Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    11 days and counting.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Chronofantasy View Post
    Agreed! FFXI is dying, I doubt (Insert new MMOs) is going to go anywhere.
    Fixed that for you. Seriously, once the fresh car smell wears off of these new MMOs, it's going to go right back to "When will we see the light of day of (newly announced MMO a year from now) and how good will it be?"

Look at Rift and SWTOR, especially SWTOR.

D3 only has 1 thing and 1 thing only going for it: Die hard D1 & D2 fans, otherwise it really is nothing new or innovative or even that fun to be honest.
    (3)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    D3 only has 1 thing and 1 thing only going for it: Die hard D1 & D2 fans,
    That one thing, is a really, really, big one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    otherwise it really is nothing new or innovative or even that fun to be honest.
    It's the first game to feature a seamless realtime, realworld money auction house. That's pretty innovative.
    (1)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Diablo? Half my friends never came back after Skyrim!
    (2)

Player
    bleh rather then a aby 2.0 i'd rather they add in the areas of vanadiel we haven't been to, like the mithra homeland or where the orcs/gigas come from, or how about a wotg tie back to altep type save the galka empire from antica.

this game has such a rich background mythos to expand upon rather then rehash old zones and overlay a CoP gone wrong world.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's the first game to feature a seamless realtime, realworld money auction house. That's pretty innovative.
    It's also the reason I won't touch the game. It's a horrible idea, I don't want sanctioned RMT in my game, much less illicit RMT. Who's going to sell for ingame money when they can make real money selling nonexistent virtual crap? It also practically makes blizzard a financial institution in the same kind of gray area as PayPal.

I was vaguely interested in the game til I heard about this "innovative" feature. Then I lost all interest.
    (4)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    Diablo? Half my friends never came back after Skyrim!
    They must realy love doing chores then. >.>
    (2)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakrest View Post
    You couldn't be any more wrong. Most gamers are not marketers, they certainly can be indirectly (through word of mouth, social media, etc). However what most gamers are, are gamers - they login to whatever they want to play because they draw some amount of fun out of the content set by the creators, and don't get off on running a free awareness campaign for the company that created the game. Sure, many of us say to our RL buddy, "hey, you should come try out this game!" but the degree of effort in this context is an entirely different universe. Most of us do what Vold has posted, and look elsewhere for gaming kicks, it's much easier - we play games for fun, not work, right? It's like why planets and bubbles are round, they require the least amount of energy to exist.
    my statement is actually right on the mark, SE is not promoting FFXI, they barely promoted it when they did, if we the players want it to have new life then we the players will need to help make that happen, but hey, you are right about one thing, the majority of the players wouldn't, they would just move on to something else than try to get their friends on here
    (0)
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Who's going to sell for in-game money when they can make real money selling nonexistent virtual crap?
    That's a great question, but both actually happen all the time all around us (both in Diablo2, and a long list of other multiplayer games) so I see no reason that would suggest this would be any different. At least now, for the first time, there's someone to be held accountable if the transaction goes a-rye.

It also practically makes blizzard a financial institution in the same kind of gray area as PayPal.
    Hah, this really did make me laugh. Why would you microscope that financial outlet? You don't think the federal reserve or the world banks are 'gray'? You don't think the economic crash brought about by international banks doing "loan-swaps" and "derivatives" isn't gray? Since when isn't any branch of the financial infrastructure not 'gray'? Their mechanics is pretty clearly defined in their terms, as any other financial gateway claims to.

I was vaguely interested in the game til I heard about this "innovative" feature. Then I lost all interest.
    You are certainly the minority
    (1)

the RMT Auction house idea is basically a smart move on Blizzard. RMT Will happen rather its sanctioned by the game or not. Them making their own RMT Auction House basically cuts out the need for such a thing to come up "illegally".

I mean, It won't stop it completely, But they're doing it to get a cut of what will already be happening. From a business perspective, Its a smart move. The fact they're keeping a Normal AH and RMT AH is also a good idea.

Theres quite a few restrictions and crap on the RMT Auction House, and a lot of fee's or what have you that will (I believe it was brought up on the BG THread) benefit selling on IN-Game Currency Auction house, and in turn selling the IG Currency instead. So its designed to where both RMT and in-Game currency have their strong points for use.

Regardless of all of that... I hate to say FFXI is dying but in reality it began to die slowly the second its subscriptions starting steadily declining with no real new players coming it. Its not going anywhere for a good couple years still, But i don't see it lasting more than 3-4 Years, as a Pay-To-Play game anyway. I think a new expansion would be lovely, and maybe we might see something in that line, but it seems unlikely, But not impossible.

SE has surprised us before, But I don't think they'll be shipping anymore Boxed expansions... Might not be cost productive, They'd make more money not printing CD's and just selling us Mini-expansions... and these days, it feels like Mini-Expansions is all we can look forward too. Which aren't too bad if they handle it correctly. You know, I've tried a few MMO's during their Beta because my friends thought highly of it... But i gotta say, One big flaw i found in most of them are their storylines and missions are hideously dull and unimmersive.

I find myself looking back fondly on actually reading RoTZ, CoP, and ToAU Cutscenes, Being interested in what happened next. Then i remember my small time in TERA, and I can't remember anything except the color of the "Accept' button on the missions and quests. I can likely recite most of the Storyline of CoP, ToAU, and RoTZ From memory... Hell I play most Games/RPGs for the story, Its rare for me to play a game and not try to enjoy the story... I guess thats what brought me to FFXI, the story of it all... wanting to find out whats next.

I'm babbling here. I think I'll stop before i go into a rant about how new MMO's are nothing but money-pumping schemes releasing bare-minimum "standard' RPG-Story with no real interest.
    (7)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast