Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

Regen V

Impressions?

Personally I like it. But I'm afraid that I only like it because I expected the Regen line to work this way for SCH forever and was disappointed about how Regen III and Regen IV originally played out as being inconsistent. I'm finding it more useful in older content where I'm checking off miscellaneous things I never finished, rather than finding it very useful in new (and I use that term loosely, of course) content. The problem with this is I really never felt I needed a higher Regen for this stuff anyway.

I still think we need dispel resistance to SCH buffs, even if only under Perpetuance. I certainly don't think that Regen V is allowing me to fill a main healing role any closer to my WHM than before in new content. Again, I don't want to replace my WHM with my SCH, I just want to be passable here, if not ideal.

Also, I'm asking SE to consider a modification in line with the light and dark arts icon adjustments of years ago. I'm one of those crazy people that values visual and audio elements of video games over spreadsheets and parsers. I was annoyed to hear the constipated Penury sound effect at the end of this spell. Yuck.
    (2)

Character
    Niflheim
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I find that i can fill a healer roll in more small Aby nm groups now and that is very nice; even though, Being the only healing magic can still take a lot of focus, timing, and knowing when to Rapture or not but that all part of the job

Also I actually support the idea of dispel resistant buffs only if they were cast with Prep it sounds "balanced" enough to be something that the devs could actually consider doing
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesahade View Post
    I find that i can fill a healer roll in more small Aby nm groups now and that is very nice; even though, Being the only healing magic can still take a lot of focus, timing, and knowing when to Rapture or not but that all part of the job

Also I actually support the idea of dispel resistant buffs only if they were cast with Prep it sounds "balanced" enough to be something that the devs could actually consider doing
    You don't think SCH is getting enough, without now getting a way of resisting dispel? Even if a Resist Dispel was to come SCH wouldn't get it. It'd come in the Spells BarDispel-ra and BarDark-ra/light
    (2)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    The problem I've always had with Bardarkra and Bardispelra is that most often you'd need to be protecting against a different element, so dispel resistance would come at a cost of Barblizzara, for example. Those spells should still be WHM only though of course.

To me the idea of SCH dispel resistance only for pereptuanced buffs seems fair. If I'm dedicating a strategem to perpetuance then part of my main potency offering to the group is being dedicated to safe buffs, at the cost of more Rapture, Accession, etc. I'd be more likely to apply buffs on dispel-happy mobs rather than just resorting to the tired cure/na spam most battles have turned into.

Also, it seems odd to me that Regen V would be SE's only answer to constant requests for a light arts buff in the face of mobs that remove buffs so often that, again, our only option remaining is just to give up and throw out low level cures. Maybe the cure formula changes will fill the gap functionally, but I'll still be bored with the fact that we're still in the "big damage, big cures" fight mode.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton9999 View Post
    To me the idea of SCH dispel resistance only for pereptuanced buffs seems fair.
    Bardark/ra is something we need regardless of the issue at hand, and I doubt it would do much against dispel in many situations, aside from acting as a cheap spell that might get hit if the mob is friendly enough to only have single buff dispel. In fact, I think we pretty much have the functional equivalent of Bardispel/ra in the bar-status ailment spells, because they hardly protect against anything in many situations (and when WHM asked about this SE acted like we were talking about the barelement spells) and more importantly are a cheap spell that can sometimes soak the dispel rather then an expensive buff.

For Scholars, knowing SE, I'd imagine that you'd have about as much a change as someone using a ton of buffer spells to avoid a dispel if there was a dispel resistance to strat'd spells, or SE would make a stratagem for that purpose alone.

Personally, I'd rather if SE didn't pit us against mobs that spam dispels that sink multiple buffs at a time in AoE, but that might be a bit unrealistic a hope.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    You don't think SCH is getting enough, without now getting a way of resisting dispel? Even if a Resist Dispel was to come SCH wouldn't get it. It'd come in the Spells BarDispel-ra and BarDark-ra/light
    I fail to see how asking for a method to resist Dispel is asking for too much when one of the newer Stratagems is rendered absolutely worthless at the mere mention of Dispel.

We shouldn't be forced out of using Perpetuance if it will get Dispelled, we should have a counter to Dispel. Blink for Dispel isn't asking too much. Cast it, it causes Dispel to miss X times then wears off. On anything with a low Dispel rate it works as insurance for Perpetuance. On anything with a high Dispel rate is becomes something you'd struggle to keep up instead of everyone else struggling to keep their buffs up.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    I fail to see how asking for a method to resist Dispel is asking for too much when one of the newer Stratagems is rendered absolutely worthless at the mere mention of Dispel.

We shouldn't be forced out of using Perpetuance if it will get Dispelled, we should have a counter to Dispel. Blink for Dispel isn't asking too much. Cast it, it causes Dispel to miss X times then wears off. On anything with a low Dispel rate it works as insurance for Perpetuance. On anything with a high Dispel rate is becomes something you'd struggle to keep up instead of everyone else struggling to keep their buffs up.
    Everyone suffers the same effect with Dispel, As for an ability/stratagem being basically redundant, this isn't unique to SCH only, RDM suffers with Enfeebles being near resisted by everything and Saboteur. Ultimately what you're asking for is to give SCH something they have nothing of any other ailment for a type of barspell. On the basis that a JA/Stratagem could become redundant should it be dispelled.

I understand the annoyance, especially with the Dispel happy enemies recently, but this type of "bonus" makes no sense for SCH.
    (1)

Player
    My idea (which you apparently didn't read) is not a "type of bonus" for Scholar. I wouldn't even have it as Scholar unique (I called it "Blink for Dispel" for a reason). It's a designated Dispel Fodder spell (not a Perpetuance bonus), you cast it (again, not a Perpetuance bonus), it's a lightning rod, Dispel hits it instead of something useful. It doesn't increase resist rates of Dispel, that would be horseshit and absolutely unreliable. What possible problem could you have with this idea? It's a hard counter for Dispel. It's not Scholar unique. Everyone who suffers from Dispel benefits from it. You put up one buff instead of reapplying five, the only problem I can find with that is that it makes the game easier.

I don't even get how such a concept "makes no sense for Scholar". Scholars are tacticians. Being one step ahead of your enemy and countering their move before they've even made it? If anything it should be Scholar unique because that fits Scholar perfectly.
    (1)

Character
    Niflheim
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Ultimately what you're asking for is to give SCH something they have nothing of any other ailment for a type of barspell. On the basis that a JA/Stratagem could become redundant should it be dispelled.
    Dispel is the only enfeebling magic that is not like all the others and leaves no lasting effect like sleep, poison, blind, paralyze, silence, ect. And a Bardark would be effective mostly against the spell Dispel and not necessarily all the other mob move dispels, seeing as they are not all dark elemental. I do not disagree that a bardark and light need to be added to the bar spells but there effectiveness on avoiding dispel isn't going to be all that good.

I understand the annoyance, especially with the Dispel happy enemies recently, but this type of "bonus" makes no sense for SCH.
    And why do you feel that way? Even though Sch does not receive all that many native buff spells we still have more of a mastery of enhancing magic then other jobs in that we can make them AoE and last twice as long. You also make it sound as if this dispel resistance can be spammed but it is attached to our strat Prepetuance. On the other hand if it being attached to Prep is to unbalance what about in the new merit category a strat that give that effect to an enhancing spell that cost 2 strats? Then if it its own strat then i would see it working like AoE in that it does have some give and take. You get a dispel resistant spell but the duration of the spell is cut in half. then you counter that with Prep
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesahade View Post
    Dispel is the only enfeebling magic that is not like all the others and leaves no lasting effect like sleep, poison, blind, paralyze, silence, ect. And a Bardark would be effective mostly against the spell Dispel and not necessarily all the other mob move dispels, seeing as they are not all dark elemental. I do not disagree that a bardark and light need to be added to the bar spells but there effectiveness on avoiding dispel isn't going to be all that good.
    My suggestion was for both bardark-ra and bardispel-ra.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast