Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    For all those arguing back and forth about dynamis:
    Has the pet th nerf changed anything about bst being the optimal job for dynamis solo farming? Have the number of bandwagon bst's decreased at all since that time?

Get off it. this has little to do w/ dynamis. The 'Jerk perle bsts' in dynamis are the same players as the jerk bandwagon sams, bandwagon mnks, and bandwagon whatever players who have plagued any event or fad. In fact, those spewing anti-job HATE ARE THOSE JERKS!

for those players comparing what jobs can get treasure hunter... Bluemage can get th2 w/out /thf and that doesn't bother me at all. There have always been jobs which have big advantages in one situation or another. Thats one of the great strengths of the game.

I can see how a developer would be explaining that "in order for bst to get more th they would need a pet th+ piece of gear" w/out specific plans to implement such a thing. I can also see how a translator would leave that a bit vague in the post.

However, this is exactly the kind of thing a community rep should be looking out for and looking for the best way to say.
    Japanese does not translate well. The way of thinking is very different. I lived in Japan for several years. Even speaking the language, you REALLY to acclimate to the culture. When you translate something, you don't just translate it. You retell it in another language. The attitudes of the english speaking communities are vastly different from the attitudes and perspective of the japanese community. This should be considered when retelling a response.

I can also see how someone would be tempted for a little bait and switch to mitigate the backlash this announcement made. As far as good communication goes it was a fail for one reason or another.
    (8)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I understand culture play a big influence, but come on... a simple yes and no, this is why, is more than sufficient. We do this because this is what we feel.... Stop playing the culture + race card. This is a video game not politic lol. All those snowflakes and princess softy with delicate feelings
    (2)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

Please understand that the original message that I posted was not intended as a guarantee that we will be adding this kind of gear in the future. This was meant to only be an example of how the pet’s Treasure Hunter could be enhanced to a higher level. While this does not rule out any possibility of adding equipment like this in the future, it was never a promise that it would be implemented.
    If you do not know if something will happen then why take the time to say it at all? You basically had no idea if this ever be done yet threw it out there.

Unless! It got shot down behind the scenes! TIN FOIL HATS AT THE READY! RALLY BEHIND CAMATE! HE SHALL FIGHT THIS CONSPIRACY FOR US!

Overall, I do not think it is a big deal, but now we have threads like this with BST fan boys off the wall taking a poorly phrased statement as a promise :|
    (1)

4. 08-03-2012 12:42 PM

Character
    Clairefeld
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmalum View Post
    In context, it was a promise. And the slap at Americans was completely unnecessary, and as an American, I am offended by your post. I will, however, explain to you why people are so outraged by what's happened since you seem to be unable to get it.

We Americans have in our history a notorious con artist and and circus owner named P. T. Barnum. At one traveling circus he ran, he put an egret (a type of bird) on display; there was a sign directing visitors to this attraction, which read "This way to the egret". At the exit to the room with the egret, there was a very similar sign reading "This way to the egress". Now, the word "egress" sounds like it could mean "female egret" in the same way that we have words such as "actress" for a female actor. It doesn't. It's actually an obscure word for "exit". When people followed this sign, expecting to see another exotic bird, they would leave the circus grounds--only to find themselves charged full price if they wanted to get back in. I'm sure that Barnum blamed the victims of this trick for being "stupid" much like how you are doing now.

Barnum's "egress" con is a prime example of how you can speak the literal truth and still be a damn dirty liar. Human languages are inherently imprecise and incomplete and a single sentence may potentially convey an unlimited range of possible meanings. Some of these are the exact opposite of the sentence's literal meaning. It's the context that makes all the difference. When a speaker creates an utterance intended to create in the minds of the listener an impression at variance with what the speaker believes to be true, deception has been perpetrated. Semantic game-playing makes no moral difference; if you say something that you know has been misinterpreted by the listener in a way favorable to you, it is up to you to correct it or at least disavow the mistaken interpretation. If you do not, then you have lied.

Now, the FFXI development team has the resources of a multibillion dollar international corporation behind them; there are numerous people working for Square-Enix who are supposed to be devoted to making sure these kind of "misunderstandings" don't take place. And in fact, on other issues we have had official statements from Camate and crew saying, "No, you misunderstand, what we meant was _____." What can we conclude from this? Either the reps were lying and the dev team was silent about TH pet gear (quite unlikely! Don't be mad, guys, just mentioning this for logical completeness), the dev team was lying at the time, the dev team is lying now, or the dev team just plain forgot about the original statement and we deserve an apology.

As for the issue of whether BST pets should have TH or not, well, all I have to say about it is this: the dev team has made it very clear that to them, boosting item drops rather than (say) doing damage is a very big part of what THF is about. If they didn't want to give us a pet that boosted item drops, then they should not have made those pets THF job to begin with.
    Nicely said and true but the fact is that its their game and they can do what they like, If you don't like it then stop paying and be happy instead of complaining about some misunderstanding. Get use to the idea that shit happens, Just because they changed their mind doesn't mean they lied so what if they planned on doing TH gear they then realised it wasn't needed and changed their minds and that is their right to do so. Your right is to express your feelings and hope they listen or to stop paying if you dont like it.

Alot of this game needs to be balanced out and even by putting pet TH to 1 is still unbalanced since bst can kill solo that thf can't or farm alot faster then thf without a mage to buff/heal them. I'm leveling bst because of this and i don't really want to, Another example is I'm nearly done on my rag but still believe resolution needs to be nerfed or give scythe a stronger WS. I mean a scythe that has the highest Base dmg and longest delay on it gets shit on by an infirior weapon stat wise because of that WS. Just not something you would expect if your looking for balance.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aisu; 08-03-2012 at 01:05 PM.

Character
    Tagrineth
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldersyde View Post
    You could only come to a conclusion like this by totally disregarding context. You either totally fail at reading comprehension or you're just stupid. Pick one.
    Or I just take things at face value instead of reading what I WANT to read into it.

But thanks for the personal attack, douchebag.

I *REALLY* hope that SE doesn't relent on giving pet:TH+ gear just to appease the immeasurable degree of QQ.
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I honestly think some of you would forgo buffs to your own jobs just to see someone else dragged down with nerfs. It seems to make you happier when someone else is nerfed than when you are buffed.
    (2)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Except we see this sort of thing happen ALL THE TIME. I see BSTs with this sort of attitude all the time.
    That sort of thing? You mean a BST doing a zone and not answering you.... Interesting enough, some people turn of tells, or are too busy to spend time answering impatient people.

Even worse you're told the time remaining, so your qualm is with a/multiple BST doing something you want to do.... shame on them, don't they know you have priority.
    (3)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    It's not hard to respond to a tell at all. If you're busy when you get the tell, wait until you have a little breathing space and then respond. Don't just completely ignore someone. I understand that these stupid bandwagon BSTs have no friends and therefore have no social skills, but it's common courtesy to respond when somebody talks to you.

And yes, it should be clear that multiple people have priority over a single BST. It a case of 2+ people having fun vs 1 person having fun. Not only that, but a group of people will most certainly kill quicker than a BST.
    When a way of checking time remaining for said event is built into the game there is no need to reply to a question with which you already have an answer.

No, wrong! It's not a case of more people have priority, that's NOT how this game works. First come First serve... Do something else while you wait, or go AFK. You do NOT have priority, you NEVER will.

The game functions simply: If you pay to play the game, you have the right to play any part of it when you want to.

Kill speed is IRRELEVANT.
    (3)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    I understand that a lot of you bandwagon BSTs have started playing the job because you're social outcasts and are unable to find any friends to play with, but that doesn't mean that you should take it out on other players.
    lol, you attempts at trolling are atrocious. Seriously, Kindergarten children do it better.

I hope you haven't played this game long, otherwise I'm surprised you haven't realised how this game works by now.

The people are the same the jobs just change.
    (2)

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    lol, you attempts at trolling are atrocious. Seriously, Kindergarten children do it better.

I hope you haven't played this game long, otherwise I'm surprised you haven't realised how this game works by now.

The people are the same the jobs just change.
    SE makes changes to jobs here and there, people are happy and/or sad, but nothing actually changes until they introduce something huge like perfect defense or embrava, and then people slightly tweak their setups to accommodate these changes.

So while BST has improved a lot in the past few years, nothing has really changed. People still don't want you in their groups, and as a result you take it out on innocent people.

But that's beside the point. SE has made their decision. BST isn't getting pet TH gear. Boo hoo. The job is fine as it is. I don't really see why this thread has gone on for so long.
    (0)

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast