Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Player
    Well from my testing light arts Regen V with Embrava on heals over 100+ a tick which really helps out esp when you use Perpetuance to extend it's duration.
    (2)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashay View Post
    Okay, so when is SCH getting that scholar-specific Refresh III? I can handle SCH learning Regen III and IV earlier than WHM, but I don't see why WHM can't learn Regen V as well by Lv.99. And why is the bonus effect with Light Arts scholar-specific? Most WHMs sub SCH, and having that enhancement would make Regen more useful all around. I sincerely hope the Healing Magic Skill and MND adjustments aren't SCH specific.
    LoL its funny to see all the whms crying about a new Regen spell for sch, as a drk we had a lot of our spells ripped from us and whms came in our forums and told us to stop whining, whm kept the precious cure V and now they are still bitching about sch getting regen 5. Rdm had regen several months before whm, whm ripped regen from rdm, and now sch is the master of regen. The whining whms get over yourself, you were never entitled to regen V SE kept cure V and VI whm only and still you whine there's tons of whm only cures get off sch back they need and should have regen V and maybe even regen 6.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    LoL its funny to see all the whms crying about a new Regen spell for sch, as a drk we had a lot of our spells ripped from us and whms came in our forums and told us to stop whining, whm kept the precious cure V and now they are still bitching about sch getting regen 5. Rdm had regen several months before whm, whm ripped regen from rdm, and now sch is the master of regen. The whining whms get over yourself, you were never entitled to regen V SE kept cure V and VI whm only and still you whine there's tons of whm only cures get off sch back they need and should have regen V and maybe even regen 6.
    I can't decide whether I want to swallow my pride and agree with you, or just make fun of you for your continued perpetuation of the "Drks are emo" stereotype, that normally comes as more of a joke but seems to be the real deal in your case.

I'll take the third option: HEY LOOK, A DANCING PUPPY!
    (3)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Character
    Ashay
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yeah, because I'm so sure I was one of the WHMs on the DRK forum telling you all to stop complaining. I didn't realize it was such a sin to post an opinion on something in a game I've been playing for a long time.

Bottom line is, Regen is a huge part of WHM. If it wasn't, there wouldn't be Regen Effect merits, there wouldn't be multiple pieces of equipment that enhance Regen. Cleric's Briault +2, Enhances potency of "Regen" II. Where's that at for RDM or SCH? Don't get in my face talking about the job when you clearly have no idea.

I cast Regen IV a lot and find it to be pretty useful for the things I do in game every day, so yeah, it's a blow not getting Regen V. Considering SCH isn't even getting Regen IV until this next update, it's just kind of funny. You'd think they'd give Regen V to SCH at Lv.95 and WHM at Lv.99, but no, they clearly have other plans even though they've been pushing that Regen be more useful all along.

In the end, I don't really care for Regen V that much. I can still use Regen IV, and it'll be usable with Accession come the update so that's great. My one reserve was that I was hoping the Regen buff with Light Arts would be for SCH sub as well, but it's not.
    (3)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Yeah, because I'm so sure I was one of the WHMs on the DRK forum telling you all to stop complaining. I didn't realize it was such a sin to post an opinion on something in a game I've been playing for a long time.

Bottom line is, Regen is a huge part of WHM. If it wasn't, there wouldn't be Regen Effect merits, there wouldn't be multiple pieces of equipment that enhance Regen. Cleric's Briault +2, Enhances potency of "Regen" II. Where's that at for RDM or SCH? Don't get in my face talking about the job when you clearly have no idea.

I cast Regen IV a lot and find it to be pretty useful for the things I do in game every day, so yeah, it's a blow not getting Regen V. Considering SCH isn't even getting Regen IV until this next update, it's just kind of funny. You'd think they'd give Regen V to SCH at Lv.95 and WHM at Lv.99, but no, they clearly have other plans even though they've been pushing that Regen be more useful all along.

In the end, I don't really care for Regen V that much. I can still use Regen IV, and it'll be usable with Accession come the update so that's great. My one reserve was that I was hoping the Regen buff with Light Arts would be for SCH sub as well, but it's not.

Would you feel better if Regen V was called Healing Helix instead? Hate to burst your bubble but this was in the work for a long time, sch's wanted and needed a Healing Helix and SE agreed and gave it to them in their own way. Instead of a Curing Helix, SE decided to do the same thing by giving them a higher tier regen with a sizable Light Arts Boost. Do you understand how hard it is to heal on sch? Regen power is part of sch's arsenal heck its even in their 2hr Embrava, furthermore there a direct JA that increase regen's duration. Sch is clearly more equip to use the spells, whms should focus on cures and schs will support you with powerful regens.
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12

Doesn't change the FACT it was a RDM spell first, then given to WHM, now to SCH. Deal with it.

They didn't remove your merits, they still work. WHM is just inferior to SCH now where Regen's are concerned.
    (1)

Character
    Aleste
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    As a white, i feel like it's a little bit of a slap in the face to have regen merits and enhances regen on our relic body only to not have access to the highest tier regen spell.

Though, the scholar in me is saying that giving them cure V would be too overpowered. Regen spells fit nicely into the type of mage that scholar is, so I guess them having Regen V will be a welcome change.

Now what to do with my regen set/merits....
    (3)

Given how basically all of whms gear and abilities are centered around the "Cure" line of spells, with the next largest focus probably being the "barelement" spells, I think you, and everyone else trying to claim the same thing, are pulling "Regen is a huge part of WHM" out of your ass. At this point in the game, regen isn't a huge, big, or even medium sized part of whm. Regen is a small part of whm's immensely powerful healing repertoire that most whms don't even bother making use of due to its lack of efficiency relative to other healing methods, primarily cures. Whm easily caps cure potency, something that is far more difficult for all the other jobs with cure spells, and even takes it a step further by totally bypassing the cure soft and hard caps via cureskin. Whm is also far, far, far more efficient with group heals than the other jobs with the ability, especially sch, due to how accession doubles mp cost and casting time. Whm loses absolutely nothing on any front by sch getting regen V.

Oh, and since you guys all want to complain about sch stealing something from whm (regens), I'd like to call your attention to how whm completely stole something from sch. Both are even present in merits! I'm talking about how whm's "Boost-" line of spells pretty much copied and then totally dwarf sch's Cat2 Merit Stormsurge. Sch's can give +7 to a stat at best, with 5 merits. Whms can give +15 to a stat by sneezing, and with the available enhancing gear, will be able to pass +20~25 at 99. Do I really care about this? No; however the comparison stands.

Seriously people, enough whining. You're starting to sound like a bunch of angsty melee rdms bitching about how they're not recognized for the fact that they want to pretend to be a melee class.

....*dives for the fox hole*
    (5)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Character
    Ashay
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Would you feel better if Regen V was called Healing Helix instead? Hate to burst your bubble but this was in the work for a long time, sch's wanted and needed a Healing Helix and SE agreed and gave it to them in their own way. Instead of a Curing Helix, SE decided to do the same thing by giving them a higher tier regen with a sizable Light Arts Boost. Do you understand how hard it is to heal on sch? Regen power is part of sch's arsenal heck its even in their 2hr Embrava, furthermore there a direct JA that increase regen's duration. Sch is clearly more equip to use the spells, whms should focus on cures and schs will support you with powerful regens.
    Yes, I have Scholar leveled, so I realize that healing can be a challenge for the job. I was all for Scholar getting Cure V. It's getting tier V black magic so I don't see why it's not getting Cure V.

I said before that I don't care much about Regen V, but I'd like to know why SCH as a support job won't get the buff to Regen while under Light Arts. As Raksha said, why limit it unnecessarily? Given that SQEX has been pushing Regen's importance, which is what I've been mentioning all along, you'd think they would want to allow every job the ability to enhance the spell in any way possible. SQEX is making the spell a huge part of WHM by having merits for the job, and equipment that is specific to WHM.

Also, it's not hard to cap Cure Potency for jobs with Cure spells unless you mean PLD. Surya's Staff +3 is +23%, Heka's Kalasiris is +15%, Augur's Gloves are +4%, Tatsumaki Sitagoromo can have +5% in augments, not to mention Roundel Earring which is another 5%.
    (3)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Theytak View Post
    I can't decide whether I want to swallow my pride and agree with you, or just make fun of you for your continued perpetuation of the "Drks are emo" stereotype, that normally comes as more of a joke but seems to be the real deal in your case.
    He's refering to a thread where he complained about Puppetmaster getting some of the Dark Knight spells. While I don't remember if I highlighted the fact that Puppets can cast Cure V/VI and nobody really thinks they can outheal even someone subbing White Mage, I do remember I thoroughly destroyed the complaints in a logical and sound manner, and then have got to watch him complain about it up and down the Dark Knight threads just because the job I listed as "main job" on my profile happens to be White Mage.

I'm sure he's reading this, thinking about how much more he is going to complain about having his complaints routed, and I'd like to remind him that Afflatus Misery and Scarlet Delirium share a lot of traits suspiciously in common (I happily remember pointing this out on several occasions because I am suspicious they share some code on some level - not because I would care in the remotest sense that another job could use it or something designed to be crappy like it is).

Scholar is getting bigger buffs to Regen spells then we are with Light Arts, does that make it more of a part of their job then ours? To be honest, I wish they never had the Regen Effect merits, and I hope they delete them in favor of something else, because they certainly would have never reduced Regen cast times just for White Mage, or it would have been done ages ago before SCH was ever a job. If there is anything to be mad about here, I'd say it is that and that alone.

I cast Regen IV a lot and find it to be pretty useful for the things I do in game every day
    Why? It is MP inefficient and takes ages to cast. Please tell me you don't have merits in it. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    They didn't remove your merits, they still work.
    They should remove them, and give us something else. Not even because of this change, but because it sucks... well not as bad as Divine Seal and Banish Effect merits do, but sheesh. Of all of the jobs, I don't think any other Category 1 is as easy to decide as White Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Theytak View Post
    Given how basically all of whms gear and abilities are centered around the "Cure" line of spells, with the next largest focus probably being the "barelement" spells, I think you, and everyone else trying to claim the same thing, are pulling "Regen is a huge part of WHM" out of your ass.
    To be fair to White Mages complaining about this, nearly 20% of White Mages had merits in Regen for the 10th Census data.

I'd like to think this was a result of not having AF3 pants yet or something, or because they don't feel the need for cure cast time merits. I suppose if you didn't want cure cast time merits, and your choices (obviously you chose Barspell effect) were Regen effect, Banish effect, and Divine Seal recast I think the choice would be obvious (of a White Mage's five merit choices, Regen potency isn't the worst... let that sink in a moment).

Anyways, I can basically say that while some anger about this change is understandable (I was a bit miffed that they changed the cast times now instead of ages ago - plus, I still haven't seen Red Mage get even Regen III yet!), I don't think it is unfair for Scholar to get Regen V.

I know that the minority of people coming in here just to say "haha every WHM evar are upset 3fsefeopoo?AFF?A CURE V!!!!11" don't represent the majority of people (a good portion of which are career White Mages) who calmly explained to the OP that Regen V isn't really going to make Regen spells not suck for White Mages, but I shudder to think that someone might think they do. I'm not one of them.
    (4)
    Last edited by Economizer; 11-30-2011 at 10:02 AM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast