Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    I guess what I can't wrap my head around is complaining about having to do content in order to access area, battlefields, NMs, and equipment. Progressing through the game to unlock new things is so basic that I can't see how you want to skip it. I mean, isn't the very essence of an RPG?
    It may be an RPG, but there's a point when things are just long and drawn out for no reason. It made sense back in the day, it was the content, it was fun/challenging/gripping/whatever. You actually earned items and stuff for completing it too that were good. Nowadays, there's like 1-2 good items (Raja Ring) and the rest of it is just doing it so the game knows you've done it (for whatever other reason).
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    It may be an RPG, but there's a point when things are just long and drawn out for no reason. It made sense back in the day, it was the content, it was fun/challenging/gripping/whatever. You actually earned items and stuff for completing it too that were good. Nowadays, there's like 1-2 good items (Raja Ring) and the rest of it is just doing it so the game knows you've done it (for whatever other reason).
    It just sounds like you want some of the best gear in the game just from doing Records of Eminence.
    (1)

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    In all honesty, why need they be connected though? I can think of no reason that CoP in any way should actually be a requirement
    The "reforged AF" is actually more like a +2 and +3 of the original AF. To +1 your AF, you needed Sea Access. Since "reforged AF" is just an extension of the upgrade process, you need to have all previous requirements met.

I don't see what the big deal is. If you have the capacity to obtain the items for your reforged AF, you also have the ability to complete all of CoP.
    (1)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Odd that you can upgrade relic to +1 without sea (i did on my mule), but have to have limbus access to upgrade these new artifacts (though i completely understand). I can contest that my linkshell that did limbus every possible time we could (back before it was changed to daily content) went many many runs without seein one monk af item drop and there was quite alot of us needing them. Ive recently started doin it now that my mule has access, have only done 2 runs and i got 2 sam 2 brd one run and 1 sam the next run (none of which was needed and seriously any event that first required 6-18 people and gave one af item at the end is effin stupid). seriously you have to be full of crap to say u can get anything u need in one run lol. having said that, though most wiki pages say any af item can drop, but are there definite runs that tend to drop one jobs over another?
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Twille View Post
    The "reforged AF" is actually more like a +2 and +3 of the original AF. To +1 your AF, you needed Sea Access. Since "reforged AF" is just an extension of the upgrade process, you need to have all previous requirements met.
    To +1 Relic you needed Sea access because otherwise the same NPC refused to talk to you, that being said, Trials of the Magian were perfectly open and ready for anyone at all to come in and +2 their gear, I mean you don't even have to have Dynamis access let alone Sea access in order to +2 it, it was just fewer Forgottens if you had Sea access and +1'd the Relic gear first. Both pieces required Sea to get +1, both allow you to skip +1 at the same time of requiring a higher cost, both require items outside of Sea to get to +2/Reforged, the only difference between AF & Relic is the fact Relic did not require Sea access, or items half as difficult to obtain, while giving you a lower level piece of gear. You said it yourself, if you can obtain the items to Reforge your AF, you can complete all of CoP, which means you are able to and just haven't, so allowing players to obtain that higher level piece of gear shouldn't be an issue either way.
    (0)

Character
    Johngottii
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Crevox you horrible little man, you really need a good hiding mate a good beating to knock some sense into you.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    It just sounds like you want some of the best gear in the game just from doing Records of Eminence.
    I never said anything like that. You really think doing mindless hours of fetch quests is worth anything? What's worth something is difficult battles with strong opponents, and that's what I WANT to be doing, but I can't, because I have to get these fetch quests out of the way first.

Crevox you horrible little man, you really need a good hiding mate a good beating to knock some sense into you.
    I don't even know what this is supposed to say.
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    Nobody says I want everything for free. I already earned my AF items to trade in, but I can't. I WANT to do AA fights, but again, I can't, because I haven't finished Zilart. I want to do a LOT of things, but I can't because I have not finished all of these stupid fetch quests. I can't even get a party because I don't have Alexander.
    But being able to redeem the items is something that has to be earned. What's wrong with that?
    (1)

Character
    Johngottii
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I know cops not hard all, se nerfed it down so people colo solo duo it. Se right now are going around and adding new versions to the older fights the recent aa fights for example, i'm sure that they will get around to cop soon, so it's really not a waste of your time to get it done anyway.

Lets look at it logically you have to do zilart missions you can do these in one day if you put enough hours in, i've just done them all again for a couple of mules, cop took me a few days again for mules and toah has a few more jp midnight cs so it will take a few days longer. There is no reason why you can't have all 3 expansions done in 2 weeks.

Try shouting to see if anyone else needs them, try making yourself a friend or two along the way at least that way you can have a little fun doing these missions.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    He's not saying it's hard, he's saying it's a hassle and he doesn't want to do it.
    (1)

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast