Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Arek View Post
    In French, the text says that each merit reduces the HP Penalty by 20%. Not the HP themselves. XD

So with 5/5, you have Accuracy + without HP Loss.
    It's worded as additional so 5/5 would be 80% would it not?
    (0)

Character
    Jem
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Diabolic Eye isn't worth using? Eh, can't really complain at what is effectively Aggressor without penalty. It isn't like acc is automatically capped against higher tier VW mobs (especially without a Relic) and I imagine they are only going to add more evasive mobs rather than less evasive mobs.

It's situational but not useless. I think I had 93.25% acc against the harder T6 VW mobs but that's with Apoc. It's less than that when I use Ragnarok and without a relic you won't cap acc either.

Unless of course you mean Dark Seal which I agree is very situational.
    (3)

Character
    Slayerofgods
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    It's worded as additional so 5/5 would be 80% would it not?
    Yeah my mistake... >_<
    (0)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urteil View Post
    And it is still not worth using . . .

I was hoping that Dark seal would affect potency, we hardly have any Dark Magic to cast as it is.

I guess that's our once per five minutes Dark Magic fast cast!

DE is a good JA....not sure what you are talking about.

20acc is good for every DRK esp on the newer 99 content.

I'm going to change to 4/5 DE, 1/5 DS. (was 5/5 DE ofcourse)
    (0)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Player
    I have always hated DE... I have never had any acc issues on DRK as an Elvaan. I had it once to see what it was like, and a CAP on my HP was not a good tradeoff for only +20acc. and if they keep the current mechanics of DE, if you are 5/5(for what, idk) your max HP for the duration will be a paltry 20% of your max HP(no, you don't take damage, it caps your HP).

I.E. The DE update is absolutely horrible and needs to be completely changed. Maybe +3% damage per merit instead of this crap -80%HP CAP that they're placing.

Seriously, if you use this you WILL die in just about every situation.

Now about the Dark Seal adjustment:

COMPLETE BS!

This is not the Fast Cast for Dark magic that we are looking for. We need a JOB TRAIT not a [B]JOB ABILITY[B] for our Fast Cast. It NEEDS to be POTENCY.

I am also still very upset that the Abyss gauntlets +2 augment enhances Diabolic Eye instead of Dark Seal and where the Abyss Burgeonet +2 augment Enhances Dark Seal. PLEASE FIX THIS! they are completely switched around!

SE please stop drinking gasoline and think of what you're doing. these adjustments are HORRIBLE. My Autistic little brother could think of something far superior than this.

Everyone, please DO NOT support this change. Flare up and be angry. They have replied to it before. This is completely unfair. Look at all the other jobs and their updates(excluding smn and rdm, because SE hates them more than us or equally). These "updates" are more along the lines of MASSIVE NERFS and extremely hard SLAPS IN THE FACE than they are IMPROVEMENTS. Petition these, for they are not worth the time/effort of anyone to even work on them in this way, nor for the players to even utilize these.
    (0)
    Last edited by Saiken253; 02-04-2012 at 03:50 AM.

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiken253 View Post
    Babble

How could you hate DE? You should be using it a lot during the current endgame. You probably aren't capped ACC on some mobs and don't even know it. And it doesn't reduce your HP by 80%....

1/5 = 15%
    2/5 = 12%
    3/5 = 9%
    4/5 = 6%
    5/5 = 3%

DS has extremely limited use and always did. I'm not sure how you consider any of this a nerf, they didn't do anything but give additional benefits to both DS and DE.
    (3)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Vassago
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I needed more accuracy on DRK too!!!!
    Back in the day when there was no Sushi and Sniper's, Toreador's and Peacock Neck made you a good drk.

We need shorter recasts not 1 spell quick-cast every 5 minutes. Which will Only really impact Dread Spikes and Only if your tanking a fast hitting mob and Only if you or healers need a breather...
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Taint2 View Post
    How could you hate DE? You should be using it a lot during the current endgame. You probably aren't capped ACC on some mobs and don't even know it. And it doesn't reduce your HP by 80%....

1/5 = 15%
    2/5 = 12%
    3/5 = 9%
    4/5 = 6%
    5/5 = 3%

DS has extremely limited use and always did. I'm not sure how you consider any of this a nerf, they didn't do anything but give additional benefits to both DS and DE.
    Knowing SE, it's going to be the version i said(with 5/5 merits into it)

[dev1086] Job Adjustments: Dark Knight Part II

Dark Seal
    Recast time will be reduced from fifteen minutes to five.
    Additional merit points will no longer reduce recast time, but instead reduce casting time for dark magic spells by an additional 10% per point.

Diabolic Eye
    Recast time will be reduced from fifteen minutes to five.
    Additional merit points will no longer reduce recast time, but instead reduce maximum HP by an additional 20% per point.

which means each merits you put into it reduces your max HP by a further 20% for each merit(however they seem to have noticed they've overlooked this, which was posted after my post) but I still won't merit this most likely. My acc is still 93%+ in VW and I haven't gotten my apoc yet(but less than 10 from a loan) so my acc should shoot up quite a bit.

this update is still complete BS
    (0)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    You're reading it wrong, plus it's a translation error.

Each point reduces the HP Penalty by 20% per point.
    (2)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiken253 View Post
    My acc is still 93%+ in VW and I haven't gotten my apoc yet(but less than 10 from a loan) so my acc should shoot up quite a bit.

Unless you eat Sushi that is complete BS on the tier6 mobs. (even with sushi people don't cap) With my gear (perfect for DRK) I don't always cap on Ig with Apoc,aggressor,SE and DE.
    (0)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast