Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    ... so the group 2 merit adjustments came, and stormsurge got absolutely no adjustment. Do you guys think there's absolutely any chance SE will think of doing something like what Sotek said? I always ask BLMs and WHMs in my parties if they want any weather, and they mostly respond with "idc." The people who actually thank me for Hailstorm are grateful for the INT bonus, rather than the weather bonus. +3% effect per merit is nothing close to game-breaking.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    ... so the group 2 merit adjustments came, and stormsurge got absolutely no adjustment. Do you guys think there's absolutely any chance SE will think of doing something like what Sotek said? I always ask BLMs and WHMs in my parties if they want any weather, and they mostly respond with "idc." The people who actually thank me for Hailstorm are grateful for the INT bonus, rather than the weather bonus. +3% effect per merit is nothing close to game-breaking.
    A 25% Boost isn't game breaking when you consider this + every other bonus in gear..... right!!! Okay then.
    (1)

Player
    Game breaking is Cures doing 9999 damage.

Game changing is Embrava.

A natural progression to Storm spells is neither of these things, you're an idiot if you think magic damage getting a boost is ever going to be game breaking. Even if I'd said +15% per merit, SAM would still be out damaging SCH and BLM.
    (2)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    Game breaking is Cures doing 9999 damage.

Game changing is Embrava.

A natural progression to Storm spells is neither of these things, you're an idiot if you think magic damage getting a boost is ever going to be game breaking. Even if I'd said +15% per merit, SAM would still be out damaging SCH and BLM.
    Over-powering a job is game breaking, you're an idiot if you think otherwise.

A bug doesn't suddenly become the only way to break a game, don't delude yourself.
    (1)

Player
    Guess Embrava was game breaking then.

You're still deluding yourself if you think an extra 15% on Storm spells is overpowering in any sense, though.
    (2)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Guess Embrava was game breaking then.

You're still deluding yourself if you think an extra 15% on Storm spells is overpowering in any sense, though.
    Hence it's under a 2-hour, restriction placed. (ignoring a blatant game exploit)

PS. Wow if you think a spell that grants a straight 25% potency isn't overpowered.
    (1)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 05-24-2012 at 10:16 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Hence it's under a 2-hour, restriction placed. (ignoring a blatant game exploit)
    And yet Embrava is used for practically everything, near fulltime to boot. As far as restrictions go, they really couldn't have failed any harder.

PS. Wow if you think a spell that grants a straight 25% potency isn't overpowered.
    Because it isn't, and its certainly not a potency boost, it's a affinity boost. Learn the difference.
    In terms of restrictions, every spell not being the same element forcing the SCH to constantly reapply Storm spells is far better than that failure you cite as being Embravas (non-existent) restriction. Time spent casting Storm spells is time spent not nuking or healing, even if you only keep them up on yourself it is a pretty noticeable negative impact on the amount of nukes you do over time, in terms of DoT it isn't going to be a straight +25%.

But ignoring that, an extra 15% magic damage still isn't going to push BLM or SCH close to a real DDs damage. You're complaint is either; "Magic Damage should suck", which is countered by the fact they added +20% damage with Trials and you seemingly don't care about that, or "SCH shouldn't get buffs that gives +25% magic affinity", which is countered by:

PS. Wow if you think a spell that grants a straight 25%~41% ATK boost* isn't overpowered.

*or substitute any useful buff in the game.
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    And yet Embrava is used for practically everything, near fulltime to boot. As far as restrictions go, they really couldn't have failed any harder.
    For now, if they start using Legion style/original "non easy-mode" style in all their endgame unless it's 15 minutes, you have multiple SCH's or you use an exploit it can not be used fulltime.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Locking your 2 hour isnt an exploit.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ll=1#post34730
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    Locking your 2 hour isnt an exploit.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ll=1#post34730
    A truer reply: We have no idea how to fix it, or it can't be fixed so we'll pretend it's intended.
    (1)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast