Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I approve of this message and agree that it would be a welcome addition and a good idea if it worked.
    (1)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Niklz
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    yes yes. good good. like like.
    (0)
    "Do you sell the Internet?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sagian View Post
    Something else just occurred to me... allow people to bid on items that are not on the AH.

Say someone wants to buy beetle leggings for 6k. They just place a bid for 6k on the AH. The first seller that comes along can just place the item for 6k and the person receives the item in their in-box and the seller gets the gil in their in-box.

Just figure out some way to indicate that there are pending bids on the AH.

I think the AH may come alive again with a system like this.
    I think you may be on to something there... Maybe having the item show as red (instead of yellow for equippable, green for equipped etc.) if it has a bid already against it. I agree that you'd have to show the buyers max bid on there somewhere too or you'd end up crafting +1 elemental staves for 5gil a pop!!
    (0)
    The days of the digital watch are numbered.

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    /poke poke DEV rep what ya think? XD
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

I checked in with the dev. team regarding adding the "Wanted" type of feature to the AH. They said that the idea is really interesting, but that they're sorry to report that due to the high cost associated with creating a system like that, it's just not feasible to implement.
    (4)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I checked in with the dev. team regarding adding the "Wanted" type of feature to the AH. They said that the idea is really interesting, but that they're sorry to report that due to the high cost associated with creating a system like that, it's just not feasible to implement.
    thanks for the replay.
    (0)
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    How about doing it via bazaars, then? I can see where problems might arise from doing it in the AH since everything would have to be auto-updated on the fly to avoid someone selling an item thinking they're getting one price but get hit with a 1 gil buyer. Doing it in people's individual bazaars would avoid that problem, and could use a command-line setup like this:

/bazpurchase "Beech Log" 2000 10

With the first number being what you're paying, and the second the number of items to purchase before canceling the buy order. Maybe limit it to a single type of wanted item(better than nothing), since I doubt coding a new interface to pick out tons of options would go over well with the dev team.
    (0)

Character
    Kikyuras
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 80
    High cost? You guys make it sound like there is only five developers and a monkey working on FFXI. I wish FFXIV didn't hog up all your resources
    (9)

Character
    Teakwood
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    Well, to be fair, they're completely different dev teams at this point for XIV and XI as I understand it; it's not quite so much XIV hogging resources as it is XI being a game already living years past its original intended lifetime due to popularity, and as a result, they have limited resources, which they're putting into the year or so worth of content and planned updates they have already told us about on the roadmap for 2011/2012.
    (1)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Teakwood View Post
    Well, to be fair, they're completely different dev teams at this point for XIV and XI as I understand it; it's not quite so much XIV hogging resources as it is XI being a game already living years past its original intended lifetime due to popularity, and as a result, they have limited resources, which they're putting into the year or so worth of content and planned updates they have already told us about on the roadmap for 2011/2012.
    if they did not have that pos game don't you think they could spend more on ffxi?

ffxiv is free and they are scrambling to make it a game let alone a good game.
    (2)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast