Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostrose View Post
    Sure because 2.5M plasma points can be soloed.... you can shout 5 min and get a couple buddies to do assaults.... most of them can be soloed anyway...
    you are far far more likely to get people to participate in a delve shout than you are to get people to participate in an assault shout.
    (0)

Player
    I don't know what server you come from but here in Odin I am lucky if I get 2K bayld per lair reive as there are usually 3,4, or more ppl on them in all zones pretty much at all times. I am actually lucky if I find them up even; lets forget about colonization reives. Was able to fight 1 in over 2 hours.....
    Yes salvage and dynamis are alimited amount of time but percentage wise you get more accomplished in 1.5 hours of salvage towards a mythic then farming bayld 24hrs a day towards an Ergon.... Please stop this nonsense and do some real calculations.....

Also ppl are bazaring litterally thousands of alex and currency every single day in Upper Jeuno. My husband started a mythic a month after I started my ergon, we play roughly the same amount of time and do the same events, well he is 5-6 times ahead of me already with much less effort.

I am sorry but it is obvious that people saying ergon are easier to get didn't work out the numbers....

Calculating to obtain 150 alex from a salvage run:

(150 * 13,099)/30,000 = 65

I would have to make 650,000 bayld per day to compare to 1.5 hours of salvage run.... gimme a break......
    Also most ppl do not just farm alex but also buy it.... well too bad H-P Bayld in bazzar = 0
    more time =/= more difficult.
    (0)

Character
    Lostrose
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I am sorry but I do not and will not support botters, they are NOT the solution to the ergon problem. They are scammers that take advantage of a quest that was lamely handled by SE. SE needs to fix and rebalance the quest so everybody gets a chance to make these weapons without supporting illegal ways of farming.

I am totally aware that 90% of the H-P Baylds come from botters but I wish SE would find the time to add a resonable farming option like salvage and dynamis. That would be the solution to the problem; not lame patch ups like the recent events.
    (0)
    Last edited by Lostrose; 12-01-2014 at 02:06 AM.

Player
    I am sorry but I do not and will not support botters, they are NOT the solution to the ergon problem. They are scammers that take advantage of a quest that was lamely handled by SE. SE needs to fix and rebalance the quest so everybody gets a chance to make these weapons without supporting illegal ways of farming.

I am totally aware that 90% of the H-P Baylds come from botters but I wish SE would find the time to add a resonable farming option like salvage and dynamis. That would be the solution to the problem; not lame patch ups like the resent events.
    agreed, to a point. I still think weapons that are this powerful should be a grind to get. One should have to really dedicate themselves (like mythics) to obtaining them. I wish relics were more difficult to get, but unfortunately they are not. So while I think that HP-bayld obtainment rate should increase... only to a point where it would take 8 months of daily farming for about 45 minutes to get (that is comparable to mythics: 30,000 alex / ~125 alex per day = 240 days).
    (1)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    It is not in the least bit comparable currently. Actively farming WKR and other reives I am lucky to get 20 HP Bayld a day. If I buy the bayld at server price it will cost me 524 million gil. Meanwhile a mythic can be made for 210 million gil. Having recently made a mythic (of which I farmed slightly over a third of the alex myself) I can assure you that most of the requirements were not in the least challenging and required little commitment. There are a few assaults which can pose a challenge (maybe 4 of them). If you make friends with other players interested in making mythics then finding people to do nyzul and einherjar is easy. The biggest challenge to making a mythic is the fact that the tag only respawns once every 24 hours. If there were some sort of system in place where it was as easy to make an ergon weapon as it is to make a mythic I would be delighted.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
    Having recently made a mythic (of which I farmed slightly over a third of the alex myself) I can assure you that most of the requirements were not in the least challenging and required little commitment.

little commitment? unless you are a botter/buying gil you are full of crap. And you don't need to assure me of anything, I'm almost done with my 5th mythic. Only a few assaults are challenging, the rest are easy solo. Nyzul can pose a problem solo if you get bad lamp floors, but if you are lucky there are other people on your server that are making mythics that will let you join their runs. Einherjar T3 is an easy duo for ichor. There is no challenge in making ergon weapons, it's just a grind.

The biggest challenge to making a mythic is the fact that the tag only respawns once every 24 hours.
    Clearly false. It is the assaults that can't be solo'd that are the biggest challenge.

If there were some sort of system in place where it was as easy to make an ergon weapon as it is to make a mythic I would be delighted.
    There is nothing difficult about obtaining ergon weapons, it is just a grind. This might change though once another expansion comes out and people stop doing delve and therefore plasm gets more difficult to obtain. But until then, the limiting factor is how much you have to grind.
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I clearly can't change your opinion, so you are welcome to it.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    Nyzul can pose a problem solo if you get bad lamp floors, but if you are lucky there are other people on your server that are making mythics that will let you join their runs.
    Nyzul gets a pass because if you're lucky there's other people doing it. K.
    Clearly false. It is the assaults that can't be solo'd that are the biggest challenge.
    What happened to getting lucky?

Everyone has different opinions on what's considered "hard." No need to throw around accusations of botting/buying gil when proclaiming that you're almost done with your 5th Mythic doesn't exactly bode well for that anyways. The difficult/grind/omgwtfsohard point of Ergons is the HPB grind, specifically, getting it from other people. Because if you're getting it on your own, we may as well reserve congratulations for the year 2016. The group content oriented difficulty is Plasm, similar to those 3-4 Assaults and Nyzul that you need for Mythics that you can't solo. It doesn't mean that either of those tasks are actually difficult just that you can't easily do them on your own.
    (2)
    7/10/14

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Nyzul gets a pass because if you're lucky there's other people doing it. K.

What happened to getting lucky?

Everyone has different opinions on what's considered "hard." No need to throw around accusations of botting/buying gil when proclaiming that you're almost done with your 5th Mythic doesn't exactly bode well for that anyways. The difficult/grind/omgwtfsohard point of Ergons is the HPB grind, specifically, getting it from other people. Because if you're getting it on your own, we may as well reserve congratulations for the year 2016. The group content oriented difficulty is Plasm, similar to those 3-4 Assaults and Nyzul that you need for Mythics that you can't solo. It doesn't mean that either of those tasks are actually difficult just that you can't easily do them on your own.

you have a problem with reading comprehension. the botting/buying gil comment was referring to "little commitment" comment from the other poster. and you have some audacity to say "doesn't bode well for that anyways" just because someone actually accomplishes things in this game. wouldn't surprise me if you think people are botters/gil buyers if they have anything other than sparks gear. As to your comment about plasm in relation to assaults.... delve is the "in" thing to do. try shouting for assaults and see how long it takes to get people for it. likewise try shouting for delve and see how long it takes to get people for it. The second one probably won't take more than a couple minutes to fill up. The first one you probably won't fill up at all. Most of the assaults that can't be solo'd can be done with about 3 people, but not so much with Lebros Supplies. Pretty much need 5, though if you have the right jobs and gear you might be able to get away with 4. This is why the assault portion of mythics is hard and the plasm portion is not. The rest of the requirements for both types of weapons is just grind. not difficult at all. nyzul can be solo'd, it may just take a few more tries due to bad lamp floors. alexandrite is time commitment, just like HP-bayld. therion ichor can be solo'd, though i recommend duo depending on job choices.

I said it before and I'll say it again.... more time =/= more difficult.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    the botting/buying gil comment was referring to "little commitment" comment from the other poster.
    And their "little commitment" comment was in regards to the requirements other than Alexandrite, which, as they said, requires little. How does botting/buying gil factor into ichor, tokens, and assaults? Maybe you should check your own reading comprehension?

and you have some audacity to say "doesn't bode well for that anyways" just because someone actually accomplishes things in this game. wouldn't surprise me if you think people are botters/gil buyers if they have anything other than sparks gear.
    I run with a group that accomplishes everything the game has to offer, so no, I don't think anyone with more than sparks gear bots. And I know people with multiple RMEs. But the only one I know that has 6 mythics used the Salvage glitch to fund three of them. Bode well != accusation of botting, was more a situation of the pot calling the kettle black.
    As to your comment about plasm in relation to assaults.... delve is the "in" thing to do. try shouting for assaults and see how long it takes to get people for it. likewise try shouting for delve and see how long it takes to get people for it. The second one probably won't take more than a couple minutes to fill up. The first one you probably won't fill up at all. Most of the assaults that can't be solo'd can be done with about 3 people, but not so much with Lebros Supplies. Pretty much need 5, though if you have the right jobs and gear you might be able to get away with 4. This is why the assault portion of mythics is hard and the plasm portion is not.
    And I'd argue that if you're having to rely on shout groups to get the plasm you need for your Ergon, more than likely, you're not in a position to get it easily. I'm not one of those people that run around screaming Delve is hard, I know it's not. But if you're shouting for Delve, the quality of people you're going to get are going to make it hard. And if you've got a LS that runs it? Great, awesome, you prolly already got your Plasm, and if not, I'm sure you'd clear it with ease. That goes equal for the Assaults. If you have friends/LS members, the few that aren't soloable will be knocked out, without issue. If there is issues, then perhaps its time to find a better circle of people to be around.

Where as you say more time =/= more difficult, I (and others it seems) say needing to be socialable in an MMO =/= more difficult.

The rest of the requirements for both types of weapons is just grind. not difficult at all. nyzul can be solo'd, it may just take a few more tries due to bad lamp floors. alexandrite is time commitment, just like HP-bayld. therion ichor can be solo'd, though i recommend duo depending on job choices.
    We agree here, but you're failing to see that the grind for HPBs is not realistically possible for a single person, even multiple people, to complete in a reasonable time frame. Alexandrite is. Not only is it reasonable to solo it, it's readily available in bazaars all across the game if you'd rather buy it.

HPBs? Not so, at all. In the last stretch for my own Ergon I was paying upwards of 45k for the final few hundred pieces. I had reached my limits gil wise, I spent nearly 550 mil total on it. Of the 13099 HPBs needed, I personally obtained less then 450 of them through weeks of Reives, farming Bayld, and spending my banked 1.5 mil that I had when they were added. This wasn't due to "not trying" or saying eh, I'll just buy it. This was putting together Skirmish Bayld farms, spending any free time I had doing Reive rotations (for anyone building and actually entertaining Reives, Foret was the best with 15ish total Reives in the area IMO), going to every WKR that I possibly could, and buying up every single piece of HPB I could find, while shouting in towns to convert Bayld into HPBs anytime I was in town. The effort was immense, and there were days where I saw little progress. Others, I'd have a dozen people or so convert Bayld, sometimes they had a million, other times they had 30k. It was demoralizing to not be capable of making steady, meaningful progress. But the end result was worth it. That grind though, that's the work behind Ergons. Fool yourself some more that 3-4 Assaults begin to compare to camping people's Bayld.
    (2)
    7/10/14

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast