Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BLM and Cure

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    BLM and SMN are not healers. They do not have the magic skill for it. I would even go so far as to say without propper set up, RDM isn't either. That being said, I keep myself alive if I have to, but it's such a waste of MP I don't like doing it and won't for others in the PT. You want a healer, get a healer. Don't ask me to waste my MP.
    (0)
    The Original Blue Mage

Character
    Tarage
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    And the people agree with me. I'd say I'm shocked but really, I'm not. I've been doing this for years and I know how this game works.
    (0)

Character
    Quedari
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Honestly, I have all these mage jobs. I don't care how "inefficient" it is for me to cast cure as long as the group benefits. RDM is a perfectly acceptable backup healer in some instances, and even an ok main healer for a few things. When I'm on BLU if I need a cure and the WHM is busy curing the tank(s), I have no problem curing myself and helping cure my party members. I'm no use to my group if I'm dead or weak all the time because I was too uptight to cure myself. I never consider it a waste to keep myself alive however necessary
    (0)
    Quedari: WHM BLM RDM SMN SCH BLU BRD RUN GEO
    Mykaell: BLM RDM WAR DNC WHM THF SCH RUN

BLM/BRD says "cure please" ^^

And to any SMN who claims they shouldn't cast Cure, I say why do SMNs have access to the 50% cure cap then? 600 HP Cure IV is inefficient? And SMN have an ability already to stop their avatar from attacking a sleeping mob... it's called 'release'
    (0)

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    In most situations curing yourself is trouble. Enimty gain is ridicolous sometimes. Even in dire situations, you'd probably should opt for stun, sleep or bind and running away.
    (0)

Character
    Tarage
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    BLM/BRD says "cure please" ^^

And to any SMN who claims they shouldn't cast Cure, I say why do SMNs have access to the 50% cure cap then? 600 HP Cure IV is inefficient? And SMN have an ability already to stop their avatar from attacking a sleeping mob... it's called 'release'
    And then we lose the favor. It's not an instant on/off switch dude. If we have to release and then resummon, the benefit has to build from scratch, defeating the purpose.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    And then we lose the favor. It's not an instant on/off switch dude. If we have to release and then resummon, the benefit has to build from scratch, defeating the purpose.
    But sometimes it just has to be done.
    (1)

Character
    Tarage
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    But sometimes it just has to be done.
    But adding a simple 'stay' command, or at least make it so Avatars don't seek out sleeping mobs would fix this.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    But adding a simple 'stay' command, or at least make it so Avatars don't seek out sleeping mobs would fix this.
    It would, but I'm a realist.
    (0)

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    .......... I main blm, and I "expect" My whm's to Not cure me, They'd even get a nice little Butt Reaming if they did, for no absolutely neccessary reason. (that reason only being , if i'm obviously getting stomped on, and repeatedly getting my "stun, sleep (2), break, sleepga (2), and yes CURE (3,4) interuptted, ya feel me? can I get an Amen!?)

I'm of the opinion, that despite having ultimate cosmic powers, I am still a support cast, and my main function is to assist the "flow" of the fight... STUN>blm enfeebs>keep my party alive>Nukes ... generally until something retarded happens and then it goes to STUN>keep my party alive> Kill the mob as fast as I can > ... explain what happened

We've (KoP) won alot , lost a few, but always had fun doing it.. My shell made my taru every last bit of what he is

I like to think that my little taru is of the top 15% gear/abby atma wise, (ultimate/beyond/MM +2'd set, goetia accessories, ugly, sering, novio, +2'd staves ..etc..), I've sets for all sorts of situations , dmg , nuking, curing, all that.

I've fought some of the uglier things Vana'diel has to offer, granted most of my experiences, I've rolled with some of the Best kind of "coheasion" that you can think of as far as anticipating what one another is going to do almost before we would do it, I've also have had as most, my fair shair of the PUG's that everyone loves to read about.. and usually successful provided cool heads provail and all that... anyway.. my opinion is that ANY blm that plays blm should play it NOT expecting ANYONE to heal them...ever..

I'll be the black mage running around Kirin with a sliver of life completely at peace with it, even before manawall was available I played blm on the edge and intentionally would take hate if needed for the few extra seconds the pld needed to recover from that god aweful double attack that would come at the wrong time and put them down into the 30-80 hp range (of course trying to get to a position where it doesn't comprimise the parties configuration and what have you)... granted I'm also the black mage that is almost always 75% of the time reapplying my buffs SS Blink And Aquaveil(<<<<important!!!!). You check my black mage 95% of the time I'm wearing a Damage Reduction set, EXPECTING to get hit, (I know standing in jeuno waiting for that next crystal to fall out the sky right? )

So no, A Smn, Whm, Rdm, Blu, Brd, Cor, tries to cure me they get my -hp macro flung back at them, and a nice first tell that I don't expect them to cure me unless I'm dying, and a semi firm tell explaining i expect to get hit, and after that I'll flat out tell them NOT to cure me (pug mind you , anyone in the shell know's I'm a "death mage" ... (I've even considered adding another macro next to the hp down, to hit imediately after, /em takes <t>'s cure and throw's it down and crushes it into the floor =).

okokok too much coffee
    (0)
    In our wake will be smoke fire and burnt charred remains of those that have fell before us, We will not remember their names, as they are no more, the next challenge, the next horizon is what we strive for and Demand it be met with Ferocity, We Grin at the Possibility of death, Fear no Mob that walks Vana'diel or it's Realms, there is no tomorrow, there is only now, For pride, for honor, for Glory We are The Knights of Pegasus.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast