Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Character
    Sekundes
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I was really looking forward to stacking warp scrolls. An enchanted item is a completely different thing. We have plenty. Sure it saves us some space as we probably only need to have a single extra one since 10 minutes is likely to be fine for most things but my biggest issue is that enchanted items must be equipped and then you have to wait for their timer before use. A stack of 12 warp scrolls would be great. Done with what you're doing? Hit a macro, you're already on your way.

As far as requests to make you able to buy more than one warp scroll? Really? They would make a change like this and continue to make you purchase a single at a time? What would be the purpose of this? They aren't going to get any extra sub money from making me buy one at a time and honestly, a fix for this wouldn't be that hard. Just do an abyssea stone like method of "Fill me up!".

On this note, could we do away with this archaic pop up text menu purchasing of items? The game has a perfectly viable system already. NPC purchase screen, just make this particular screen cost CP instead of gil. If you want, you can put a big warning across the top or just mark each cost with a colored "CP" or whatever currency this particular purchase will cost. There are several benefits. One being that you'll be able to look at an item without having an item confirmation menu pop up for each individual item. Then you can pick the exact number you want to buy and buy them quickly and immediately without having to buy odd or stupid combinations of numbers to get what you want. Oh? you want 10? Well you're gunna have to buy 3 sets of 3 and then a single!

A stupid simple fix for a metric ton of menu issues all in a convenient already developed package.
    (4)

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    I honestly have no idea what goes through the minds of the people in charge of this kind of thing..
    What I find interesting is seeing how FFXIV is evolving in comparison when it comes to mechanics like this: the FFXIV dev. team seems to understand that we're not in the 1990s any more and stupid time-sinks or annoying limitations that have no rational reason to exist shouldn't exist, while the FFXI team still seem to think this is 2002.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    What I find interesting is seeing how FFXIV is evolving in comparison when it comes to mechanics like this: the FFXIV dev. team seems to understand that we're not in the 1990s any more and stupid time-sinks or annoying limitations that have no rational reason to exist shouldn't exist, while the FFXI team still seem to think this is 2002.
    I'm pretty sure XI would've evolved too if that much money had been spent on it's development and re-development. Not to mention most of the limitations come from XI's PS2 support and lack of resources to make deeper changes to the client, because again all the money goes to WoWclone XIV.
    (2)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Hello, everyone.

The main reason why the development team decided on the previously mentioned plans for warp scrolls is that they wanted to keep a sense of tension on the battlefield in both field areas and dungeons.

Since warp scrolls can be used without interruption as you are being attacked by enemies, if we were to make it possible to stack and carry around numerous scrolls there would be no real sense of fear when you are attacked by a monster. Due to this we decided to create a new enchantment item that has a slight timer before it activates.

While you will have to wait 30 seconds after equipping this new item in order to warp, we’ll be reducing the Warp Cudgel’s use timer to 10 seconds and reducing the recast timer to one minute.
    (5)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

...wha?

Well, I'm a RDM of many years so even while playing other jobs there really aren't any mobs I fear when they aggro me, so that reasoning makes little sense to me. o_O;

System limitations would be one thing, but this is... huh...
    (2)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Player
    Yeah, I don't mind, I didn't even think it warranted an explanation, but.. If mobs were around and I wanted to warp, I'd just let them kill me. It's an insignificant amount of exp these days.
    (7)

Quote Originally Posted by Balloon View Post
    Yeah, I don't mind, I didn't even think it warranted an explanation, but.. If mobs were around and I wanted to warp, I'd just let them kill me. It's an insignificant amount of exp these days.
    D3, the only way to travel, cheaper than a travel agent, too.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Hello, everyone.

The main reason why the development team decided on the previously mentioned plans for warp scrolls is that they wanted to keep a sense of tension on the battlefield in both field areas and dungeons.

Since warp scrolls can be used without interruption as you are being attacked by enemies, if we were to make it possible to stack and carry around numerous scrolls there would be no real sense of fear when you are attacked by a monster. Due to this we decided to create a new enchantment item that has a slight timer before it activates.

While you will have to wait 30 seconds after equipping this new item in order to warp, we’ll be reducing the Warp Cudgel’s use timer to 10 seconds and reducing the recast timer to one minute.
    In this context, how is carrying a stack of warp scrolls any different from carrying one? You don't need to warp outo f danger twice in a row, because you HP to a town, where you can buy another one, whether they are stackable or not, has literally 0 change or effect on any sense of fear we might feel about being attacked by a monster, most players I know try to always carry one warp scroll on them, so any potential for that argument has been dead for ages, and as now you can teleport to any HP after buying your next Warp Scroll, it's even less of an issue.

The only change that this would make, is that it would reduce our chances for "oops I forgot to get one", and would lessen the amount of times we have to talk to the NPC by our homepoint, reducing wasted time travelling from event to event.
    (9)

just read about a new warp ring w/ conquest points.

removing rage post pending this new item is decent enough to waste the inventory.
    (0)
    Last edited by Chimerawizard; 08-06-2014 at 10:02 AM.

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    That reasoning is ridiculous. I won't use a Warp Scroll to escape death, ever. I'd rather die for the almost free warp, because Experience is absolutely worthless as a death penalty.

People are probably going to idle their Warp Ring anyways.
    (7)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast