Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Numquam
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Replace Ambuscade with a cash shop.

Ambuscade is fun when it favors a large variety of playing styles and tactics, but I don't have an AG Nirvana SMN or an Aeonic BRD or an Ergon RUN. Hell, sometimes I can't even find enough members to do runs with and if I solo a bunch of people start with their attitudes. Get rid of it and just make a cash shop for FFXI with its drops.
    (1)

Player
    So, I get the point, and yeah.

But, this month Ive done over 100k hallmarks. Not once have I used bard, not once have I had a smn, not once has it been a RUN tank.

So, just sayin, BLM the job EVERYONE should have leveled and usable by this point since it was the ONLY way to do content for 2 entire years, is still the most viable and easiest win.

Never. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Solo. Under any circumstances. Ever.
    (3)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Numquam View Post
    Ambuscade is fun when it favors a large variety of playing styles and tactics, but I don't have an AG Nirvana SMN or an Aeonic BRD or an Ergon RUN. Hell, sometimes I can't even find enough members to do runs with and if I solo a bunch of people start with their attitudes. Get rid of it and just make a cash shop for FFXI with its drops.
    No offense meant - but this is the worse idea ever. If they did this - I would quit this game so fast.

I agree with you though about the attitudes toward soloists being unwarranted - assuming they are willing to group up if given the chance that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Khiril View Post
    So, I get the point, and yeah.

But, this month Ive done over 100k hallmarks. Not once have I used bard, not once have I had a smn, not once has it been a RUN tank.

So, just sayin, BLM the job EVERYONE should have leveled and usable by this point since it was the ONLY way to do content for 2 entire years, is still the most viable and easiest win.

Never. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Solo. Under any circumstances. Ever.
    People only have themselves to blame for others who choose to solo Ambuscade - as these are usually the same people who are often turned down or snubbed because they don't have a specific job or fail to meet some set of specific standards other players for some odd reason seem fit to demand of others.

We do not always have to do very difficult intense in under 3 minutes. And if players end up having to wait longer to get inside Ambuscade because they refuse to settle for anything less - well then that is a problem of their own making really.
    (2)
    Last edited by Dale; 05-27-2017 at 02:40 AM.

Character
    Neferio
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I was about to do the shadow lord fight yesterday for Windhurst 5-2 when someone dashed in and entered. When i clicked on the door to enter after, it said 'Please wait a little while longer'. After a couple minutes i was able to go in. The area was otherwise empty... so it struck me that the servers can only accommodate ONE party at a time....

Then i remembered how the devs said in an interview that they are the only game left in existence using the SCEA server site...

And then i thought hmmm.... This game is still using the launch servers from 2002 isn't it?
    Fantastic game, but some of the oversights or lack of attention to kinda important things like maybe upgrading the servers once in the last 15 years is rather baffling. I agree with your sentiment that the players have only themselves to blame for their own behaviour, but if we're waiting to get into Ambuscade because the servers running this game are on dail up modems from 2002, that ... uhhh.... for sure rests on the company, not the players. LOL
    (0)

Character
    Folken
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 1
    If the free campaign is any indication of how many people would play for free, I'd welcome f2p with a cash shop.

BLM the job EVERYONE should have leveled and usable by this point since it was the ONLY way to do content for 2 entire years,
    Get off your high horse. Not everyone plays like you.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Folken View Post
    If the free campaign is any indication of how many people would play for free, I'd welcome f2p with a cash shop.

Get off your high horse. Not everyone plays like you.
    It wasn't an opinion, or a suggestion, it was a statement. and a true statement.

BLM burst set up was the literal only way ANYTHING was done for an entire 2 years+ there's no valid excuse for not having one of the jobs leveled for that style. Unless you're new.

Time is an invaluable and irreplaceable commodity. You're wasting EVERYONES time, especially your own when you solo ambuscade. Do. Not. Do. It.
    (1)
    Last edited by Khiril; 05-27-2017 at 11:51 PM.

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It wasn't an opinion, or a suggestion, it was a statement. and a true statement.

BLM burst set up was the literal only way ANYTHING was done for an entire 2 years+ there's no valid excuse for not having one of the jobs leveled for that style. Unless you're new.

Time is an invaluable and irreplaceable commodity. You're wasting EVERYONES time, especially your own when you solo ambuscade. Do. Not. Do. It.
    Since we're gonna open the door on how much time is worth, what amount of waiting time is acceptable before you, in fact, would have gained more from consistently soloung the whole time.

Thing is if there are 6 people solong in Legion (and there often are), they could have easily grouped together. They just didn't want to. There could have been any number of reasons, even one unique to each one of them.

Not all of are always in the mood to do Ambuscade 10 times a day. Just like we aren't always in the mood to hang out outside with our Seek up.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketaru View Post
    Since we're gonna open the door on how much time is worth, what amount of waiting time is acceptable before you, in fact, would have gained more from consistently soloung the whole time.
    You can literally NEVER get gallantry while solo, so, it is impossible to make that statement. It is never acceptable to solo. One partied up set, even going one time is worth more than an entire 30 days of soloing.

Thing is if there are 6 people solong in Legion (and there often are), they could have easily grouped together. They just didn't want to. There could have been any number of reasons, even one unique to each one of them.
    No, the -only- reason someone enters the legion zone solo, is they are a dbag. period. There are no multiple reasons.

Not all of are always in the mood to do Ambuscade 10 times a day. Just like we aren't always in the mood to hang out outside with our Seek up.
    You don't have to. you get SIX seals now. Join ONE shout, ONCE a WEEK for 4 weeks and be DONE. That's not an unreasonable goal. If you join a group for 2 runs, 4 times you will get 10k gallantry and 20,000 marks.

8 runs, spanned across 30 entire days, vs how many billion solos it would take, it's a no-brainer.

(1200*3*6+1200*2) 24000 marks
    (500*3*6+500*2) 10000 Gallantry

And V1VD this month (like at least half the months are a JOKE.)
    (2)
    Last edited by Khiril; 05-28-2017 at 06:53 AM.

Player
    You can literally NEVER get gallantry while solo, so, it is impossible to make that statement. It is never acceptable to solo. One partied up set, even going one time is worth more than an entire 30 days of soloing.

No, the -only- reason someone enters the legion zone solo, is they are a dbag. period. There are no multiple reasons.

You don't have to. you get SIX seals now. Join ONE shout, ONCE a WEEK for 4 weeks and be DONE. That's not an unreasonable goal. If you join a group for 2 runs, 4 times you will get 10k gallantry and 20,000 marks.

8 runs, spanned across 30 entire days, vs how many billion solos it would take, it's a no-brainer.

(1200*3*6+1200*2) 24000 marks
    (500*3*6+500*2) 10000 Gallantry

And V1VD this month (like at least half the months are a JOKE.)
    Those that I've confirmed to be soloing have always been in mediocre gear at best, low/no JPs, and had experienced being kicked for underperforming in V1D/VD. Which makes sense, since the difficulty levels are directly connected to mob levels inside, and I don't see someone fulltiming reforges (since those are the only 119 gear they have) being able to even leech their way thru the runs required on V1VD. ^^;; When was the last time you did V1VD w/ no well-geared and/or job mastered groups? It's only easy once you are geared/prepped for 135+ content.

I fully agree that it is hugely less efficient to solo, but for some, that is about all they are going to be able to do right now and they have the right to do so.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Those that I've confirmed to be soloing have always been in mediocre gear at best, low/no JPs, and had experienced being kicked for underperforming in V1D/VD. Which makes sense, since the difficulty levels are directly connected to mob levels inside, and I don't see someone fulltiming reforges (since those are the only 119 gear they have) being able to even leech their way thru the runs required on V1VD. ^^;; When was the last time you did V1VD w/ no well-geared and/or job mastered groups? It's only easy once you are geared/prepped for 135+ content.

I fully agree that it is hugely less efficient to solo, but for some, that is about all they are going to be able to do right now and they have the right to do so.
    Literally anyone with zero JP and about 13 minutes of effort can be PLD RUN SCH or WHM for the event. All you have to do is have a brainstem, a pulse and ilvl gear. Whm/Sch can even be completely naked.

To be BLM BLU GEO takes slightly more effort, maybe an entire day worth of effort. That's it.

If you don't like any of those 7 options, play a game thats more your style, instead of making everyone hate you for soloing for zero gain.
    (0)
    Last edited by Khiril; 05-28-2017 at 07:20 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast