Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: A new race

Character
    Kafrein
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It doesn't really make sense to add another race. You could play a beastman I suppose, but it wouldn't work in any of the storylines really because you are assumed to be one of the 5 enlightened races.

The only thing they could do really is add male mithras or mixed race like Lilisette. I doubt they will do it really, this is not the sort of game where you make new characters frequently.
    (1)

Character
    Rentwokay
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 75
    You're able to play as dozens of additional races. It's called Monstrosity.
    (3)

Well it seems neither a race or face change are ever going to be considered, if technicality,
    money and time are going to keep being thrown in our faces every time we ask for it. I'll be honest I asked for it a looooooong time ago and didn't even get an answer, I only asked this time because some1 spread the rumor around that developers are "listening" to us, seems a lie though or they're just going to hop on to say "too late should have asked sooner" and prattle off the same b.s....technically can't be done, financially can't be done, timewise it can't be done. Bah.
    (0)

And what really didn't make sense to me is that a new race didn't come with the Adoulin expansion, new area fighting system and everything but not a new race, and don't start with the "it doesn't fit with the storyline because PLENTY of content in the game is kinda contradictory and I am sick of so many acting like they care about when at this stage in the game they really don't. Come on people.
    (0)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Blah View Post
    And what really didn't make sense to me is that a new race didn't come with the Adoulin expansion, new area fighting system and everything but not a new race, and don't start with the "it doesn't fit with the storyline because PLENTY of content in the game is kinda contradictory and I am sick of so many acting like they care about when at this stage in the game they really don't. Come on people.
    Did RotZ bring in a new race to play with? No
    Did CoP bring in a new race to play with? No
    Did ToAU bring in a new race to play with? No
    Did WotG bring in a new race to play with? No
    Did the add ons bring in a new race to play with? No
    Did Abyss- No.
    Did SoA bring in a new race to play with? No

The only things these expansions did was offer new areas, some had new jobs, and they pretty much all had something added, like ROTZ brought us the Sahagin, the Tonberry, the Antica, not sure which of the beastmen got added in CoP, Mamool Ja, Trolls, Lamia, Qiqurn got added in ToAU. WoTG only gave us reskinned versions of the original beastmen. SoA gave us the Velkk, but even then I don't really see enough of them and haven't played the story yet, so idk what impact they have.
    (2)

Each has added new Beastmen races, that's it. Zi Tonberries/Sahagin/Antican for Zilart, Promathia added Moblins, ToAU added Trolls/Galulja/Lamia/Qiqirn, WotG added Poroggo, and I guess you could say Abyssea added Caturae. Seekers has the Heartwings as far as I can tell.

That said, no new playable races. A new race would also break things like Promathia's race-specific attacks to trigger Terror status, and the Lights of Promyvion being tied to the 5 races.

The biggest thing though is making new DATs for every piece of equipment for every platform the game runs on. That's a huge amount of development time in assets. They already need to make about 8 DATs for every armor piece and more for head armor for every one of the 16 faces for each race/gender.
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    new races in FFXI are nearly impossible to do and would require a HUGE amount of work, they would need to recreate all DATs again for armor and weapons animations etc to fit the new race (each DAT has a different model for each race currently). Considering the amount of Armor Weapons etc. you prolly could do another expansion with that amount of work ¬.¬. The game is just too old to implement any new race feasable, just due to the fact how its structured.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blah View Post
    It is about time we saw a new race in this game. Just about every other game has done it (yes I know, copying others isn't always good but still) I can't believe SE isn't even considering it. It could have been done when they added the Whitegate expansion and even sneaked in when they added the areas in the past. I really don't understand why it wasn't done with the Adoulin expansion. Come on guys 11 years I am sure SOMEone can come up with say, a bunny race (already have a template for that) or a canine race. Or to be completely different a peacock or fox race. At least think about it
    I thought there are 5 races because it's related the lore. Unless they change the lore it's hard to add new race I think?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    system limitations and having to remodel/adjust the models for all gear in the game make this really unlikely, but I would love to see it. I could only really see them adding male mithra or the zilart though, since their body types are more or less identical to already existing races.
    (0)

And there it is, not likely because if all the work involved not good for the storyline blah blah whatever. I ask you this then: will this be their same excuse in FFXIV, or in the DragonQuest game or the EverQuest game they have out? "Sorry folks we stupidly didn't consider that fans might want a new race and didn't account for it all while making the game so SCREW YOU YOU WON'T GET ANY EVER" Everyone else makes room in their mmo games why not you SE?
    (0)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast