Character
    Mojaoja
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90

New Features For BLM (if only)

SO FAR SO GOOD!

I'm loving everything that BLM has so far, and a majority of the time, yes! we are considered over powered

But... what I'd like to see is a new Job Ability Similar to Manawall with the reverse effects~

Something similar to a conversion of HP to MP, it may be to much to ask for, but I find that when out of MP your literally stuck, waiting for your HP to whittle down or for the Igqira Curse so you can (Run Away!)

Those few seconds it all it take's for a Sleep spell or Stun to take off, giving us more survivability if we happen not to be subbing RDM.

So!! If anyone from SE is reading this how about~

----------------

Engorge

Lv.95, Absorbs a percentage of physical damage taken and converts into MP, amount absorbed dependent on (INT/MND)

----------------

And thats it! Not to much to ask for and would be nice in the next coming updates~ We have enmity covered, we also have Stoneskin covered

Just an idea.
    (1)
    Last edited by Mojaoja; 04-07-2011 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Law Student, Reading Endorsments~ Engorge is what I wanted :)

Character
    Coephoros
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Bind only costs 8 MP. If you were silly and let your MP get to zero while something ugly was coming after you, just put on your cloak, kite for 24 seconds, and apply.
    (1)

Character
    Mojaoja
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    But Im sure you wouldn't mind having over 250 MP when you take the risk of a resisted nuke?

Again another situational Job Ability because not everything is Sleepable or Bindable
    (0)

Character
    Coephoros
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I would argue that you shouldn't be in a low-MP situation against a mob that could not be bound, slept, or gravitied. But regardless, there's so many tools to keep you upright, it's obscene. Not to mention /RDM and Refresh/Convert for those scenarios where you're just downright MP starved, or /SCH and Sublimation if you don't have Refresh for whatever reason.
    (0)

Character
    Fiarlia
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Black Mage is currently one of the most resilient jobs in the game, I see little to no reason to add more to its survivability. >_>
    (0)

~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    While out-side Abyssea content could focus on New End-game Events and new Armors/Weapons/upgrades/Etc, Back to the good old days of Dragging along 17 other people who want to lot the same stuff as you, and spending 2 years on the same event simply because the one guy hasn't gotten the 0.005% Drop of that 1 NM. you know, Challenge!

still waiting for my "auto-Magic burst" button, where I just Macro /ma "Magic Burst" <bt> and it fills in the spell, other than that blm rocks! Oh, and on behalf of the DD of Vana'diel I relay "what's a skillchain?"
    (0)

Character
    Joyroth
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I think it would be cool to see a Job ability that acted like Sneak Attack but for magic attacks.
    Perhaps this ability would only take its full effect under a Magic Burst and only do a fraction of the damage by its self.
    (0)

Character
    Kuwabaraone
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Technically there's an Ear Piece that covers that for BLM (Ethereal Earring: Converts 3% of damage taken to MP) but this would be a good ability to have as a backup. ^^

KB1
    (0)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    As fun as that all sounds... I've been playing BLM sense NA release, and I had three major gripes 1 was no real dmg mitigation unless you had /nin /whm /rdm, and two massive hate generation. Now both of those were satisfied as of late with new JAs. But what I really am upset about is not having black magic spells like Dread Spikes, and Drain II, and what about casting time? If I have a Elemental Magic skill of 401* ( with gear and merits) then I would hope that elemental magic would cast faster... Because lets face it waiting 20-30 seconds for that Flood or Quake to cast on a Abyssea mob hoping that it doesn't ready a move at the last second is really annoying. SO! what I would like to see from SE is either a latent fast cast like ability for ONLY elemental magic, or a JA that gives us 5 min of reduces casting time.
    (2)

Character
    Xpeacekeeper
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    The only thing I see wrong with BLM at this point in time and at 99 should spells progress as they usually do:

Capped BLM gear: [also includes MAB traits] (to my knowledge)
    Without Sorc ring: MAB +92 INT +47
    With Sorc ring: MAB +102 INT +40
    BLM Gear

Capped SCH gear: (again to my knowledge including /rdm or /blm MAB trait, and Ebullience)
    MAB +100 INT +50
    SCH Gear

My only point here, and I'm sure it's been mentioned is that SCH is a hybrid class, BLM is a specialty class. SCH should be "acceptable" in all schools of magic sure, but never "superior" to the specialty classes. SCH already has high damage DOT spells on top of being able to, with ebullience, outnuke BLMs nuke for nuke. Granted that's only when they have charges for stratagems available, but even then, it should never occur. Putting a SCH up to the level of a BLM with JA is fine, making it superior is not. I'd like to see SE do something in regards to this, possibly additional MAB traits for BLMs above level 50. While BLMs do have the potency merits that's not an acceptable solution to reference, as it's only 2 elements. Giving BLMs higher tier spells or additional spells SCH doesn't get, certainly nice, but still doesn't fix the issue.

tl;dr

An equal geared SCH should never out nuke a BLM on the exact same nuke regardless of job ability used.
    (4)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast