Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Yeah we all probably mostly are excited about the roadmap etc - but reworking old content or adding new content to old zones just isn't the same as actually providing a new continent to explore.
    To be perfectly honest, I don't give a rat's ass if zones are recycled and reskinned. I only care about whether or not the content within said zones is fun or not.

FFXI is fortunate to have the opposite problem of FFXIV. We have loads of fun content in reused/reskinned zones. FFXIV has stunningly beautiful zones and music, but there's little to no content. While I'd love to explore new zones as much as the next guy, it could be so much worse.

/point FFXIV
    (2)

-- Fan of Abyssea and FFXI's New Direction --
    -- THF - DNC - BLM - RDM --

Meh, I guess I'm a special kind of Adventurer. I like new content, But I Like new areas too.

I'll be okay if we never get to visit new zones, I'll leave the game dissapointed i never got to Explore the ruins of Tavnazia, or Visit the Mithran homeland, But at the same time, I'll leave happy with the experience i had in the game and what it had to offer.

I just, Like a lot of people, Hope and pray some day we'll be able to visit all the wonderful places we're teased about in Cutscenes, Opening Movies, and NPC Chat.

I won't quit if we never see another new zone, but i'll be sad about it. Even though I know i'll still enjoy the new content given too us

Because you're right. it could be worse.
    (3)

And I want to explore new places like you do, but if SE keeping cranking out new, fun content, I think I'll be OK with it.

I want to see the same places you do.
    (0)

-- Fan of Abyssea and FFXI's New Direction --
    -- THF - DNC - BLM - RDM --

I feel like I'm the only person here who DOESN'T want to see brand new content. Why waste so much time adding new systems and creating assets to go with them when so much of the game was tossed aside by the community for feeling incomplete or under developed?
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Catsby View Post
    I feel like I'm the only person here who DOESN'T want to see brand new content. Why waste so much time adding new systems and creating assets to go with them when so much of the game was tossed aside by the community for feeling incomplete or under developed?
    What has been tossed Aside or Under Developed in the eyes of the Community that Added new HNMs to it would fix? Cause thats all that seems to be forthcoming. The content planning on being added just seems to be "We're putting new HNMs in old areas so you use them more".

The Rep has already stated We won't see a new zone for at least a year, So whos to say a lot of those problems wouldn't be fixed by then?

We don't ask for the new expansion Right now, I think that right now it would be a bad time to implement, But a Year from now, or 2 years, It would be nice to see new zones.

Genuinely curious.

Edit: Afterthought Oh! I personally don't Consider Adding New Zones, New Enemies, New Battle-fields, New HNMs, New End-game Activites, And all that jazz that comes with an Expansion, a Waste of time
    (2)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 04-13-2011 at 08:36 AM.

Creating new content and assets to go along with it takes time.

Fine tuning pre existing content and the assets that went along with it also takes time.

Would you prefer new zones, quests and shiny new graphics if it meant you were going to be playing fields of valor v.3 and struggling with the UI? or would you like to see dramatic overhauls to the UIs and mechanics already in place if it meant you aren't going to see anything completely new and different? I'm arguing that development is breaking their backs to produce more game for players that don't realize why they are getting bored or frustrated in the first place.
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Fine tuning pre existing content and the assets that went along with it also takes time.

Would you prefer new zones, quests and shiny new graphics if it meant you were going to be playing fields of valor v.3 and struggling with the UI? or would you like to see dramatic overhauls to the UIs and mechanics already in place if it meant you aren't going to see anything completely new and different? I'm arguing that development is breaking their backs to produce more game for players that don't realize why they are getting bored or frustrated in the first place.
    Well, I'm not upset my UI is a crowded mush-pot of useless Junk, I quite like and enjoy my Current UI, and if I ever think its too under-developed, Theres Windower, Why waste Quality Development time improving the UI, If Windower already has those improvements?

I don't know what Mechanics you find broken, But explain them to me. I actually might agree with you, but thats too vague for me to recall anything :|

Frankly, I have enough faith in SE based on Past experiences that if we got a New Expansion with new zones, It wouldn't be entire too half-assed. Even WoTG when initially Release had Camapaign, and Despite Mixed reviews, Was enjoyable and well done. Same with Campaign Ops. ToAU had a lot of Out-of-the-box Content, and was thoroughly Enjoyable while changing Meriting/Endgame for years to come. CoP was hailed as one of the best Expansions to date, and RoTZ changed the game completely.

I know a lot of your complaints are based on the here and now, My thought is that, ~1/2 Years down the road when they've fixed/Tweaked a lot, and we're settling into new content, If they could divert some Time/effort to creating New worlds to explore so when the old content becomes stale, We get not only Newer content, But more zones to explore and experience as a whole.

So i guess what i'm saying is, I'll take both options, Because both are absolutely possible given the allowed time.

Edit:And really, We as a community of nearly 200,000+ should never be forced to chose between "Meaningful Content" and "New zones", when games like Everquest can pump out Expansions with new zones and events with much less playerbase, and being a much older game.

Its because SE has diverted so much resources to reviving that dead flop of a failure that FFXI has gotten the Sh*t end of the stick in terms of Development Resources. My hope is that once that game finally dies, Or gets off its feet, Restrictions ease up and FFXI Gets more of its team back, and we can go back to having our cake, and eating it too.
    (2)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 04-13-2011 at 09:06 AM.

Player
    Well it was nice of them to respond, at least it gives a definite answer eh. Devin is only lucky he's too cute to harangue.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeek View Post
    To be perfectly honest, I don't give a rat's ass if zones are recycled and reskinned. I only care about whether or not the content within said zones is fun or not.

FFXI is fortunate to have the opposite problem of FFXIV. We have loads of fun content in reused/reskinned zones. FFXIV has stunningly beautiful zones and music, but there's little to no content. While I'd love to explore new zones as much as the next guy, it could be so much worse.
    /point FFXIV
    True enough... to a point. I'm a very patient person believe me. But it's been over 3 years now since around ToA was released and fleshed out. And that's far long enough. I expect them to use the money I pay them to make something that isn't fundamentally some alternate timeline/dimension crap recolored with the MS paint bucket tool or given some mood-lighting. I'm not paying them to focus on FFXIV while rehashing XI.

Same argument I replied to earlier. It doesn't follow that because something might turn out badly, you shouldn't do it. Maybe you shouldn't get out of bed in the morning, after all you might catch a cold. It's an arbitrary thing to say.
    (2)
    Last edited by Gwynplaine; 04-13-2011 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    Well it was nice of them to respond, at least it gives a definite answer eh. Devin is only lucky he's too cute to harangue.

True enough... to a point. I'm a very patient person believe me. But it's been over 3 years now since around ToA was released and fleshed out. And that's far long enough. I expect them to use the money I pay them to make something that isn't fundamentally some alternate timeline/dimension crap recolored with the MS paint bucket tool or given some mood-lighting. I'm not paying them to focus on FFXIV while rehashing XI.
    See its ironic cause this is probably exactly whats happening >.>
    (2)

Player
    It would be nice to see some sideways expansion of gear and weapons at the same power as the current top end gear with some "true" hnm level fights for 90+ that falls out side of abys. Make VNM worth going after out side of abys, make snm a bit more rewarding too. There a lot of old content they could easily add in level 90+ mobs and gear just as long as its not subjected to the atmas and staggers of aby i still think they comply messed up the job balancing and pacing of the game.
    (0)

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast