Page 25 of 73 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
    Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Nah, you'd just be limited to rotations of SMNs for PD to simulate drinks and hoping that your buffed out the ass DDs are good enough to zerg down 1 NM every 2 hours before the PDs wear.
    (5)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Hmmm.

Heh, it basically seems not much if at all different from repeating those quests for Empyrean seals.
    Repeat and time-sinks being the keywords, with little to no reward most of the times.

I agree that good items need work to be attained, but mindlessly repeating things, grinding if you will, isn't exactly fun and for the time being, Abyssea actually seems most balanced of all in that regard (not saying I exactly ever really liked Abyssea, or still do).

Funny that. ^^;
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I seen VW for what it was when they released it, I refuse to bother with it. Way I see it if a side-grade is only going to be 1 to 5% better the event it comes from should only be 1-5% more annoying.
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmore View Post
    I seen VW for what it was when they released it, I refuse to bother with it. Way I see it if a side-grade is only going to be 1 to 5% better the event it comes from should only be 1-5% more annoying.

Well the fights are kinda cool and fun the first few times you do em. They get bland after a dozen or so though. I do them because I got really tired of killing birds / worms / ect.. mindlessly with Leach's for XP. I'm not stressing on the drops, if I get them great, else I'm selling stuff to NPC or AH for gil. For me it's just something to do in between my dyna runs with friends.
    (0)

The more I read Camates post the mroe I think Hordcore hacked his acc and posted it, MAXIMUM TROLLING!
    (3)

Player
    I imagine at this point only time will tell, if players really feel this way it will wither and die and the players will get the last laugh. Personally i'm on T5 jeuno and T1 zilart (stupid dragon) once i get all KI and completion (yay teleports) ill stop doing it until the new ones come out. I also have no intrest in helping catch people up being that its generally PuG content, if I can get climbs so can my ls mates.
    (0)

Character
    Cahlum
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Empy weapon trial numbers are 3000 riftcinder/dross so don't worry guys everyone will be doing Voidwatch for many many years to come. You'll eventually get your athos tabards!
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The dev response to this reminds me of the response the CEO of Netflix gave regarding their DVD rental pricing fiasco. The point has been missed entirely.
    (1)

Hey everyone!

Thank you for all of your feedback.

I would like to answer some of the questions that have been raised in response to the planned adjustments that I announced last week, as well as provide more detailed information on the battle adjustments that will be made.

Now, I am sure that some players are worried that this content will become more difficult to complete or that it will become more difficult to obtain loot, but I would like to assure you that none of the planned adjustments will be disadvantageous for the players.

Freezing issue in certain zones

A lot of players have been reporting freezing issues with Voidwatch in Fort Karugo-Narugo [S]. This issue is being addressed with the highest priority.

As a temporary fix, we plan on implementing a Voidwatch battle with the same content as Fort Karugo-Narugo [S] in a different area.

Battle adjustments

My opinion on Voidwatch is that it is content in which the player must proc weaknesses with the correct timing and use temporary items wisely.
    That is exactly what our idea for Voidwatch was at the time of first implementation.

However, recently the issue of only tanks being able to get near the target due to powerful AoE spells has shifted the balance. As a result, players have become more dependent on temporary items and more often than not, players continually proc weaknesses in order to use temporary items. We agree with the players saying that “it’s ridiculous that one hit from an AoE spell kills me,” and this is the issue that we are placing a high priority on resolving.

As a future adjustment, we’re considering lowering the damage that non-targeted characters receive from AoE spells. We will re-evaluate the overall balance once we reduce the damage from AoE spells, but if further adjustments are necessary, we may look into the effects of weaknesses.

※With regard to battle balance, I would like to note that we do not assume that every player has the best armor, such as Aegis and Ochain, or Relic/Mythic/Empyrean Weapons. It is definitely advantageous to have the best gear, but we are making adjustments so that even players without the best gear are able to creatively finish all content.

The separation of exploiting weakness and loot

A specific adjustment we have planned is to set blue and red alignment at their maximum values at the beginning of the battle.
    ※It would be possible to raise these values even more through ascent items.
    As a result, players will not have to worry about exploiting weakness in order to obtain better loot. Our aim is for players to only have to consider exploiting weakness as part of their battle strategy. Also, this adjustment will address the difficulty of smaller parties obtaining loot.
    (12)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hey everyone!

Thank you for all of your feedback.

I would like to answer some of the questions that have been raised in response to the planned adjustments that I announced last week, as well as provide more detailed information on the battle adjustments that will be made.

Now, I am sure that some players are worried that this content will become more difficult to complete or that it will become more difficult to obtain loot, but I would like to assure you that none of the planned adjustments will be disadvantageous for the players.

Freezing issue in certain zones

A lot of players have been reporting freezing issues with Voidwatch in Fort Karugo-Narugo [S]. This issue is being addressed with the highest priority.

As a temporary fix, we plan on implementing a Voidwatch battle with the same content as Fort Karugo-Narugo [S] in a different area.

Battle adjustments

That is exactly what our idea for Voidwatch was at the time of first implementation.

However, recently the issue of only tanks being able to get near the target due to powerful AoE spells has shifted the balance. As a result, players have become more dependent on temporary items and more often than not, players continually proc weaknesses in order to use temporary items. We agree with the players saying that “it’s ridiculous that one hit from an AoE spell kills me,” and this is the issue that we are placing a high priority on resolving.

As a future adjustment, we’re considering lowering the damage that non-targeted characters receive from AoE spells. We will re-evaluate the overall balance once we reduce the damage from AoE spells, but if further adjustments are necessary, we may look into the effects of weaknesses.

※With regard to battle balance, I would like to note that we do not assume that every player has the best armor, such as Aegis and Ochain, or Relic/Mythic/Empyrean Weapons. It is definitely advantageous to have the best gear, but we are making adjustments so that even players without the best gear are able to creatively finish all content.

The separation of exploiting weakness and loot

A specific adjustment we have planned is to set blue and red alignment at their maximum values at the beginning of the battle.
    ※It would be possible to raise these values even more through ascent items.
    As a result, players will not have to worry about exploiting weakness in order to obtain better loot. Our aim is for players to only have to consider exploiting weakness as part of their battle strategy. Also, this adjustment will address the difficulty of smaller parties obtaining loot.
    What about the BIGGEST issue that everyone has and that is the PURE RANDOMNESS of the drop of the ra/ex item? None of these really address that issue.

In fact the issues that you're addressing are for the most part, non-issues. Other than a few NMs in the latest chapter, most NMs are pretty easy to deal with. Proc'ing to cap Red (and Blue - ppl can agrue as to the real value for capping blue is just more logs/ore but that's also not as big as the main issue) isn't hard at all even for PUG. But the insanity of ppl at several hundred runs for the same NMs and not ever seeing the top tier ra/ex while seeing many new comers getting it on their 1st or 2nd or 3rd tries just completely takes any fun and joy in doing VW at all.

Please please please please please for the sanity of us, please make sure that the DEV team understands this pure random drop of these ra/ex item IS the biggest issue and is the most important issue that needs to be addressed. Not the ability to cap lights or clearing the fight or difficulting in clearing fight, etc.
    (23)

Page 25 of 73 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast