Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Hi, Camate!

I understand what you're saying, unfortunately I think the Devs are working under an imperfect understanding of how Walk of Echoes lotting used to function in practice.

The Devs are assuming, when they make their conclusions about the supply of Coins, that all players entering Walk of Echoes are free lotting all of the coins. In practice, this is not the case. Pre-Update, many players would lot on only one type of coin and pass alternate coin drops onto others. Rather than a free for all, an organized system of passing/lotting resulted in increased rewards for everyone present.

On an individual level, a player is more likely to end up with coins and items they do not need now than they would have previously, and less likely to obtain the items that they are pursuing.

While I understand the gap that must exist between the intended function of the system and the actual utilization by players in practice can often inhibit the Dev's understanding of our grievances, I hope that this will help to clear things up a bit.
    I think an easy way to remedy this issue is to allow coins to be traded in for a different type, similar to the system of getting kindred seals from beastman seals. This way you can have a one to one ratio trade on different types of coins and the general populous isn't affecting the value of the items in a potentially dangerous way.
    (2)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Now I could be completely wrong and woe chest could be just as random as bcnm chest everytime. If that is the case then screw woe LOL.
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by svengalis View Post
    Okay I will try to explain this so that you understand. Coin drop rates were INCREASED. The coins are divided amungst the players in the current flux. Lets say there is a 20 coin maximum drop per run no matter how many players enter the room. Lets say 36 people enter and the coins are divided evenly, this means 16 people wont get a coin. Now lets do the same scenario with 5 people. This now means everyone gets multiple coins. Understand it now?

This basically means that low manning fluxes 1-5 is more efficient then doing fluxes 8+ with 36 people.
    actually how it works now is: a chest pops with a random number of items for each person.

The number of items in the chests is random and has nothing to do with the number of people.

no matter how many people enter, you still get the same crap in your chest.

the problem is that now you can't pass crap you don't need and lot on stuff you do need from other peoples pools.

you only have access to your drops.
    (1)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    It's supposed to take you a long time to finish.
    That said, people keep touting it's "easier" to do a HQ empyrean. It's not easier, it's faster. There is a difference.

As it stands right now, you can walk into WoE solo, autoattack and/or randomly cure stuff, and have a chance at coins/dice for a gimpyrean.

It takes longer but it is easier to get a gimpyrean weapon. You could do it naked, and no one would fault you for it, because most people are too busy being doomed by Annhialative Adenia to care that you're naked and spamming cure II on everything that moves.
    (0)

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    n/a123451676
    (0)
    Last edited by Krashport; 09-25-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Hi, Camate!

I understand what you're saying, unfortunately I think the Devs are working under an imperfect understanding of how Walk of Echoes lotting used to function in practice.

The Devs are assuming, when they make their conclusions about the supply of Coins, that all players entering Walk of Echoes are free lotting all of the coins. In practice, this is not the case. Pre-Update, many players would lot on only one type of coin and pass alternate coin drops onto others. Rather than a free for all, an organized system of passing/lotting resulted in increased rewards for everyone present.

On an individual level, a player is more likely to end up with coins and items they do not need now than they would have previously, and less likely to obtain the items that they are pursuing.

While I understand the gap that must exist between the intended function of the system and the actual utilization by players in practice can often inhibit the Dev's understanding of our grievances, I hope that this will help to clear things up a bit.
    This post eloquently sums up what I was going to post with much less civility.

The dev team think personal coffers = everyone getting drops = more drops into the system.
    What they dont take into account is I have no need for these Coins of Ruin and Coins of Glory that I keep getting from WoE and will either toss them immidiately, or just not collect them from the chest.

To be honest, if the dev team thinks that everyone will try to lot every coin in the old system, and thus everyone is happy with getting any random coin in there personal coffer in the new system, then that just shows how out of touch they are with the player base.
    (3)
    Last edited by noodles355; 09-23-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Character
    Barber
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    I received some feedback from the development team concerning coin drop rates. Since it has only been a couple of days since the version update was implemented and also considering that in there were adjustments to participation numbers as well as new chambers, we would like to make the appropriate decision while monitoring all these things on a wide-scale.

Also, it can be thought that the feeling of there not being a lot of coins is due to the effects of changing the reward distribution method from casting lots to individual treasure chests.

In the case of lotting rewards, the amount was based on the division between the number of participants, so there really isn’t any guarantee that you could obtain a reward even if there were a good amount of them, making it so the chance of you obtaining something would decrease with a higher amount of players participating.

On the other hand, individual treasure chests give one player’s worth of rewards, so it’s possible that the volume feels a bit poor. However, you are guaranteed to obtain these rewards and it is equivalent to the results after lotting. Since we have prepared this on an individual scale, in actuality the total number of rewards have increased. On this basis, the system has been set up so the total amount of coins, as well as the amount gained by a single player, will increase.
    Those are my findings in the original post. Since then I have been tracking drops for both myself, my mule, and several others. Here are the current results:

101 total runs
    36 coins
    2 pouches

If coins drop in a uniform manner that means every 101 runs I would receive 7 of each coin. That means it would take 404 runs to complete a set of 30 coins. Since each WoE run has a built in game day wait that means at the current rate I am collecting coins under the new system it would take 404 real life hours to complete only this trial for a walk of echoes weapon. When compared to the amount of time it takes to make a superior empyrean weapon this does not give a reward relative to the amount of effort involved.

As an example, pre update I got 21 coins of birth in 29 runs.

Post update I have gotten 2 coins of birth in 14 runs.

The ONLY reasons people I know are doing walk of echoes at the moment is:

1) For an outside shot at an expensive magic scroll
    2) Because we all know eventually the new will wear off and instead of 36 people in each flux there will be 8 which will make zones incredibly hard to clear. So the feeling is if you don't get your coins now you never will.

404 hours for a bedlam +1 when it would take 40 hours to make an Armageddon. WoE rates need to be changed and changed tonight.
    (5)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    ^^ what he said
    (0)
    Last edited by xbobx; 09-23-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Character
    Hegel
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Also PLEASE change the area the Greater Amphiptere wanders in...
    (2)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Krashport View Post
    HQ Vs. NQ why do people like to compare, Everything has its own time sink.
    Why not compare them? If you don't look at the WoE version as a weaker but should be easier to get version why bother getting it at all?

Also how do you win WoE solo? Please don't say you saw a group but weren't with them so you're "solo"
    (2)

Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast