Character
    Shadowgabriel
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95

Phantom Roll - How can we improve it.

[dev1004] Corsair’s Phantom Roll Ability

"We are considering changing the effect granted by the Phantom Roll ability when a player rolls a total of 11.

We would love to get some feedback on this change from all you corsairs. If you have any great ideas, don’t hesitate to post them and discuss them. This feedback will be taken into account when we make our decision.

For these requests, you don’t have to take the current effects of rolling 11 into account. We’d like your ideas on what you think would be cool when hitting that 11."

Nice to see we're getting some love!

On a serious note though most buffing jobs like Corsair are suffering a lot since Abyssea was released and Atma made buffers a little weak in comparison, so how about hitting an 11 will improve the effects of Atma?

For example rolling an 11 on Fighter's Roll currently grants a large boost to Double Attack for party members, Atma such as Atma of the Voracious Violet grant a bonus to the Double Attack effect. How about granting a boost to the effects of Atma with the same status effects?

I can understand this may cause balance issues and would need to be thoroughly tested but hey I'm just throwing an idea out there!

Also a separate animation for hitting that lucky 11 would be awesome something shiny!

Lets get some good ideas flowing guys!

Gabe.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowgabriel View Post
    Also a separate animation for hitting that lucky 11 would be awesome something shiny
    This. Not unlike the "Level-up" or "Merit Point" signs. But cooler
    (0)

Character
    Maginmartin
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90

[dev1004]

[dev1004]

How about a strong boost to our rolls after we get to a certain level... I know it's off topic, but our buffs are comparitively weaker to BRD buffs, so perhaps when we reach level 91, a Job trait to boost rolls over all.

Now for a roll of 11, why not give a "mini" 2hr effect if it's a roll that corresponds to a job!

I.e.
    WAR roll on 11 - 10~20 seconds of Mighty Strikes
    PLD roll on 11 - 10 seconds of invincable
    BLU roll on 11 - 10 seconds off 0 damage from magic

Things like that... overpowered in long doses, but in 10 second bursts, could be very nice!
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowgabriel View Post
    [dev1004] Corsair’s Phantom Roll Ability

"We are considering changing the effect granted by the Phantom Roll ability when a player rolls a total of 11.

We would love to get some feedback on this change from all you corsairs. If you have any great ideas, don’t hesitate to post them and discuss them. This feedback will be taken into account when we make our decision.

For these requests, you don’t have to take the current effects of rolling 11 into account. We’d like your ideas on what you think would be cool when hitting that 11."

Nice to see we're getting some love!

On a serious note though most buffing jobs like Corsair are suffering a lot since Abyssea was released and Atma made buffers a little weak in comparison, so how about hitting an 11 will improve the effects of Atma?

For example rolling an 11 on Fighter's Roll currently grants a large boost to Double Attack for party members, Atma such as Atma of the Voracious Violet grant a bonus to the Double Attack effect. How about granting a boost to the effects of Atma with the same status effects?

I can understand this may cause balance issues and would need to be thoroughly tested but hey I'm just throwing an idea out there!

Also a separate animation for hitting that lucky 11 would be awesome something shiny!

Lets get some good ideas flowing guys!

Gabe.
    I agree with you but i think there might be a better way to make that possible.... i think they should make an atma for Cors that enhance our 11 results giving whatever the roll was a boost that can rival that of an atma boost.

Eg. you just scored an 11 on a Chaos roll in abyssea with said new Cor. atma, lets name said atma "Atma of the lucky Phantom" ..... the result will be ATT (superior) +50, R.ATT (superior) +50 STR (superior) +50

Idk i think this would put cor back up as an awesome buffer and will also make it a valued job to have when going to fight bosses. I'm lvling cor and i wanna make it my main but my ls use to always make me jump on blu and it gets boring lol i want my cor to be a job ppl ask me to get on when we're doing events. ^_^ COR FTW
    (0)

Character
    Shadowgabriel
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Maginmartin View Post
    [dev1004]

How about a strong boost to our rolls after we get to a certain level... I know it's off topic, but our buffs are comparitively weaker to BRD buffs, so perhaps when we reach level 91, a Job trait to boost rolls over all.

Now for a roll of 11, why not give a "mini" 2hr effect if it's a roll that corresponds to a job!

I.e.

Things like that... overpowered in long doses, but in 10 second bursts, could be very nice!
    ^ I like this, I like this a lot lol
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Maginmartin View Post
    [dev1004]

I.e.

I like that idea... Way to think out of the box. ^^
    (0)

Burmecia | DRG | COR | SMN | NIN | PLD | SAM | BRD | RDM |

I think that if you hit 11 the positive effect on your party should be negative effect on the enemy Just opposite of what the party gets. Examples:

Corsair's Roll -Increases the amount of experience points earned by party members within area of effect.
    11 Bonus -Decreases the amount of experience points earned by defeated party members lowering the enemies level.

Ninja Roll -Enhances evasion for party members within area of effect.
    11 Bonus -Lowers the evasion of enemies within area of effect.

Just a thought...
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadobi View Post
    I think that if you hit 11 the positive effect on your party should be negative effect on the enemy Just opposite of what the party gets. Examples:

Corsair's Roll -Increases the amount of experience points earned by party members within area of effect.
    11 Bonus -Decreases the amount of experience points earned by defeated party members lowering the enemies level.

Just a thought...
    that sounds a lil dangerous.... what if i cast Bolters roll and score 11 and it effects the mobs around me
    would that cause the mobs to arrgo me?
    (0)

No only if you engage the mob the area of effect will activate. its not dangerous at all plus it would reduce the mob speed lol. so your be fine lol
    (0)

Character
    Cinc
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadobi View Post

Just a thought...
    that cor roll sounds dangerous, i see ppl exploiting it for easyer kills on stuff like Av and Warden for example
    and making rolls aoe mobs around you prolly not gonna make doing stuff easyer, more exciting yes
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast