Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm a little disappointed that Araise is being described as "extremely difficult to get", but I'll wait until they actually release the spell before getting huffy about it. My guess here, though, is that it's not going to come from a scroll but more likely going to be like Impact and only come from equipment. Now I like to have all spells even if they are expensive, but if I can live with not having Impact on BLM then I'll be fine not having Araise on my WHM.
    (1)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalilla View Post
    I say we all call it Arise regardless if SE changes it or not (I'm not sure why they wouldn't...).
    I thought it was Arise when I first read it and already told my LS it was. I'm just gonna call it that regardless, Araise sounds dull.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    My best bet would be for this spell to be tied to a lv99 relic or mythic weapon. Remember that SE are working on relic/mythic weapon BRD songs and BST jugs. Other jobs (RDM BLU SCH WHM BLM etc) might get the similar treatment.
    I's my speculation for now, but sounds fitting.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    The Developer smiled and replied, "During the worst times, I was riding on your back and whipping you with a stick and laughing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    [...]-Dipper Yuly, Faithful Falcorr
    ※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    [...] There was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirael View Post
    My best bet would be for this spell to be tied to a lv99 relic or mythic weapon. Remember that SE are working on relic/mythic weapon BRD songs and BST jugs. Other jobs (RDM BLU SCH WHM BLM etc) might get the similar treatment.
    I speculate this as well, and I'm surprised everyone's assuming it's a scroll you can buy/get. I'm guessing it'll be 99 relic club since mythic is already quite unique/useful.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Helel View Post
    I speculate this as well, and I'm surprised everyone's assuming it's a scroll you can buy/get. I'm guessing it'll be 99 relic club since mythic is already quite unique/useful.
    If they're doing unique for each job it'll be Mythic.
    (0)

is this gonna be one of those spells on gear things like impact? also when are we gonna see more of those
    (0)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirael View Post
    There's been 0 confirmation of this though. They mentioned Massacre Elegy once a while ago, and that was it.

Would love to get something from the community reps about this, among other things in the Brd forum, but we've yet to receive to a status update. :/

I do find it strange though because Arise (Araise just sounds stupid x.x) was found among other dats that seemed to hold a new Dnc samba and Tier III March... I wonder what they're gonna do with those.
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I couldn't be happier that this spell will be extremely difficult to obtain. The only thing that would make me put money into my account to play something I haven't touched in months is an interesting spell or ability addition to mage jobs that wasn't a horror to get. I had no expectation that would happen given the festival of boring that was the level 99 cap raise, and the VW loot system. Thanks for confirming that I can just continue to play other games instead, and not worry about being sucked back into this assembly line!

Also, I agree it should be called Arise. Araise sounds terrible, like I'm bestowing a salary increase on my dead party member. Change Kaustra back to Merton while you're at it
    (1)

Character
    Tetsujin
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    "I won't get invited if I don't have araise! it's unfair."
    "A magic scroll that's difficult to obtain? how terrible!"

1. If you're serious about being a white mage, you'll do what you can to get this spell because it's worth it. Besides, I've seen some 99 WHM's without Raise II or III - somehow they still get invited to event stuff.

2. It's not like challenges have never been faced in order to obtain scrolls. Consider Sleepga II or some BCNM drop scroll. Just because you have to work extra hard for a (useful) spell doesn't mean SE is being unfair and taking away your favorite toy.
    (2)

To all the people who want to throw this excuse around:

I won't get invited if I don't have araise! It's unfair!
    I say to you, why? Why should you be so concerned that the elitist scum of this game rejects you from their precious groups? You should be thankful that you don't have [insert spell/weapon/armor here].

Why?

You should be thankful, because now you won't have to invest 1-3 hours of your time waiting for this group to form just to find out that the leader is a complete ass. You are now saving 1-3 hours of your time to do something else, because lets face it, you probably weren't going to get lucky in that specific group anyways. You would of spent 1-3+ hours dealing with this elitist prick while these chests provide you the logs needed to build your new summer home at Purgonorgo Isle.

You don't need 4 raise spells to be accepted to groups, and if anyone thinks you aren't worthy of their group because you're missing one of the 4 then just move on. They weren't worth your time anyways.

This is only 1 spell. If you only had 1 raise spell, you could not raise quickly regardless what you did about it. It still would be slower than what we have now, and because you have to use at least one of your main raise spells not everyone is going to get that -2 min reduction on weakness.

This is a nice perk, end of story. This isn't going to change WHM, this isn't going to change other jobs from raising. If someone turns down a raise and asks for Arise, they better have a good reason and not just, "I want to get back in there and fight sooner" when most of the time I see them just run back in while weakened and die regardless. Raise III + Reraise III + 2 min reduction on weakness timer is a very nice perk, and would be a great spell to own, but it will not break you if you don't have it.

So please, stop complaining about this. Even if SE kept the spell the way it is (or made it so HP was full when raised) and made it cost 100 gil from every NPC merchant in the game it wouldn't change WHM. If it was 300 mil it wouldn't change WHM. You aren't going to be worse for not having it.

/endpointlessrant
    (3)

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast