Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

The stuff a few of us want to know.

Ok, I know you're trying to push Delve at the moment, SE, and I'mma let you finish.. But a few of us have looked forward to RUN and GEO for the past year only to find that once they hit 99 they are novelty at best. RUN isn't a DRK, it's not a PLD, yet it's supposed to be a tank when it doesn't have the gear pool to take the hits it doesn't evade or parry, then there's the "It's a magic tank." Well, at full defensive buff, it can still take heavy damage from magic, a well geared RUN should be able to just laugh at Suzaku's Chainspell shenanigans, but alas, it cannot.

Elemental defense was recently addressed and is supposed to be boosted in the 4/29 update. My concern is with the physical defense..or lack thereof for RUN, RUN needs access to higher defense gear that you don't have to jump through hoops for, I'm looking at you, Legion, Wildskeeper, Skirmish, and Delve. I doubt Skirmish would be much of a hoop if you could actually get the pop items...or, you know, if a good set of armor came from them.

Geomancer...It's not a Bard, It's not a Red Mage, It's not a Black Mage or a Scholar...what the hell is it? GEO doesn't seem to have a role atm, not that I've seen anyway. Perhaps it's due to the fact that 90% of 99 GEOs were leeched or leveled too fast to have capped skills, and their skills are still a work in progress, or perhaps it's because it just needs more special cases, like how Bard Songs can't be interrupted by an enemy's physical attacks, perhaps Geo- and Indi- spells should be able to poison a mob regardless of resistance or something, I don't know, give it something.

Lastly, when are RUN/GEO AF/AF2/Emp and merits coming out? I see all this news about new battlefields, new gear, nerfs to reives, un-nerfs to reives, patches for Naakuals, banning RMT for selling XP, and my best response to this so far has been "Hmm, that's nice." I understand that RUN and GEO aren't supposed to be leveled this fast, but with how fast leveling goes nowadays, releasing an incomplete job then just leaving us hanging on the details is kinda frustrating. And no, I didn't leech RUN, I did, however take it to 99 via GoV in 3-4 days, and have experimented with is quite a bit, be it in Sky, Abyssea(lol), or VW.

Ok, I'm done, let the flaming begin.
    (14)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

You must be new to FFXI. AF/Relic/Mythic etc is always released 2-3 patches after the job's introduction. Even the base/zilart classes didn't get their shit for awhile after implementation.

Also to my knowledge GEO debuffs can't be resisted unless the mob has a "Completely Resist" affinity to it, i.e you will never get paralyze off on Shiva so on so forth.
    (4)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    You must be new to FFXI. AF/Relic/Mythic etc is always released 2-3 patches after the job's introduction. Even the base/zilart classes didn't get their shit for awhile after implementation.

Also to my knowledge GEO debuffs can't be resisted unless the mob has a "Completely Resist" affinity to it, i.e you will never get paralyze off on Shiva so on so forth.
    I'm not new, Ele, we were acquaintances when you were on Phoenix. DNC and SCH had AF at release, I'm pretty sure, regardless, leveling wasn't as fast as it is now back when BLU, COR, PUP, DNC, SCH were released.
    (1)
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    I'm not new, Ele, we were acquaintances when you were on Phoenix. DNC and SCH had AF at release, I'm pretty sure, regardless, leveling wasn't as fast as it is now back when BLU, COR, PUP, DNC, SCH were released.
    I know you lol, I'm just saying it honestly shouldn't be a surprise at this point they slack on introducing the "rest of the job", I had hoped for otherwise, for once, but it is still SE after all. They didn't have it at release either sadly since like BLU/COR/PUP, DNC and SCH (my mains then) didn't have 70 cap break quest and it wasn't until 70 cap introduction did the AF get released.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    IIRC, it was stated that the lv 70 fight would be included in the 4/29 update, let's hope they do the same thing they did in the past. I'm kinda curious how they'll handle AF quests, AF and the quests for it should be geared towards lv 50-60's needing help with a fight or two, I dunno how they'll handle that with SoA being geared towards 99's. I'm also wondering if they'll add AF2 to Dyna and Emp to Abyssea or something different.
    (0)
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    IIRC, it was stated that the lv 70 fight would be included in the 4/29 update, let's hope they do the same thing they did in the past. I'm kinda curious how they'll handle AF quests, AF and the quests for it should be geared towards lv 50-60's needing help with a fight or two, I dunno how they'll handle that with SoA being geared towards 99's. I'm also wondering if they'll add AF2 to Dyna and Emp to Abyssea or something different.
    Not sure why you wouldn't hold off on being concerned with this until after we see what we get in the update... like... seriously... its 3 days..

EDIT:

And yeah, after the update if there's no mention or reference to AF1/2/3, then it would be justified to go "Uuuh wtf?"
    (1)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Usually it takes them a good one year or so to fully tweak the new jobs. Some jobs even see SIX full years for fully optimized adjustment, yup, pointing at Puppetmaster - still has no real clear role on endgame activities. Heck, Summoner has not been adjusted much since 2004, close to 10 years now. It took them awhile to tweak Scholar, which suffered the same fate as Geomancer back when they introduced the job in 2007.

I would give them at least by end of September of this year to introduce a host of acceptable contents. You can safely pretend SoA does not exist now - and not really worth doing until 2-4 big updates at least. Usually it takes a good one year to be able to judge their expansion - yes it's unacceptable by today's standard. But we are talking FFXI team here, they operate in their own tiny little bubble of a world. Just pay for a few months when you deem it's worth playing, you really don't need to pay for a full year subscription. Unless you are doing everything else before SoA, in which case, there are boat loads of contents that may be worth your monthly subs.
    (0)

I'm not sure, but I think I read something about they were going for player input or something before they make the AF for GEO and RUN.
    (1)
    S to the M

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I'm looking forward to GEO updates and AF as well, but right now this isn't any different than when SCH came out. It took several months before AF was released. That first major update also had a ton of improvements, namely sublimation, addenda spells, faster-casting and longer-lasting storms, enfeebling skill added to light arts. All big things, but again they took months to come. I wish it were faster, but I don't expect it.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    Usually it takes them a good one year or so to fully tweak the new jobs. Some jobs even see SIX full years for fully optimized adjustment, yup, pointing at Puppetmaster - still has no real clear role on endgame activities. Heck, Summoner has not been adjusted much since 2004, close to 10 years now. It took them awhile to tweak Scholar, which suffered the same fate as Geomancer back when they introduced the job in 2007.

I would give them at least by end of September of this year to introduce a host of acceptable contents. You can safely pretend SoA does not exist now - and not really worth doing until 2-4 big updates at least. Usually it takes a good one year to be able to judge their expansion - yes it's unacceptable by today's standard. But we are talking FFXI team here, they operate in their own tiny little bubble of a world. Just pay for a few months when you deem it's worth playing, you really don't need to pay for a full year subscription. Unless you are doing everything else before SoA, in which case, there are boat loads of contents that may be worth your monthly subs.
    You can point the finger at the professional endgamers for PUP and SMN not finding much of a role in endgame events. Any job that doesn't parse 20% damage or give 50% Haste (exaggeration, folks...) to the "real" melee jobs are worthless to the professional endgamer.

I am curious about the job-specific armor being planned out. I can't imagine the AF1 armor quests will involve much exploration like the others (can't really do anything in Ulbuka at level 50-60 without having a new one ripped into you). The only thing I really can think of would involve the coalitions in a non-combative quest series. Relic Armor seems unlikely, as I've said before, because we're in a whole different region from where Dynamis takes place--unless, of course, S-E uses the back door of Wings to fit the new jobs into Dynamis lore. Empyrean is doable, but they'd have to violate their mind-boggling vow to have nothing more to do with Abyssea--the storyline can certainly be stretched to include RUN and GEO if, in fact, Ulbuka exists in that dimension.
    (4)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast