comes. Can beat money on it they will all go up.
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I thought the way both ranged attacks and wses work is that your D in the formula is arrow + bow. The thing that was confusing to me is that some people say the delay on ammo is added to the delay on your bow and some people say it is not (I think it ended up being that the delay is only factored in to tp return or something?). That probably doesn't answer exactly the question you're asking Rambus but I think that you can treat arrow d + bow d as one number and so you'll see a percentage increase in damage equivalent to how much d arrow-high + bow exceeds d arrow-low + bow.
    (0)

Player
    an easy way for you to see the dmg that arrow does is use a low level bow with low dmg and do some range attacks with say low level arrow like scorpion and then use something a little higher demon, kabura, antlion, or ruszor. Then swap for a much higher lvl higher dmg bow and do the samething. You'll see the difference
    (0)

+Dmg on Arrows affect your TP and WS damage in the exact same wasy as +Dmg on a Gun/Xbow/Bow

Weaponskill and TP damage is based off Weapon+Ammo total +Damage. So if you have a D:50 gun and a D:100 bullet your weapon is effectively D:150. The question is: Why is the DMG on our weapons so high, yet our actual damager done per shot the same as a melee weapon with a much weaker DMG? The answer is because the ranged attack calulations are different from melee ones and in short: they suck and need to be changed.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast