Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: /yell Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    The question mark is meant to imply that I don't know which windy zone would be best. I'm not from Windy and I don't know where important things like Abyssea warpers and OP warp NPCs are.

Edit: Ah, I see that Motenten already stated this. Thanks.
    My bad, sorry.

90% of the important NPC are in port windy, but theres no AH there (only in walls and woods). and vw warpers are in waters... so cant really choose just ONE zone...
    (1)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeville View Post
    Why are towns with only one zone suggested? /shout can suffice for those.
    They're talking about expanding the current yell channel, not making a new yell channel for every town.
    (0)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    All town areas, so that means:
    Bastok Markets
    Bastok Mines
    Port Bastok
    Windurst Waters
    Windurst Woods
    Windurst Walls
    Port Windurst
    North San d'Oria
    South San d'Oria
    Port San d'Oria
    Selbina
    Mhaura
    Kazham
    Rabao
    Norg
    Tavnazian Safehold
    Sealion's Den
    Whitegate
    Al Zahbi
    The Colosseum
    Nashmau
    Bastok Markets [S]
    Windurst Waters [S]
    South San d'Oria [S]
    Inside the Mog House

As for whether it'd be annoying, it's already possible to filter it so I don't see what the issue is.
    oh dear no... not inside the mog house! Thats where i run to escape all you crazy ppl!!!
    (2)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    crazy how you couldnt hear yells from the present in past towns but i can hear all my linkshell mates from any "timezone"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    A reworking of the seacom system would be nice, so that you can post a seacom for selling items, wanting to do missions, etc, that last there for either x number of days or until you take it off. Without a search system though, it'll be really easy for people to just flood the search system with garbage and make it annoying for everyone.
    --------------------
    Totally agree 100% with the reworked Seacom system. Made a thread about this a while ago: /SEACOMSHOUT (SUBJECT) Command: *All Server-Wide Shout

--------------------
    In the event that the Seacom system is STILL a no go, then I also agree with the "Yell feature in all towns and cities", with the addition of a new item that players could carry along with them that would allow players the chance to listen to such messages on the go while not inside towns/cities.
    Since the introduction of the new technological direction of the Orchestrion:
    The introduction of a new type of personal radio-like receiver (along the same technology as the Orchestrion) that we could stash in one of our numerous travel bags that would allow us to still hear the city/town yells should we want to. Like any other chat log feature, the ability to turn off the signal would be included.
    Players would have to complete a standard quest to obtain the personal receiver, and would be a rare/ex item.
    (7)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfury View Post
    Players would have to complete a standard quest to obtain the personal receiver, and would be a rare/ex item.
    Could be a key item like the Ballista Earring.
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Could be a key item like the Ballista Earring.
    --------------
    I thought about that also, but I was worried that players might not be able to toggle the receiver on/off if it was a key item. I was thinking of a similar item that we players can toggle on or off, and the only thing I could think of was the new "hide helmet" feature which is a tangible item that we have in our physical inventory. If we could still have that functionality with a key item though, I would take it for sure.
    (0)

It would be nice if there in addition to a chat channel that worked across several cities, was also a chat channel that was for each individual multi-zone city (or just make it for each region).

Sometimes you want to organize an event, and then you might want to send your messages to everyone in cities everywhere, but sometimes you might already be out in the field, and have an issue that is pretty specific to the area you are in, and this is where it would be nice to send a message to everyone in the same region as you.
    (1)

I saw this thread and I really wanted to respond to this but was training elsewhere so I couldn't log on. I love the idea of the receiver and was actually going to suggest something similar to it but was going to call it a World Pearl.

Once you go to Adoulin there could be a npc that you could either buy it from (for I'd say 50,000G, he/she'll make it sound extravagant) or do a quest for. Upon receiving it you will gain the ability to hear yells from Adoulin anywhere you go. It would be a key item and you can turn it on or off in the config menu or chat filters.

After receiving the World Pearl you can go to any town and receive power from a NPC that will grant your World Pearl the ability to hear that yell from that city or town.

San d'Oria
    Windurst
    Bastok
    Jeuno
    Aht Urghan
    Rabao
    Selbina
    Norg
    Mhaura
    Nashmau

Each town or city's yell can be turned on and off under the config menu or chat filter. This will in turn not only make it where you can hang out in your favorite towns again but for new players it won't ruin new areas they never heard of. I was thinking as well you can add past cities if you do a quest in the past that gives the World Pearl the ability to ignore time or dimensions. Until you do that quest the World Pearl would be unusable in Abyssea, Dynamis, Walk of Echos, Provenance or the past. Once done you can hear yells from past cities and listen to yell in other dimensions.
    (0)

Howdy!

Thanks for all the feedback on which areas you would like to see the /yell feature added to.

With the release of Seekers of Adoulin, we will first be adding /yell to the below areas:
    • Town areas that are added in Seekers of Adoulin
    • Aht Urhgan Whitegate
    • Chocobo Circuit

After monitoring how the above expansion of the feature goes, we will be looking into adding it to San d’Oria, Bastok, Windurst, and other outlying towns.

Also, the development team is currently working on and testing expanding the range in which party invites can be sent. This will take a little bit more time to finalize, but we plan on implementing this after we expand the /yell feature.
    (27)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Zubis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Extending party invites in combination with a Nexus Cape would be awesome! Imagine how cool it would be to send someone an invite from 5 zones away and have them teleport immediately to you with a cape.
    (5)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast