Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Grekumah, what about that third tier of march that was promised?
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    Grekumah, what about that third tier of march that was promised?
    Source? I'm going to highly doubt they "promised."
    (1)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I know this isn't exactly the "right" thread. But the DRK thread seriously seems like nobody ever looks at it?

What about adjustments to Absorbs so they don't decay over time in this next update?
    (0)

Player
    There would be little benefit if any for a 3rd tier of March. I'd rather have a third Elegy. Right now you still need 2 marches to cap haste unless getting haste2 or something.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    There would be little benefit if any for a 3rd tier of March. I'd rather have a third Elegy. Right now you still need 2 marches to cap haste unless getting haste2 or something.
    Wouldn't the benefit be maybe not needing 2 marches to cap haste...? Granted I seriously doubt they'd make one that powerful but still

Edit: Actually now that I think about it it wouldn't take much with marcato if march III had just 2 more haste than victory it would be enough to cap magic haste with just haste spell
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 03-01-2015 at 09:58 AM.

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...-Job-Manifesto

What about our Massacre Elegy? Been waiting 3 years and counting since that post.
    (0)

Player
    They "had" plans; those plans may no longer exist.

It's not like bards are in a bad place right now. They are still used in practically all content. I don't believe they are in need of any buffs.
    (3)

Character
    Vinedrius
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    They "had" plans; those plans may no longer exist.

It's not like bards are in a bad place right now. They are still used in practically all content. I don't believe they are in need of any buffs.
    Agreed. It is the last job in need of a buff... after geo... geo is just... ridicilous.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    If SE has changed their minds about not giving massacre elegy, all I want them to say is "we've changed our minds" or a no for the spell.
    I've asked for a status update many times

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...Massacre-Elegy

yet SE has yet to reply. Instead they keep dangling that carrot(massacre elegy) infront of me. I keep asking because other jobs got the
    spells/ja's they wanted. SMN got 2 avatars, RDM got haste 2. I'm sure there are more but those are the 2 that people have asked for a long
    time and SE did give it to them.

So why do those jobs get what they wanted and brds don't?

My only guess is because SE wrote themselves into a corner beause they thought Abyssea was the end all to the game. When looking at Emp+2 gear,
    it has some of the unique stats that apply to songs only(before new reforged AF and Relic came along). Also if you look at the spell progression
    list of how songs progressed until the 75 cap, there is a 31 level gap between advancing march(lvl 29) and victory march(60) and a 20 level gap
    between battlefield elegy(39) and carnage elegy(59). If we extend these level gaps a 3rd tier march should have falling in the 92-99 range and
    massacre elegy should have fallen at 79 range. Though this does not explain how lower level HNMs(at the time of lvl 75) could use the spell.
    I point out ROC could cast the spell, but his estimated lvl is around 55, less it's just the ROC family of type mobs that can use it regardless of level.

Granted because of the nature of massacre elegy(100% slow) this is probably why not at the lvl 79 range, but I've made numerious posts on
    possible solutions to how they could add massacre elegy and fit their desire to have it a spell not obtainable by everyone.

1)Most difficult way, require Mythic 99 or 119, relic 99, emp 99 and associate it to a quest to unlock it.
    2)Time driven way, add it as a gift for X amount of job points used(like 500 or some high number)
    3)Easy way, add it as Gjallahorn specific spell(as I've been a long time propoant that sheild and horn should get a special ja/spell associated
    with it, akin to unique ws for weapons)

I just would like a definitive "yes" or "no" answer from SE.
    (0)

Player
    If SE has changed their minds about not giving massacre elegy, all I want them to say is "we've changed our minds" or a no for the spell.
    I've asked for a status update many times
    They don't have to give you an update.

yet SE has yet to reply. Instead they keep dangling that carrot(massacre elegy) infront of me.
    As far as I can tell they haven't mentioned it in years. You just keep bringing it up.

So why do those jobs get what they wanted and brds don't?
    Because SE thinks they need them? It really doesn't matter why. Different jobs, different balance, different situations; this can't really be compared.

I just would like a definitive "yes" or "no" answer from SE.
    You don't need an answer. It hasn't been implemented yet, so apparently they are either working on it or don't want to implement it.
    (1)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast