Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    BST shouldn't ever outparse a BLU, ever. That is the issue atm.
    (0)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bazookatooth View Post
    And your not going to even come close to out damaging anyone with that set, so your pretty much disproved your own theory.
    I would shit all over anybody who half-assed their DD set as much as I did this one.

Meanwhile, the BSTs who DO put effort into their sets are upset they can't solo VD merit battlefields after the Spur fix and nobody seems bothered by this logic.

EDIT: A little perspective.

It used to be that if a BST were going to DD, he would melee alongside his pet, and his damage would maybe be competitive with another DD that was not heavily benefiting from buffs that would not apply to the pet. We can quibble about this if you want, but bear with me.

Now, the pets' scaling is so great, and the pets themselves so powerful, that in many if not most situations it is more efficient for the BST himself to simply not melee and swap out his axes to provide more damage for his pet. Charmer's Merlin and some TP Bonus augments provide a greater benefit than the master's entire output in 119 gear.

This doesn't seem strange to you?
    (0)
    Last edited by scaevola; 07-15-2015 at 10:35 AM.
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    I would shit all over anybody who half-assed their DD set as much as I did this one.
    No, no you wouldn't. And even if you could, why should the game be balanced around people who purposely suck at their jobs?

Meanwhile, the BSTs who DO put effort into their sets are upset they can't solo VD merit battlefields after the Spur fix and nobody seems bothered by this logic.

And I don't recall anyone being upset about not being able to solo VD anything. Source? By the way, BST is supposed to be able to solo things. That's been the basis of the job since it's inception.
    (3)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    No, no you wouldn't. And even if you could, why should the game be balanced around people who purposely suck at their jobs?
    It should not. I should not be this powerful with such little effort.

And I don't recall anyone being upset about not being able to solo VD anything. Source?
    I don't feel like link-hunting right now but Sath soloed every AA on VD pre-nerf.

By the way, BST is supposed to be able to solo things. That's been the basis of the job since it's inception.
    So you should be able to solo things based on the core design of the job (no argument here) AND have damage competitive with top-tier DDs without giving anything up?
    (0)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo- View Post
    BST shouldn't ever outparse a BLU, ever. That is the issue atm.
    Seriously?! Did you really just write that?! lol
    You tickle me, sir.
    (6)

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Malthaaaaaaaaa, you hacked the servers to power up BST didnt you?
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Once again, we see what the true problem is.
    (3)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    It should not. I should not be this powerful with such little effort.
    You've already demonstrated that you can't do that with little effort and that you don't even know what it takes to get there. *Mumbles* MAB sets from NQ stones...

I don't feel like link-hunting right now but Sath soloed every AA on VD pre-nerf.
    Are you referring to that thread on BG where people are discussing how they solo those fights on everything from scholar to pup to red mage as well? Are you mad because one guy managed to beat them on a slightly higher setting bst? Because that doesn't sound like it affects the game. That sounds like it affects your ego. Do you want them to nerf sch and rdm and pup and nin and dnc too? Which job is allowed to be good? Just tell us so we all know what to play.

So you should be able to solo things based on the core design of the job (no argument here) AND have damage competitive with top-tier DDs without giving anything up?
    You are still basing your assumptions on how the job performs on fodder in escha. BST has always been the best job in the game at soloing easy stuff. Go try it against difficult and actual relevant content that can't be soloed by any job in the game. You'll quickly find that BST isn't the best DD, it's just relatively easier to keep alive (barring anything that uses doom, break, sleep, etc. that can't be removed or at least not reliably from a pet). And if just staying alive is the problem, you can thank SE for making it so that everything has insta-death AOE damage, rendering the tank meaningless and only one viable healer, that no one wants to play for group content.
    (4)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    You've already demonstrated that you can't do that with little effort and that you don't even know what it takes to get there. *Mumbles* MAB sets from NQ stones...
    NQ stones have the same potential results as +2 stones. +2 stones have a better chance at getting higher augments, but they probably do not have a 40 times better chance.

People spend 100 million gil on augments because they have more money than sense, as far as I can tell.
    (0)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    NQ stones have the same potential results as +2 stones. +2 stones have a better chance at getting higher augments, but they probably do not have a 40 times better chance.

People spend 100 million gil on augments because they have more money than sense, as far as I can tell.
    Okay, first of all, you have no idea whether they are 40 times as likely to get x augment and even if you did, that's not even close to the most important augment. And second, what part of "you're not going to even come close to out damaging anyone with that set" did you not understand?
    (3)
    Last edited by bazookatooth; 07-16-2015 at 04:26 AM.

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast