Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    Another thing they could have done was enable trading a CAP+ cape to a NPC to get a permanent bonus, so you can actually wear your nice JSE cape when you xp.
    This is really smart.

The best cape I've gotten is +37% ( luck ), and I feel SLIGHTLY guilty about fulltiming it, but I want my faster JP and I want it now. :P
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    This is really smart.

The best cape I've gotten is +37% ( luck ), and I feel SLIGHTLY guilty about fulltiming it, but I want my faster JP and I want it now. :P

I'm basically parroting what another Forumer suggested a while ago, s/he said we should be able to trade multiple CAP+ capes for a KI with a cumulative bonus. I'm not sure about that, but I do agree with that person that we should be able to use our JSE cape full-time, after spending millions of gil augmenting it.

The idea that you have to unequip a Job Specific Cape, to farm Job Specific Jobpoints, is of course counterintuitive! Maybe the JSE Cape taru in the Library would be able to synergise your CAP+ cape with your JSE cape, so you could wear the JSE cape and still get capacity points bonus. Or just make the cape's CAP+ bonus into a permanent KI via a mini-quest.
    (0)

I'm basically parroting what another Forumer suggested a while ago, s/he said we should be able to trade multiple CAP+ capes for a KI with a cumulative bonus. I'm not sure about that, but I do agree with that person that we should be able to use our JSE cape full-time, after spending millions of gil augmenting it.

The idea that you have to unequip a Job Specific Cape, to farm Job Specific Jobpoints, is of course counterintuitive! Maybe the JSE Cape taru in the Library would be able to synergise your CAP+ cape with your JSE cape, so you could wear the JSE cape and still get capacity points bonus. Or just make the cape's CAP+ bonus into a permanent KI via a mini-quest.
    If the goal is a stacking buff (25% cape + 37% cape +16% cape etc etc), that's too far, but if the goal is "I just got a 48% cape, let me go trade it in to overwrite my key item (from last cape) so that I'm getting +48% from kills", that's perfect.
    (1)

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    the only way i can think of to make JP building better is to:
    pass the CP bonuses from one job to all jobs but only if you master that job
    then as you gain more mastered jobs you will gain a higher CP gain and master jobs faster

so going by the BG wiki:
    if you master 3 jobs you would get +960% + the current jobs bonuses on all other jobs
    if you master 15 jobs you would get +4800% + the current jobs bonuses on the remaining 7 jobs
    and if all but 1 job is mastered you would get +6720% + the current jobs bonuses on that last job when you go for CP/JP building
    (0)
    Last edited by SMD111; 02-08-2016 at 11:18 AM.

I have thought that mastering a job should give a minor bonus to other jobs, like 5% for each job but I don't think the full bonus should stack towards other jobs.

I don't want JP to be obscenely fast, I just want the yo-yo of campaigns to stop.

Also lol, we have the same avatar. Poor ugly fella
    (1)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 02-08-2016 at 11:57 AM.

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I have thought that mastering a job should give a minor bonus to other jobs, like 5% for each job but I don't think the full bonus should stack towards other jobs.

I don't want JP to be obscenely fast, I just want the yo-yo of campaigns to stop.

I thought similar things too, about Jobmaster conferring a mild bonus to building CAP on other jobs. I did suggest being able to transfer unused jobpoints after 2100, to another job, I felt that this would alleviate the problem with some jobs being entirely unwanted in CAP burns. If you had a main job which you found it easy to get into parties on, you could transfer excess jobpoints after 2100, to another job - one that nobody would ever invite or even accept in a fast-paced jobpoints party. Currently there are some jobs which are often doomed to solo all their jobpoints with Trusts, while other jobs are very popular and /shouted for endlessly when people build CAP parties.

Jobpoints are still quite new relatively speaking, and maybe SE will look into these things and add some features in the future, to balance and compensate CAP farming for the poor lonely unwanted jobs lol.
    (0)

Eh, there are problems with that though~.

People just coming up will have a harder time getting CP when they only job they've got is a 50JP dnc and they're competing for a spot with a 2100 dnc trying to "powergrind" her drk. On top of that, we again go back to the basic idea that the reason the points are exclusive to each job is because they wanted them to be different than merit points. They wanted you to earn them. I have jobs at 99, fully and properly merited, that have never had anything other than a forbidden key macro.

I think the best solution for what to do with the extra JP is turn it into currency like merit points, but with a REASONABLE cost. VW Bodies (Heka's, Mekira's, Toci's--Heka's mostly) are worth 50, maybe 100 JP. Twilight mail/helm (if it were an option) is worth about the same (100-200 for the pair). That sort of thing.

This nonsense of 25,000 merits for town gear is well... nonsense.
    (0)

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    actually i chose my form avatar because its my char's face
    and i chose my char's face because i liked it over the others
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Eh, there are problems with that though~.

People just coming up will have a harder time getting CP when they only job they've got is a 50JP dnc and they're competing for a spot with a 2100 dnc trying to "powergrind" her drk. On top of that, we again go back to the basic idea that the reason the points are exclusive to each job is because they wanted them to be different than merit points. They wanted you to earn them. I have jobs at 99, fully and properly merited, that have never had anything other than a forbidden key macro.

I think the best solution for what to do with the extra JP is turn it into currency like merit points, but with a REASONABLE cost. VW Bodies (Heka's, Mekira's, Toci's--Heka's mostly) are worth 50, maybe 100 JP. Twilight mail/helm (if it were an option) is worth about the same (100-200 for the pair). That sort of thing.

This nonsense of 25,000 merits for town gear is well... nonsense.
    I was thinking more along the lines of the 3-for-1 deal that SE seems to use with other things, 3 JSE capes for 1 JSE cape on the job you want, 3 BCNM seals for the 1 seal you want, 3 pairs of Empyrean boots for the 1 pair of Empyrean boots you want, etc.

So I was just speculating on trading 300 jobpoints from my Jobmaster excess unusable points, for 100 jobpoints on a job that never ever gets into CAP parties, ever. I have been told that some jobs are getting 2100 jobpoints in less than a week, if they are on a job that is highly prized in burn parties. Other jobs, which never get invited to anything, are looking at many months of soloing those same points with Trusts. So one week, or many months, depending on the desirability of your job in the burn party situation. That sort of kills the whole idea of the points are locked on your job because of Lore, when the differences in gaining CAP varies so hugely based not on the skills of a player in their main job, but on the community's idea of what comprises an optimum CAP burn party.

But I suggested this just for fun really, I know it will never happen lol.
    (1)

I was thinking more along the lines of the 3-for-1 deal that SE seems to use with other things, 3 JSE capes for 1 JSE cape on the job you want, 3 BCNM seals for the 1 seal you want, 3 pairs of Empyrean boots for the 1 pair of Empyrean boots you want, etc.

So I was just speculating on trading 300 jobpoints from my Jobmaster excess unusable points, for 100 jobpoints on a job that never ever gets into CAP parties, ever. I have been told that some jobs are getting 2100 jobpoints in less than a week, if they are on a job that is highly prized in burn parties. Other jobs, which never get invited to anything, are looking at many months of soloing those same points with Trusts. So one week, or many months, depending on the desirability of your job in the burn party situation. That sort of kills the whole idea of the points are locked on your job because of Lore, when the differences in gaining CAP varies so hugely based not on the skills of a player in their main job, but on the community's idea of what comprises an optimum CAP burn party.

But I suggested this just for fun really, I know it will never happen lol.
    Nope, that is indeed reasonable. My PLD has a growing pile of JP and nothing to do with them. I wince every time he earns one. I'd be happy to pass a third of those on to a job that doesn't get much invite-love.

I think that idea deserves its own thread. Once you're capped on a job, you should be able to talk to an npc somewhere and "buy" jp for another job at a 3:1 conversion rate.
    (1)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast