Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    The rewards weren't implemented yet, as far as I know, so people had no idea that anything past the middle-stages of the items would require super-human amounts of luck to obtain.
    Still, the system itself is crap and no one warned us about that @_@.

Surely there were people on test server who took one look at the 2-9 ??? and did some back-of-the-envelope math. Maybe no one gave a shit about it back then either.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezeak View Post
    Is there going to be an upgrade trail for the NQ - +3 added ?
    Okay so, assuming there is no way to upgrade them (incomplete information) then I suggest they should be upgradable in the following way, which would result in almost no work to implement even after considering balance issues and would make the lower tier stuff useful while higher tier stuff is still hard to get.
    • NQ gear & +1 gear = +2 gear
    • +1 gear & +2 gear = +3 gear
    • +2 gear & +3 gear = HQ gear

It might not even be the best idea, but it is braindead simple and would make it so the lower tier gear is still useful without having to resort to some upgrade item.
    (1)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    This is designed for people to generally shoot for 60. Regardless of the OP, quite a few of the +2 pieces have uses and are competitive with buyable or other R/Ex option. You would go for 80 if you got near 60 with extra time or overshot 60. You would get to 100 in incredibly unlikely cases.
    (6)

Problem is I'm afraid Byrth is right.

As i said in my last post, to paraphrase, Its an event designed to be a giant Cockblock, both in Reward, and In Time restrictions. It actually worse than old-school FFXI. They ripped out everything fun about Nyzul, or any event,(Progression? not in my FFXI), sprinkled on some of what made everyone hate ADL (Dumb-luck Progression), and a Tad of Voidwatch (Useless Shit consolation prizes (A.K.A Floor 20/40) - And turned out quite possibly the worst event ever to come out of FFXI.
    (12)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    They couldn't even at least reskin the old armor designs from Nyzul Isle 1.0...

They look... exactly the same. x.x
    (2)

Player
    Waste of $16 to renew for a month. I liked old NI so figured there was no possible way they could screw this up. Forgot that, with modern FFXI, to set my expectations abysmally low, then not be surprised when Square still disappoints.

Unless the hardcores actually find out there is something to this apparent Random Floor Generator, leaning towards cancelling. Again.
    (5)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Honestly, if you accept that the goal is 60 and they removed the entrance restrictions then it could be kind of a fun event.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Honestly, if you accept that the goal is 60 and they removed the entrance restrictions then it could be kind of a fun event.
    I agree in a way.

Problem is, Its still kinda dumb-lucked based, and a good majority of the +2 Armor is kinda trash. Its about as Rewarding as the Daily Goblin Reward system >_>

It'll be fun up until the point the new event smell wears off Me thinks anyway
    (2)

I'm pretty disappointed with this crap. How about an event with progression, where you actually work towards stuff.
    NO MORE DUMB LUCK BASED SYSTEMS PLEASE.
    (23)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    /shrug. As a Dancer with almost everything, I would use:
    Euxine Hat +2 : Nowhere, but CORs would like it probably
    Euxine Coat +2 : Nowhere, but Thieves might work it in.
    Euxine Hands +2 : Depends on the Fast Cast effect, but likely nowhere.
    Euxine Kecks +2 : Awesome Exenterator piece, almost enough to make me want to do NI alone. Good piece for TPing when Saber Dance is down, as well.
    Euxine Nails +2 : Good Exenterator piece. I would probably use it over Athos's boots but it doesn't appeal to me as much as the legs.

Thaumas Hat : Good Exenterator piece, but whether it is better than Toci's + Ocelo +1 would depend on the set bonus. Maybe good for Evisc as well, depending on the set bonus.
    Thaumas Coat : I don't know exactly how I would use it, but I can't shake the feeling this is my best delay-capped TP body.
    Thaumas Gloves : Best accuracy TP gloves. Possibly best WS gloves depending on set bonus
    Thaumas Kecks : Even hotter for Exenterator. Depending on set bonus, they may be superior to Tumbler's Trunks for other dagger WSs.
    Thaumas Nails : Miles ahead of other options for Exenterator, and likely the best feet for any dagger WS except Evisceration.

If the set bonus gives +1 for 2/5, +2 for 3/5, +3 for 4/5, and +4 for 5/5, Thaumas Gloves/Kecks/Nails/Hat would likely be permanent WS pieces. The body is debatable because dagger WSs already have such high fTP.
    (0)

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast