Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post

You'll learn as much from Abyssea leeching as you do from normal leveling. Fact!
    and actually that is BS, you can only learn from abyssea if you pay attention, which you will find the majority of leeches do not

Yes you do. Endgame is 90% of this game now, anything else is outdated and pointless doing.
    again, that is your opinion, what are you calling endgame? abyssea? voidwatch? both of those are jokes barely even real content
    what else? Dynamis? not even really endgame anymore, not since the updates that change the Dynamics of it
    (2)
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I have nothing of value to contribute to this discussion, however for the sake of making a post tonight, 2 things:

1. Totally see where Sprite is coming from... although I do enjoy the endgame, I don't enjoy the bitches that try to run everyone else's business in endgame.

2. Believe it or not, but this:
    Fact!
    actually makes you look like a tool. If you're going to make a claim, it is implied already to be a fact. To have to state so suggests that you don't know as much about the subject as you may/may not portend.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Not worth it, "Abyssea leeching" moaning is so last year!
    (0)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    if you enjoy abyssea all the better for you, I do go into abyssea mostly by myself, and guess what, I have been in oldschool parties in abyssea, I would hardly call that endgame
    (1)
    Last edited by wildsprite; 05-05-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I think the best thing to do is get opinions and advice then figure out how you like to level on your own, you may find others that share that opinion, as long as you find ways to have fun do it your own way

you will always find people who don't think you are playing right, but it is you who pays to play it, it should be you who decides how you want to play it as long as you don't break any of the ToS nobody is gonna stop you
    (2)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by wildsprite View Post
    I think the best thing to do is get opinions and advice then figure out how you like to level on your own, you may find others that share that opinion, as long as you find ways to have fun do it your own way

you will always find people who don't think you are playing right, but it is you who pays to play it, it should be you who decides how you want to play it as long as you don't break any of the ToS nobody is gonna stop you
    Fine! But the OP specifically asked how leveling works now, old-school parties are few and far between. Whether you personally do it or not, leveling is done in the VAST majority inside Abyssea Fell Cleave now, even outside there is a type of cleave for 1~30.

Telling people not to mention Abyssea is absurd when that is the current leveling system now.
    (1)

Character
    Tigeriss
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    My advise for starting out on leveling choose a high priority job. Next where to level: start off outside your nation like you used to do back in the days of the old 75 cap leveling to level 10. Then Choose your poison to go onto the regular areas to level or try some of the zones with the new books. (Example: I used to do east sab to 10 move to the canyon til 16 then go into the maze to 35 spamming the new book and its first 3-4 pages.)
    At 35 move onto crawler's nest and grab a page 1 party then you can zip up to 50 in roughly 30min-1hour if the party is very active. Grab some friends and get your cap unlocked, go back to next cap, and rinse and repeat up to 65-70. At 70 skill out on a few mobs then go get a test, laugh at maat, then level in the tree til 75. @ 75 shout for abyssea or go back to the tree for page spamming. You should be able to get into an aby party and zip on up to 95 in no time if the alliances don't break up too soon. 95 cap out your skills and get ready for a fight for your cap. Then you can solo aby to 99 easy on most jobs from there or by page spamming in the tree, sky, ect.
    Good luck and happy leveling.
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Then playing it is pointless, the storylines can be beaten in 1~2 days, the only restriction is on the pointless (wait until japanese midnight.)
    Even with the JP midnight restrictions, there's 8 different storylines, plus 3 more for each city, that will still takes months.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildsprite View Post
    and actually that is BS, you can only learn from abyssea if you pay attention, which you will find the majority of leeches do not
    You don'teven have to pay attention, you don't even have to put any effort into a job. They're all laid out pretty strait forward and anyone can learn them nearly by the JA/spell lists alone.
    (0)
    Last edited by Tsukino_Kaji; 05-06-2012 at 03:43 AM.

Character
    Shadowsong
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Pffft this thread is so old hat.
    Experiment is my suggestion. If you are smart you eill rventually gravitate towards Abyssea. If you wish it was 2007, listen to these other people. OP asked what the majority does, not some freak minorty.
    (1)

MMORPG's are NOT single-player console games with which the only point is beating the storyline.
    You're quite mistake. MMOs/Muds of the 80s-90s and 2002 weren't single player console games, MMOs of now are single player MMOs which is what the new generation of 'casual' gamers want. So yeah it actually is the point now, end-game is for 'hardcore' people and 'people who have no responsibilities."

Yes I've seen this said on many MMO sites lately, including SWTOR/Rift/TERA/GW2 forums.
    (1)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast