Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    It's no more "dickwad" than people that call on their linkshell if they want something and someone else is camping it, or people that claim NM's when a previous person/party dies/looses claim... Deal with it.
    I've dealt with it a long time ago, doesn't mean I have to start liking them now. Instead of raging at them I get all giddy when their job gets nerfed. No harm in that, just a little schadenfreude.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Clairefeld
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    People like to bitch up about something its just in our nature to complain to make themselves feel better about something. Anyways to the point i dislike the BST job myself, i duoed my apoc with a friend and have plenty i do other events with like abyssea/nyzul/ein and so on. Saying that i am leveling BST myself cause bitch all you want it is still the best solo job, this game is really unbalanced and really needs sorting and giving bst no TH gear is actually a step in that direction since bst can solo stuff thf can't it would be pointless for them to have any TH as it is so be happy with TH 1. Worried about TH then bring a thf friend to just poke it for you since this is suppose to be a social game anyways.
    (1)

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    I've dealt with it a long time ago, doesn't mean I have to start liking them now. Instead of raging at them I get all giddy when their job gets nerfed. No harm in that, just a little schadenfreude.
    That's basically what my first post in this thread was about. This is the first BST thread I've ever posted in, but apparently it's some sort of crime to point out that some BSTs are assholes, and it makes me some sort of mega-troll.
    (0)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    That's basically what my first post in this thread was about. This is the first BST thread I've ever posted in, but apparently it's some sort of crime to point out that some players are assholes, and it makes me some sort of mega-troll.
    FTFY

I've had my asshole moments and they aren't exclusive to me being on BST and I don't run to change to BST when I'm in an asshole mood.

Seriously just because they were on BST means nothing or are you saying if said person(s) entered on BLU for example you would have been perfectly okay with it and waited for them to exit?
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    SE makes changes to jobs here and there, people are happy and/or sad, but nothing actually changes until they introduce something huge like perfect defense or embrava, and then people slightly tweak their setups to accommodate these changes.

So while BST has improved a lot in the past few years, nothing has really changed. People still don't want you in their groups, and as a result you take it out on innocent people.

But that's beside the point. SE has made their decision. BST isn't getting pet TH gear. Boo hoo. The job is fine as it is. I don't really see why this thread has gone on for so long.
    lol, still a very poor attempt.

What you meant was BST are forced to solo as people like you don't allow them into parties, then bitch and moan when said BST's who were forced to do so in the first place are in a zone that was empty doing something that requires you to go with multiple people.

You're also deluded if you think the main issue is that no gear is added and not the fact SE lied to get the result they wanted. There would be FAR less complaints from people (a few who don't even have BST up) if they learned how to correctly type a sentence without implying something they had no intention of doing simply to rig the results.
    (3)

The reason I singled out BST players is because the job has always made it easier for them to act like assholes in comparison to lots of other jobs (MPK says hello), and they've always taken advantage of that fact to mess with other people's fun, purposefully or not.

We're talking in circles here, come on guys.
    And because people have historically not needed to assume they might one day need to rely on a BST they are quick to be assholes to them. I had a SAM who was in Ifrit's cauldron only to farm hakutaku items follow me around while I was duoing Tunnok with my wife at 70, an NM literally no one cares about unless you want the BST axe it drops. And trust me, no one cared about that NM, it took 4 days of attempts to finally get it to 1% and we never saw anyone there who looked remotely interested in it until that one day.

So imagine what it was like when we finally get it to 1% and go for our last pet swaps with red HP after an epic 40 minute fight to see this SAM come up, take a picture of it and WS it to death right in front of us the second it went yellow during our last pet swap. His only response was lolBST GTFO.

See? Anyone can be a dick. You claim to constantly run into dickhead BSTs. Well, back in the day I constantly ran into dickhead EVERYONE ELSE. Once again, you're placing the blame on the job, not the asshole himself. I don't go around assuming all SAMs are dickheads because that event, I go around assuming THAT GUY is an asshole.

Not to mention your limbus example is moronic, its a timed event anyone can enter, who cares if it was a group of BSTs? What makes you think your party had any more right to the zone than anyone else anyway, regardless of their jobs? Grow up.
    (4)

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    You came in here to attack BSTs because you feel that BSTs are assholes when in reality it's the players that are assholes and they just happened to be on BST when they were an asshole to you.
    Some players are bad. A lot of rude people have joined the BST bandwagon because it gives them a certain advantage that allows them to do things that people would consider inconsiderate.

I feel a little happy when BST gets nerfed because I know it affects the people who play the job selfishly. Unfortunately that means some nice players get hit. It's not my wish for BST to get nerfed, but I'm not going to feel bad about it either.

Good BSTs are still good. They're still nice. I still like them.

I still don't understand how it's a crime to point out that in my experience (and others' experiences), BST has a larger proportion of players who are jerks. Yes, everyone can be a dick, but BSTs are an easy target due to their reputation.
    (0)
    Last edited by Eric; 08-04-2012 at 02:39 AM.

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Because you're basing your "BST has a larger proportion of players who are jerks" on anecdotal stories, I only once got Sobek stolen by a BST when crap hit the fan while I was working on Almace and Kannagi with a trio group, that BST took claim, put their flag up, and accepted our invite. They even helped by holding it until we recovered from Weakness and once we killed it didn't ask for anything and didn't lot anything until we offered any and all +2 items which they took 1.

Also with the exception of 1 BST every BST I've come across in Dynamis has respected me by leaving "my" (note I know they are not really mine) aggroed mobs alone when I had multiple on me.

By my anecdotal stories BST are truly kind and selfless players who are willing to help out when they have a chance. The reality is my friend and I got lucky and we've met nice players who happened to be on BST.

Your logic is just as flawed as people saying Abyssea created level capped gimps that didn't exist at 75.
    (3)

Some players are bad. A lot of rude people have joined the BST bandwagon because because it gives them a certain advantage that allows them to do things that people would consider inconsiderate.
    Just reread that please. As I brought up earlier in this thread, those recent bandwagon BSTs you find so frustrating are in reality, not BSTs, they play some other job when they are not in dynamis. You know, the same ones who exclude BSTs from parties so they can get 3 more kills an hour, the same ones who don't invite BSTs to events and thought they were useless (and they were wrong the entire time), the same ones who ironically led me to BST to begin with because it was nearly impossible to find a party when I was a lvl 60 THF and it was "this specific party setup or GTFO lolDRG lolBST lolTHF etc". Those pricks are pricks because they are pricks, not because they magically turned into pricks when they found a use for the BST job.

Here's another back in time moment, this is one of the many many many times my wife (BLM) and I (THF) found ourselves bored to tears in jeuno waiting for a party shortly before we said screw it and went to unlock BST and never looked back. And despite our duoing for XP, we still managed to help our friends with missions, events etc. We didn't turn to BST to be anti-social, we turned to BST to feel like we had more control over our own progress, and as it turned out, we had a hell of a lot more fun that way ^^ I've done literally nothing in a typical party/ally setup that was more fun then the top 20+ memories of being a BST.

http://youtu.be/6arzbx_noXk
    (2)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Everyone has the right to be a dickwad. Very well put. And BST seem take advantage of that right.
    When you say "BST take advantage of that right," who exactly do you mean? All BSTs? You're plenty smart enough to know that's not the case. A BST? Some BSTs? Well, so what? There's jerks in every group of people. I've known some dickwad PLDs who were incredibly self-important because they felt the world revolved around them. I've known some who were the nicest, most humble people you'd ever meet. I guess I should throw all the PLDs under the bus since some were not nice people. Come on, I expect better out of some of you than this.
    (0)

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast