Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Mog Garden and Abyssea Titles

Teegrins and welcome.

Stay a while, and mittens.

...come, perchance take a look around, and peruse this suggestion that which is entirely about the titles adventurers don wherever they may roam, and not at all about mittens, nor kittens. Well... maybe a bit about kittens.

I've developed some qualms with how we, the adventurers, are being titled either by random, or after a number of participations in the mog garden-specific activities.

Titles are fun and all, but could there be at least a hint of the transmogrification taking place? Too many a time I've noticed my title has been changed without my consent. Not that I can be a chooser either way, but I don't like being uninformed. I tend to prefer keeping the title I personally set. The rapid occurrences of titles changing these days almost render the ability to change one's title utterly redundant.

For an uncertain amount of time, I felt this about monsters in Abyssea, and I still do. It would be great if those monsters granted their title only once, and after that, adventures would have to set their title at the appropriate NPC, if they wished to be titled with the particular nomenclature once more again.
    At least when I went to play with those monsters, I would know that my title will change. When I go to my mog garden, for the time being, I need to be tracking my title after everything I do there... Horrible!

I wonder how difficult it would be to implement an option along the lines of: “Don't Automagically Set Title”. I'm sure it wouldn't be fun. In fact, it's probably extremely excruciating.

On the flip side, there are some characters that are unable to get their title to change by defeating monsters, even if they try! I know one who almost never gets titled at the moment of defeating the Orthrus Seether...

Well, I think that's all. Fer now.

It may seem like a silly request. It's a pet-peeve at most, and nothing I would invest significant amounts of time into, but nevertheless, it's a thing.

~ö~
    (1)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 03-15-2014 at 04:51 AM. Reason: ¯·.·¯·¯·.·¯
    ...or so the legend says.