Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Serei
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    Nope, it pretty much joined aspir samba in the forgotten abyss of useless JAs.
    ^^^ I have to agree with this.. what the dev were thinking when they gave us this ability i dont want to know. I dont see much use for this one, and to be honest i dont see myself ever using it.
    (0)

I shall dance upon thy grave.

Character
    Vrytreya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Is the maximal hit on a WS round still 8-hit?
    Then the only time this JA would be "useful" is when
    - doing Pyrrhic Kleos
    - Not DWing and doing Evisceration or Dancing Edge.

Why do you force triple attack on WS when the number of hit exceed the maximum number allowed in a WS?
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Triple Attacks only add 2 hits, so you're technically not exceeding the hits/round cap on Evisc and Dancing Edge just by using Ternary. That said, if your offhand procs a DA or TA you lose all of those hits.

But yeah, the weaponskill is worthless. It's good for WSs with low fTP and high mods, but we don't have any with low enough fTP or high enough mods to warrant it.
    (0)

As we have explained before, we hope you understand that Ternary Flourish was implemented with future growth in mind. We plan on strengthening this ability through equipment and merits, and we appreciate your patience as we do so.

We plan on adjusting all jobs, but our highest priorities right now are adjusting puppetmaster, corsair, scholar, dragoon, and warrior’s firepower. We will be working on these job adjustments in order of priority.

In response to a comment asking for Charis Casaque (+1 and +2) to apply to Ternary Flourish as well... if Charis Casaque (+1 and +2) also increased the effects of Ternary Flourish, they would be too powerful as gear items, so we do not plan on implementing those adjustments.

Also, Flourish-type abilities are not separated by rank or effectiveness, but are separated so that they are useful in different situations, so even if an item were to increase the effects of Ternary Flourish, the effects would not be exactly the same as "increasing the effects of Striking Flourish."

Please continue to offer up your feedback on how you want dancer to shine and we will use them as reference points when we think of support abilities for dancers.
    (2)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    So more proof that these forums are pointless and that the devs know best...

Ternary flourish should not have been implimented period, especially if it wasn't ready. Last I checked, people don't like playing with things that aren't finished SE...

Also this whole "Well pup, cor, sch, drg and war are next on our list of updates so sit tight for however long until we get to you guys" thing... 15 of the other jobs who need balancing and purpose just got the shaft next update basically?

And guys... please... no... no ternary flourish merits - Nobody is going to want to merit a useless ability to make it passable! Waltz potency and timers, Samba effect, Regain, ANYTHING but continuing on with this line of thought. Giving us Ternary merits would only be further proof that these forums are only a way for the devs to give us their plans, not to actually have job direction aided by player feedback.

Reading the suggestion post forums should be enough proof that "enhancing ternary flourish" is last on our list - Please pass along the "Dancer Suggestions Round II" Thread to the devs because *that* is the type of direction dnc needs to go in.
    (19)
    Last edited by Shibayama; 10-14-2011 at 09:22 AM.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Flourishes I - Animated, Desperate, and Violent Flourishes - Utility Flourishes that you use when you want their effects, but in very different situations. Each has a place, though Desperate's place is fairly obscure.

Flourishes II - Reverse, Wild, and Building Flourish - Weaponskill enhancing/utility flourishes. All of these flourishes are designed to be combined with weaponskills, which means you use them all in approximately the same situation. Because of this, Reverse is really the only one that gets any play. Building is somewhat unique, in that you can store it up (1 minute duration), but ultimately it delays your next Reverse usage anyway.

Flourishes III - Climactic, Striking, and Ternary Flourish - Weaponskill damage enhancing flourishes. If any of these are worth using, you're only going to use the best one, and you're going to use it whenever you can. They're useful in exactly the same situations as each other... when you're doing a weaponskill and you want it to do more damage.

Current winner in the Flourishes III category is either Climactic (for Rudra's users) or nothing (for non-Rudra's users). In order for Ternary to be useful, it has to either beat Climactic (almost twice as often) or nothing. There's essentially no way that will happen, unless you do something totally broken with it. Adding extra attack rounds to weaponskills just isn't a very powerful mechanism for dagger users, because our weaponskills start with such high fTP.
    (11)

Except that Ternary Flourish and Striking Flourish are not useful in any situation, so they are in fact, not situational. Please tell the devs that if they want us to use them give them other effects than adding an extra hit or two because at this current state even with enhancing gear (Striking Flourish), they are absolutely worthless.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosina View Post
    wasn't hear when that was added. but still I think gear swaping is stupid. That is my opinion, anfd I have the right to say it. If you care to insult me over my opinion then you just prove how childish you are
    Translation: I'm rubber and you're glue, everything bounces off of me and sticks to you, you noob brat gear swapping elitist soloists.

Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Honestly if they're going to keep coming back here and saying "it'll be fixed somehow at an undisclosed point in the future" it just makes me think that they personally have no idea what to do with it, and to be honest giving us an ability that has been, since its testing on the test server, has been *universally accepted as useless* and told to "just be patient" is unnacceptable. By now we should be told exactly what these magical plans are to make ternary flourish better besides "gear and merits". And either way, as people have pointed out, that will more than likely be a damage increase which makes climactic and striking useless as a result. Only one will be used unless ternary like... adds a dispel effect to our next weaponskill or something which seems like a dumb thing to do period.

We should not be at the point of game development where things that will be fixed later are being added as major content. Did the devs not learn from hunt registries, socketing and evoliths? Thats *all* content that was not well thought out and was useless from the get-go, but it was implimented not because it added anything period to the game, but because somebody had an idea they really liked and it got greenlighted. Now there's closer feedback than ever from the playerbase actively telling you what our problems in the current game are and we're told "nah... we wanna do this ternary thing instead guys - just wait." Really?

Long story short, like the content mentioned above, ternary flourish is useless content that added nothing but because somebody up there thinks its a good idea, its the area of focus for dnc to the point where an *incomplete concept* was implemented. It adds nothing to dancer in the current situation and making it do more damage wont do anything to remedy that. Lets pass that info on then.
    (5)
    Last edited by Shibayama; 10-14-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I'm pretty afraid of their "strengthening through merits." It looks like we can already set one of our neo-merits aside as worthless.
    (8)

Player
    When you say "We plan on adjusting all jobs, but our highest priorities right now are adjusting puppetmaster, corsair, scholar, dragoon, and warrior’s firepower. " do you mean the firepower of:corsair,puppetmaster,dragoon,scholar and warrior" or is the firepower of warrior being adjusted?
    (0)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast