Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Nashred
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraku_Diabolos View Post
    I mean, I literally don't feel any sense of nostalgia when playing FFXI. I came back for a month, but the game just feels so clunky and old. It looks horrible on my gaming desktop. I just cannot get into this game like I did in the past. I do not tend to run to endgame on any of the games I play because I know that I will be bored with having to wait for new content to do. That's why I'm not bored in FFXIV. I feel bored with FFXI because there is no incentive anymore. I mean, the game would be a big help if it told you how to do things or where to go. When I first started FFXI, I spent so much time wandering Vana'diel that I literally DID NOT understand what to do with the game. There is no guidance or anything to give you clear objectives.

I agree FFXI does feel clunky after playing FFXIV.. Certain things FFXIV does very well, That is why I said a FFXI game on the FFXIV engine would be cool in another thread. Macro system is better even though it really aint used much. FFXIV is newer though and FFXI is a 15 years old game... It is nice too because you rarely need to open a wiki.. That is the one thing I have always said about FFXI.. I always wondered how anyone figured some of the quests out first with out the wiki.... What still makes FFXI is the content, there is still so many different things to do.. The job classes are still challenging and indepth. Community has always been great. I do feel nostalgia this is the first MMO that I liked and was part of my life for so long.
    (2)
    Last edited by Nashred; 12-25-2015 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nashred View Post
    I agree FFXI does feel clunky after playing FFXIV.. Certain things FFXIV does very well, That is why I said a FFXI game on the FFXIV engine would be cool in another thread. Macro system is better even though it really aint used much. FFXIV is newer though and FFXI is a 15 years old game... It is nice too because you rarely need to open a wiki.. That is the one thing I have always said about FFXI.. I always wondered how anyone figured some of the quests out first with out the wiki.... What still makes FFXI is the content, there is still so many different things to do.. The job classes are still challenging and indepth. Community has always been great. I do feel nostalgia this is the first MMO that I liked and was part of my life for so long.
    There were forums beforehand, and JP players collected a bunch of information. Also, in Japan, Square released an Ultimania guide or two for the game every year, which gave various details. There were plenty of bilingual people playing the game when it launched in Japan, and that allowed an English information base to be started easily..
    (2)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Anyway I am back
    Welcome back home to FFXI.
    (1)

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    There were forums beforehand, and JP players collected a bunch of information. Also, in Japan, Square released an Ultimania guide or two for the game every year, which gave various details. There were plenty of bilingual people playing the game when it launched in Japan, and that allowed an English information base to be started easily..
    actualy you do it the same way you would for any other ffxi talk to npc's and you will find it
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by SMD111 View Post
    actualy you do it the same way you would for any other ffxi talk to npc's and you will find it
    Except other FF games don't have tens of thousands of inventory items and invisible ??? points that you have to trade a specific item to while a specific quest is active. The in-game quest list and the NPC chat before Adoulin are often very vague on the item you need, the zone you need to go to, and/or where the interaction point is, much moreso than any other FF game. Most ??? points also say there is nothing to do there unless you already no what to do with them. Talking to NPCs is mostly useless to get the detail you need, and your inventory is much more constrained compared to the number of items you can get.
    (2)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by SMD111 View Post
    LOL and another LOL on top of it. You might be the only person that believes that talking to NPCs will help you figure out how to finish a quest in ffxi. The game is not setup like that, FFXIV is, but not FFXI. Without checking on some site or asking a LS member, chances are you will finish very few quests without outside information. Even easy, low-level quests require you to be psychic to know what to do next. That's just the nature of this game.
    (2)

Yesterday I was trying to compare gear lol and you cant. The whole interface is clunky.
    If they moved FFXI to FFXIV engine it would be sweet.
    Not certain about kb, ctrl/alt might work but on xnox controller, one of the bumpers compares gear.

Also moving a game to a different engine is a masssssssssssivvvvvve undertaking.
    (0)

Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Yesterday I was trying to compare gear lol and you cant.
    Actually you can compare an item in your inventory to the one currently equipped by holding Ctrl.
    It will show the stats of the 2 items at the same time that way.
    (they recently added that - theres a lot of things changed in the last several months about the ui, its worth spending time reading through all the previous update notes to see the improvements)

I actually love that I can play ffxi 100% with just touching the keyboard and dont need to use a mouse, its one of my favorite game UI systems in many ways (although not perfect)
    (2)
    Last edited by Sapphires; 02-04-2016 at 08:56 PM.
    Death Penalty / Terpsichore / Murgleis / Nagi / Kikoku / Armageddon / Twashtar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2