Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone tested the new SMN merits?

Haven't heard anything about it, but it sounds like it should be on test server.

I'm interested in hearing if they are as useless as expected, or if someone noticed it was very good.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    does what it says on the tin basically, 5/5 is a 25% summoning magic cast time reduction. Doesn't effect recast so yeah pretty useless. spirits being free with very little gear is nice, really how they should have been from day one. that's all that's changed, new spells haven't been added to spirits yet. and none of the changes so far have been a turning point in summoner history. so nothing really special to report.
    (3)

Good to know it is the same disappointment that they've been delivering constantly for SMN.

Sad they didn't listen to a single suggestion they asked for regarding these changes. But I haven't had any expectations from SE since 2006.
    (0)

Miracles do happen!

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    maybe if we all pray really really hard, the tier V spells will be added along with a part 2 of the SMN update that will include all new spirit AI overhauls, new smn abilities, major fixes to avatars and the addition of cait sith and atomos! (i mean pray really really REALLY hard)
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    What were you expecting from it? The description was pretty clear. You want the merits to make avatars sing and dance?
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Hmm.. would be a good idea for spirits to only case their highest tier spells and to start without the damn spell timer at max. Make the light one into a mini-WHM and the rest into their respective BLM counterparts.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    What were you expecting from it? The description was pretty clear. You want the merits to make avatars sing and dance?
    I think I wanted them to make my spirits think and cast. Singing and dancing could be what they give PUP as merits.
    (0)

Miracles do happen!

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    there are a million and one things we want our merits to do, elemental siphon recast, elemental siphon effect, spirit spell recast. a gimpy fast cast on summoning our pet is not one of them... it's utterly useless to be able to summon them faster, anything that kills them quick enough for us not to get enough distance between us and the mob we probably shouldn't be kiting anyway. making them dance would at least give people some chuckles....
    (0)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Hmm.. would be a good idea for spirits to only case their highest tier spells and to start without the damn spell timer at max. Make the light one into a mini-WHM and the rest into their respective BLM counterparts.
    nah i use my spirits to proc in abyssea with T4 and AM, if they only cast highest tier spells that would be only T5 and wouldn't work for dark spirit at all, it would only cast sleepga 2, i'd rather them choose more than just highest tier spells and just remove burn and choke and that junk, maybe replace them with helixes. starting without the timer after assault would be nice though.
    (0)

Only sleepga II sounds like 1 000 more times as useful as normal.
    (0)

Miracles do happen!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast