Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    ITT: We're not over-powered enough, give us more.
    BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAH
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    lol and i thought the EXACT same thing when i read his post. go figure lol. people are actualy deluded into thinking that scholar is better then any comparable job. that in its self is comical. were not even a sidegrade, the only job we can even dream of claiming to be better then is redmage, and thats not counting RDM's overpowered enfeebling.
    (0)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    So your saying that a sch with an elemental obi, the twilight cape and an active storm spell for the type of spell it's casting is that weak, huh? And you want a tier two storm spell because why, you want to out do blms every time without ebullience? So this spell of yours is going to bridge the gap that the obi, the cape, and the af3+2 body doesn't provide, yet you clearly stated to beat a blm at it's own game you need to use your ja ebullience. You get five charges of that at 90, and possibly 6 at 99. Its recast time is what 45sec-minute per charge? Correct me if I'm not exact with the specific details please. So five times a minute you can out perform a blm at their own game according to your statement that you need that ability to out nuke the best nuker in the game. Add to that your elemental skill level with dark arts, Sch is shitting on Rdm, competeing with Blm, and while it doesn't cure like a Whm, what is whm gonna solo with it's awesome damage dealing spells?
    (1)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 12-04-2011 at 06:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Erinael
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Lets forget for a moment that to even beat a blackmage at casting something you'll likely need to use alacrity, and to beat them at individual nukes you'll likely also need to use ebullience as well as spend time casting storms and klimaform; or the tools, spells, and gear that blm has available to it; or that blm not only has access to twilight cape but if you're doing something cooperative they have access to all the same storm spells you do.

Yeah whm sure does suck at killing stuff.
    (0)

Character
    Siiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ank View Post
    Lets forget for a moment that to even beat a blackmage at casting something you'll likely need to use alacrity, and to beat them at individual nukes you'll likely also need to use ebullience as well as spend time casting storms and klimaform; or the tools, spells, and gear that blm has available to it; or that blm not only has access to twilight cape but if you're doing something cooperative they have access to all the same storm spells you do.

Yeah whm sure does suck at killing stuff.
    Isn't that the point of scholar? That you have to balance the use of strategms and job abilites? Isn't it the strategic mage? Also, please tell me what white mage excels at killing, and the last time someone went whm to nuke or melee in a real event? Also, poor red mages, scholars destroys them in both nuking and healing. Where is rdm over powered enfeebling? Aren't NMs resistant to most enfeebles in about 90% of content these days?
    (0)
    Last edited by Siiri; 12-04-2011 at 11:48 PM.

Character
    Erinael
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Isn't that the point of scholar?
    Yes.

Also, please tell me what white mage excels at killing
    Nothing.
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    So your saying that a sch with an elemental obi, the twilight cape and an active storm spell for the type of spell it's casting is that weak, huh? And you want a tier two storm spell because why, you want to out do blms every time without ebullience? So this spell of yours is going to bridge the gap that the obi, the cape, and the af3+2 body doesn't provide, yet you clearly stated to beat a blm at it's own game you need to use your ja ebullience. You get five charges of that at 90, and possibly 6 at 99. Its recast time is what 45sec-minute per charge? Correct me if I'm not exact with the specific details please. So five times a minute you can out perform a blm at their own game according to your statement that you need that ability to out nuke the best nuker in the game. Add to that your elemental skill level with dark arts, Sch is shitting on Rdm, competeing with Blm, and while it doesn't cure like a Whm, what is whm gonna solo with it's awesome damage dealing spells?
    I'm sorry to inform you of this, but there are only 60 seconds in a minute. As such our recharge being 48 seconds allows us 5 charges in 5 minutes, so 5 times in 5 minutes we can use ebullience. But that isn't all we use for stratagems. We have quite the assortment of techniques to help us and the party in niche situations.

Going to throw you another curve ball here, weather effects are not self-target enhancing magic. That means we can give them the same boosts we have. Coincidentally we start running into the problem above if we enhance these weather effects with accession and/or perpetuation, limiting our ebullience use.

Finally, and you may reference my signature for this, A SCH will not beat an equally well geared BLM, over time or nuke for nuke. Good SCHs put a lot of time and effort into our work, but we will never overtake BLM who also have obi, twilight cape, full AF3+2, and weather effects. The stratagems help close the gap, but under the same conditions BLM will always be superior as very well they should be (doesn't stop me from striving to be better though to only betterment myself).

TL;DR: Any BLM that thinks SCH nuke better than them are either poorly geared, poorly skilled, poorly played, or have a stingy SCH with them. Oh, and get yourself an obi (WHMs too, always aurorastorm my WHMs).
    (1)

Character
    Siiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ank View Post
    Nothing.
    Ok, my bad, I thought you were being sarcastic when you said whm sure does suck at killing stuff. These boards have skewed my perception of sarcasm.
    (0)

Character
    Erinael
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    It probably sounded sarcastic due to my attitude when talking about comparing blm and sch. People tend to forget that while sch is a strong nuker there are many factors to consider above and beyond a single nuke from a sch and a single nuke from a blm.

I'm not denying sch isn't a powerful nuker though, don't get me wrong. But if you're using every buff to beat a blm on a pure nuke basis you're not likely sustaining that for long, either due to enmity, mp, stopping to cast/recast buffs, switching arts if necessary, spending stratagems on other things, etc; as well as ignoring utility, traits, gear, etc.

My blm friends made me cry after they released elemental celerity, again not saying they didn't need or deserve it.

As far as rdm, I agree. It's pretty much in a similar boat as sch, only they've got more leaks and no one patching them.
    (0)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    I'm sorry to inform you of this, but there are only 60 seconds in a minute. As such our recharge being 48 seconds allows us 5 charges in 5 minutes, so 5 times in 5 minutes we can use ebullience. But that isn't all we use for stratagems. We have quite the assortment of techniques to help us and the party in niche situations.

Going to throw you another curve ball here, weather effects are not self-target enhancing magic. That means we can give them the same boosts we have. Coincidentally we start running into the problem above if we enhance these weather effects with accession and/or perpetuation, limiting our ebullience use.

Finally, and you may reference my signature for this, A SCH will not beat an equally well geared BLM, over time or nuke for nuke. Good SCHs put a lot of time and effort into our work, but we will never overtake BLM who also have obi, twilight cape, full AF3+2, and weather effects. The stratagems help close the gap, but under the same conditions BLM will always be superior as very well they should be (doesn't stop me from striving to be better though to only betterment myself).

TL;DR: Any BLM that thinks SCH nuke better than them are either poorly geared, poorly skilled, poorly played, or have a stingy SCH with them. Oh, and get yourself an obi (WHMs too, always aurorastorm my WHMs).
    What i meant by adding the obi and the twilight cape in was most blm use mab or int on their capes and waist slot, because we don't all sub sch for storm effects. Yes, a good blm will carry elemental obi and cape just in case or if they sub /sch and use storm spells, but most just nuke outright with mab/int while a sch would be more likely, in my opinion, to take advantage of the elemental gear.

Blms don't gear themselves in the hope they have a sch just like whms don't gear in the hope there's a rdm to refresh them.

I'd say a tier 2 storm spell would be good for sch and i'd support it if it was done right, I just disliked the power the orginal op presented, because as I said a Sch can cure and nuke, while a blm can only nuke (we are not talking subs, we are commenting on the jobs themselves) and whm can only cure (throwing out holy II every 45sec doesn't count even though it can hit 1k in damage that just means the whm isn't curing that much and has mp to spare, I use holy occasionally but it's very low on the priority scaling, since curing is what a whm is for and does best).
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast