Character
    Wonderbot
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Installed test server client and updated. Crashes after I click Play on Test Server.

I downloaded the installer, the data, and I followed the instructions on the readme.txt

Video: Radeon HD 6800

When I launch the test server POL it gets to the screen where normally you'd see the shortcut load on the left hand side. In its place is a red square, when you mouseover it text below displays "Array error".

To proceed I have to wait for it to fully load, and click on Final Fantasy XI. Then as soon as I click play on test server and the window goes away... I get a message that the program must be closed.
    (1)
    Last edited by Wonderbot; 01-29-2012 at 12:57 AM.

Character
    Kernza
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Hi,
    I'm actually having that same problem. I tried to uninstall and re-install. At t his moment I'm downloading the update again after uninstalling. The install guide said something about an image file but I could not find it.
    (0)

Support Rep
    Wonderbot,

We apologize for the problems you are experiencing with the FINAL FANTASY XI Test Server process. However we have created a forum dedicated to the FINAL FANTASY XI Test Servers. We have gone ahead and moved this thread to that forum so that you can receive additional support from the community.

For future reference, please direct all posts related to the FINAL FANTASY XI Test Server to the forums located at:
    TEST SERVER Forums
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Teegrins!

Wonderbot,

It has been like that from the beginning, and I think it has been posted about here before, too.
    I'm assuming it's 'normal', sort of.
    I mean obviously it is an error, but I don't know how they would not already know of it, yet it has not been fixed still, or just disabled completely.

I could venture on a few guesses on why and how it is happening, and why it would be just easier to 'WONTFIX' it, but for the time being I'm uncertain.

That is to say, I can confirm it does happen still, and to me as well.

kernza,

What exactly are you experiencing?
    Are you not able to get into the game at all?

Try not to use the 'shortcut', but wait for a while for the options to fully load and then click on FINAL FANTASY XI.

If it's not about this, I would recommend that you create your own topic, dedicated for your issue.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Anathiel
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    I'm having the same issue...any fix?
    (0)
    Haiku's are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Hm, seems I was more tired than I thought as I somehow missed the very last part, where the program closes when clicking Play on Test Server.

I can only assume that there is something wrong with the installation.
    Following each and every step in the readme file is very important, and equally important is to do things in the correct order.

Also make sure that you download the files for the correct region as the files intended for the NA region will not function with the EU region. It is very easy to get the wrong files, I did it myself but I happened to notice that before even completing the download(s) completely.

Quote Originally Posted by kernza View Post
    The install guide said something about an image file but I could not find it.
    The image file refers to the "ffxi" folder compressed into the "FFXITC.zip", "FFXITC2.zip", and ""FXITC3.zip".

Quote Originally Posted by readme_EN.txt
    *Be sure to copy the image file before installing any version updates.
    Again, the order you do these things is very important, and this can make or break the installation if you update the files before copying the downloaded files.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.