Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Player
    Why would I go back and edit that? I never edit my post to change my words. Writers, bloggers, everyone spellchecks and corrects their writings.

Correcting errors is one thing, going back to edit their post after an argument with someone trying to prove another wrong is another.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    The inevitable question in every game. What happens when players reach the very end?

In my opinion 18 man alliance were created in the beginning so no one could solo or low man these events easily making it also hard to obtain rare items too fast.

We wouldn't want RMT obtaining Defending Ring and destroy the value of such a precious item would we? Take example HNM, HQ use to pop once a week.
    Again this is not about who is right or wrong.

Did you read the disclaimer? It's on the first page.

Disclaimer: Nothing is fact, just opinions on everyone's point of view. Please do not reply to others comments with debates because this is not meant to be a debate from player to player. Only an insight of how each person thinks of FFXI at its current state.

People will make assumptions when stating an opinion.

Just like how you assumed I'm stating facts and think ill go back and change my words.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-12-2013 at 09:23 AM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I personally think that making 18 man the fastest way to obtain good gear is part of the problem.

If you make 10 events that take 2 weeks to complete for an 18 man alliance group and you make it take ten times as long to solo / lowman the same content, then in 6 months all the 18 man groups are finished with everything in the game and screaming at the devs for new content because they are bored etc.

Then the devs make new content for the big shells again and put all the cool gear in it...

Meanwhile the other guys are years behind still. That's when the devs go "we are going to change the old stuff so that instead of taking 20 weeks to finish, it will only take 12 weeks"...

That's like pissing on a forest fire.

Wouldn't it make more sense to only give a slight bonus for big group stuff? I mean if the great shells were only banging things out say 10%-15% faster than everyone else, then the delays between content release would make it possible for the slackers to catch up for the most part.

They also need to be more aggressive with the nerfing of old content if they are going to make it a stepping stone to the next big thing. I mean, I was able to knock out full +2 sets for several jobs with my LS and even a copuple empies when abby was still popular. Going back and trying to build a set of +2s and durdablablah for my bard seems retardedly daunting now just duo boxing everything and I don't see any shells in abbysea anymore. Hell, I rarely see more than one exp alliance worth of players in there anymore.

If these bad ass shells are going to be the only ones beating stuff, it should be because they are the most organized, best players. Not just because they were around at a time when you could max your gear in a couple days instead of a couple months.

As it stands right now, there are huge gaps between the low man / late to the party people and the people who got the flyer.
    (5)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 07-12-2013 at 09:51 AM.

Player
    My mistake, I didn't realize that your statement of opinion as it applied to 18 man alliances and what there original purpose was should be carried over to a discussion about whether or not a specific group was RMT.

I will also try and remember that debating a point I disagree with in this thread is not allowed , oh wise and powerful moderator.

Oh wait.

And yes you have on multiple occasions gone back and added to your previous posts. It can be seen in every thread you post in and in nearly every post you make. I'm not talking about spelling and grammar corrections, I'm talking about full paragraphs added with points that were not originally brought up. You do it consistently.

Take some time before you hit "post". Re-read your post. Make sure you've said everything you wanted to say the first time. Adding points that were not present in your original post without the "Edit:" disclaimer is amateur hour and just makes you look bad.
    (3)

Player
    Adding on is one thing, changing my words to make you look bad is another.

I build my post on a very small cellphone screen. So if you know that I add stuff on to my posts as I go, then you would know that I don't change my words. Rather make a pointless 2-3 line reply, it's called saving forum space.

Seriously I don't have to repeat myself constantly.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-12-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Player
    Is this better?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaxx View Post
    Take some time before you hit "post". Re-read your post. Make sure you've said everything you wanted to say the first time. Adding points that were not present in your original post without the "Edit:" disclaimer is amateur hour and just makes you look bad.
    (0)

Player
    Sorry I'm at work right now don't have time to write every thought.
    (0)

Player
    So it's better to flood the forum with 1 liners.
    (0)

Player
    You should read up on how DJs don't have time to write an entire article. We only have a few seconds.
    (0)

Player
    I thought my way was better for everyone.
    (0)

Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast