Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Iakothm View Post
    Sorry it is 2-1 i meant that is where i ran into the 83 monster. But none the less you cannot go through that mission without passing by aggressive monsters.
    Are you sure they're aggressive?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...totoRuins2.png

I haven't looked at the entire path to the Mahogany door lately, but I do know that, while entering this map from A takes you into ZOMG goblins and skeletons, entering from B takes you past non-aggressive beetles and giant bats. I assume that the next fork also has a "right way" and a "wrong way."
    (0)

Not everything needs an easy button.

There are things you can farm to buy the required meds to navigate around the aggressive monsters. If that is too much of a time sink for you, then this game may not be the best choice; it's one big time sink all the way.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulrogg View Post
    There are things you can farm to buy the required meds to navigate around the aggressive monsters.
    If this were Bastok, home of the Alchemy Guild, that might mean something.

But regardless, when it comes to rank missions, the standard shouldn't be "Do you have alchemy skilled?" but rather "can you fight your way through any aggressive monsters at the level needed to equip the CP rewards?" Since rank 2 CP items are generally aimed at level 20, a light-to-full party of 20's should be able to do it without having to spend gil on consumables and/or skill a craft.
    (4)
    Last edited by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo; 05-11-2012 at 06:17 AM. Reason: added a qualifier

You mean you can't buy meds from other starting cities? Should be easier now with linked Auction Houses. Or perhaps I am misunderstanding your reason for quoting.
    (2)
    that's what

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    You mean you can't buy meds from other starting cities? Should be easier now with linked Auction Houses. Or perhaps I am misunderstanding your reason for quoting.

Can do it by financially supporting a complete, high-level/skill stranger a continent away from the nation in question? Yes. Should be required to, especially when there's absolutely no connection to the lore? No.

If a Windurst mission is going to require consumables (and no mission should), it should be food, not medicines.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo; 05-11-2012 at 06:35 AM. Reason: typo

Player
    Not everything needs an easy button.
    What is this "easy button" nonsense? This is SE screwing up really basic level design, plain and simple.
    (12)

Oh my.

If one wants to navigate the lands of Vana'diel they either need to level up or acquire meds to traverse safely. What does lore have to do with that? There are monsters you are trying to evade, that should be enough motivation.
    (2)
    that's what

Character
    Lisotte
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Iakothm View Post
    to unlock Dragoon you need to have atleast started mission 2-3.

snip yadda yadda ya

What New person is gonna have the money / skill level for this? Also Explain to me how to handle true sight/sound monsters please when you can't stealth/sneak yourself past them and can't handle fighting them.
    Again, people said just level whm, rdm or sch (probably not sch, lol; that'd require sneak/invis in and of itself).
    All you have to do is reach lvl 25, get the scrolls for sneak/invis (don't know the exact price but should be fairly cheap; available on AH and from npcs), then you're set. You can reach lvl 25 in one average-lasting sitting, soloing 1-10 then 10-25 in gusgen.

As to handling truesight/sound mobs... same way you're gonna have to deal with them the rest of the game: avoid them. There's plenty of times in the game where you're going to need to know how to avoid truesight/sound mobs, it's a matter of patience avoiding them.

Oh, and here's the easy answer:
    1) Join a friendly linkshell
    2) Make friends with one of them that has sneak/invis
    3) ???
    4) Profit!!!
    (2)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisotte View Post
    Again, people said just level whm, rdm
    Jobs more associated with San d'Oria than Windurst.

or sch
    An expansion-pack job for a core-game mission.

All you have to do is reach lvl 25, get the scrolls for sneak/invis
    Five levels higher than the rank's CP gear.

10-25 in gusgen.
    Nowhere near Windurst.

Oh, and here's the easy answer:
    1) Join a friendly linkshell
    2) Make friends with one of them that has sneak/invis
    3) ???
    4) Profit!!!
    This is why we can't have nice things.

I'm serious. When all the playerbase cares about is getting past the "fluff" to endgame, the devs won't give us anything but endgame.
    (8)

Character
    Tigeriss
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You know this was mentioned in millions of other forums as well.
    The issue is getting your skills high enough to either A) use magic to get past or B) items. I agree with a lot of people on here that crafting is a good route to go or to level up a mage job to 25. (Aka whm gets sneak and invis at that level as well as reraise.)
    Yes new people don't have the funds to afford those 20k-35k items but they can go right outside and farm up items that will and have sold nicely on the auction house. Silk thread still sells great as well as beehive chips. Bird eggs are always a nice thing to sell as well. Before that new player knows it he/she can have 50k at the very least farmed up and sold. Another great suggestion that was suggested was joining linkshells that are new player friendly (very well recommended) or making friends with people who have mage jobs leveled. There is a million and one ideas on how to get past those high level mobs which I might add some are aggressive. (Gobs I noticed can be.)
    At the mahogany door there is a book very close so you can just use it to get out after the mission and on the way there just ask someone for a hand on getting the hidden door open for you. If they are already there I can't see that breaking their little backs to do; I know I've taken time aside to open it for some people passing through that didn't want to take circ off to open it.
    True sight/sound mobs I have not seen in the area for rank missions 1-3 at all. Maybe I have had the luck of them not being up, idk, but what I do know is that unless they really screwed up on monster placing there is no true sight/sound mobs in the area for windy rank missions 1-3.(I don't remember Bastok and Sandy ones to be honet.) Mainly the only places I have seen true sight/sound mobs that give issues is aby to be honest. All others are very simple to by-pass if you stand far enough back and take a look at what way they are moving. Hell I take it back most aby true sight/sound ones are even judge-able to by pass if timed right.

But Anyways your best bet is to level the jobs that have sneak/invis, get friends with those jobs leveled, or start farming for gil, OR join a ls that does not mind lending you a hand on missions. ^.^ Happy ranking.
    (3)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast