Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    What are you even talking about? At no point did I say anything about nerfing any job in that post. I'm going to paraphrase a little, but the way I read things you said that SE forcing bst to be a front line won't work til they fix the problems with front lines and instead people will just do the blm sch strategy. Dasva stated that they think SE's answer to front lines is use more geo. Since answer was in quotation marks I get the feeling Dasva doesn't think it's a good solution. I guess what I was trying to get across is I don't think it's a good solution either, and given the choice people would still just use the blm sch magic burst way of doing things. Seriously what are you trying to argue here? Seems to me that everyone is in agreement.

I got the impression from your post that you don't think back line jobs should be so powerful. I don't think that is the problem at all. Back line jobs need the same number of support jobs to perform as DDs as front line jobs do. I don't know where you get "Twice the support" from.
    (0)

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    This guy is such a troll
    (0)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo- View Post
    This guy is such a troll
    You've been on every FFXI site on the web spreading false information and trolling people about BST. BST isn't the best DD. BST isn't trivializing content and nerfing BST isn't going to fix anything. I'm going to go ahead and put you on my ignore list because you keep saying things that you know aren't true and seem intent on provoking me. Best of luck. I hope you find whatever it is that's missing from your life. Cheers!
    (2)

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    This site doesn't have an ignore list, but if it I overlooked it let me know as I'd love to add you. I don't spread misinformation, I posted my opinion on three sites including this one and rarely do I bring it up if ever. BST is getting the adjustment it needs. Maybe I should have used a troll account like you though so people don't try and label me as the only one posting their opinion against BST, as if lol.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bazookatooth View Post
    I got the impression from your post that you don't think back line jobs should be so powerful. I don't think that is the problem at all. Back line jobs need the same number of support jobs to perform as DDs as front line jobs do. I don't know where you get "Twice the support" from.
    You got the wrong impression then. I was saying front line jobs shouldn't be so easy to kill. Though admittedly the developers might not be setting mobs magic defense bonus high enough while setting things like accuracy and evasion too high. Well accuracy is definitely too high, or maybe player evasion just isn't high enough. Pretty sure someone tried to blink tank Wrathare on ninja and even with every accuracy debuff and evasion buff they couldn't make it off the floor.

Anyway the twice the support thing is that both front line and backline DDs need offensive support buffs to deal good damage, but front lines also need defensive buffs to not be one shot by various aoe attacks as well are require a lot more healing. It's probably not exactly twice but it's still enough to make front line jobs the least appealing option. Especially when you think about how if you are set up to deal damage by magic bursting geos and rdms become DDs too.
    (1)

Frankly I'd rather they just reduced pet weaponskill damage than mess around with having us in range. Making us in range makes BST essentially useless. It won't even be good for soloing completely worthless content anymore. What people are asking for is for the job to not be viable in anything. That's really sad.
    (4)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    No it doesn't, most BST just AOE old content where you would be in range anyway after you collect all the mobs. It lowers your dmg output but it won't make you useless, you just have to run in with PDT gear > run out after JA. I would have preferred a capped timer of 20s, allowing bst to use a 2nd axe w/o worry and evening the dmg across DD.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    You say that sarcastically but it actually brings up an important point. Why would players use front line jobs if they need twice the support when they could bring more back line DDs and less support.
    The same reason as always higher dps potential... the caveat being of course that it only works if you can get said support AND if you can survive. Hence why when difficulty lvl of nms jump up you often see ranged strategies tried first until people learn how much it takes to stay in range. Which before the enmity update was basically rng onry DD strats. Though it's not really necessarily twice the support since some of that would be used on pld anyways on farther strats
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 09-03-2015 at 02:32 AM.

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Is it a higher dps potential though? The magic burst way of doing things seems like a lot more damage than any melee could put out. Jug pets are about on par with melee damage, but bsts do pretty well without needing pld tanks.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo- View Post
    No it doesn't, most BST just AOE old content where you would be in range anyway after you collect all the mobs. It lowers your dmg output but it won't make you useless, you just have to run in with PDT gear > run out after JA. I would have preferred a capped timer of 20s, allowing bst to use a 2nd axe w/o worry and evening the dmg across DD.
    And then your pets constantly die... and with 10 second timers and ja lock you are basically in range over half the time

I'm curious to your idea of "evening" as a 20 second timer would basically put jugs at a max 1k dps assuming capped acc/pdif with averages being much lower. I'm really curious who actually thinks that's a lot of dmg since ilvl was introduced?

I say this because for fun and because I've been wanting to see what it could do I made up a quick single wield war build on the dps calculator spread sheet. Was kind of tricky since it wasn't setup for single wielding or swords at all and basically had to input all new gear, ws mods, adjust for differences in single wielding, and of course make up a quick simple set which was basically just the gear already on there swapping out main/sub and putting arco in except reforged af3 legs for ws so likely not best sets (I'm guess the new hecatomb would be better but meh) I'm getting about 1800 dps without self buffs, cor rolls, samba, enspell etc just normal capped pdif/acc and magic haste from brd (so small stat boost from that) and boost str from whm. Adding things like haste samba, sam/war roll and warcry with savagery merits/gear it jumps up to 3200 (most of that from the samba since not having dual wield or ja haste hurts ALOT with). While I admit with all the fiddling I might have slightly messed a couple things up by small amounts but I doubt it's by more than a couple hundred dps considering war can get 1060 tp bonus just between fencer and gear and savage blade has over 10 ftp at 2k tp so should be able to break 10k dmg wsing as soon as they get tp
    (1)
    Last edited by dasva; 09-03-2015 at 04:34 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast