Page 160 of 297 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 210 260 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2962
    Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Best solution that would not require a ton of work would be to simply lower the repop of the timed NMs involved to 5min.
    Its not the timed ones that are really a problem on ones like chloris. Its needing 4 different KIs that are not guaranteed drops and needing 2-3 different pop items to pop most of the ki nm. And you have to go through that process 25-50 times, and are only able to hold 1 set of the KIs. There just is not a good way for doing this solo. Also in the case of Chloris, there is only one timed nm for the pop set which is fairly low spawn time to begin with. There just is not a way to efficiently farm ones like to this without a group.

I have done both, killed the NMs and amber cleaved, even mixed the two. Each takes a similar amount of time solo for one that does not have all the event items needed to reliably proc.

The one thing that would help the most is being able to hold more than one ki popset especially on the ones needing multiple KIs. As I know I have not felt held up by timed NM spawns while doing this.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawklaser View Post
    Its not the timed ones that are really a problem on ones like chloris. Its needing 4 different KIs that are not guaranteed drops and needing 2-3 different pop items to pop most of the ki nm. And you have to go through that process 25-50 times, and are only able to hold 1 set of the KIs. There just is not a good way for doing this solo. Also in the case of Chloris, there is only one timed nm for the pop set which is fairly low spawn time to begin with. There just is not a way to efficiently farm ones like to this without a group.

I have done both, killed the NMs and amber cleaved, even mixed the two. Each takes a similar amount of time solo for one that does not have all the event items needed to reliably proc.

The one thing that would help the most is being able to hold more than one ki popset especially on the ones needing multiple KIs. As I know I have not felt held up by timed NM spawns while doing this.
    KIs are almost guaranteed tho. You just need to red proc. :/ It took me ~20-25min per Glavoid pop, as THF/WAR, and the only thing that kept me above 15-20min and ruined my average was when the stupid timed spawn gnat decided to be a jerk and choose one of the procs I couldn't do. Still 9/13 odds for me, and can be 10/13 as THF/WAR if you get the Master Trial GS. (><;; Ugh.) It's possible to do 13/13 as WAR/NIN, and NIN/WAR can too with the same stupid GS... The only thing that's held me back on Orthrus is the stupid timed pop tiger who I usually have competition for and occasionally gets stingy with his pop item even w/ TH12 tagged. If that tiger was a 5min pop, then I'd be looking at ~10min per Orthrus pop. Chloris does seem to be worse than any others as far as I can tell, but KIs are not exactly hard to get in general.

I don't know how they could change the system to allow for multiple KIs without looking at an extreme overhaul of the entire content's mechanics. I think a better solution which would help with more targets and have a greater overall impact on reducing frustration levels would be to shorten repop timers on all timed mobs to 3-5min. Maybe an increase in drop rates for pop items is called for too, but I've never gone more than a few minutes between targeted drops as THF/WAR.

... And add another cosmetic great sword already that doesn't require being badass already in order to get. ><;;
    ...... And bring back Excalipoor for login points. Many of my many me's missed the last time it was available and I want access to Knights of Rotund on all 14x characters. :3
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 03-10-2018 at 11:25 PM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Bladestruck
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Can we PLEASE have a Progression Server?

So a while back I read about progression servers on EQ. Recently, I learned that Rift was releasing a progression server called "Rift Prime." Curious, I downloaded the game and have played it for a few weeks.

For any who don't know, a progression server is one in which players can basically restart (or start for the first time) the game as if it had just released. As players on the server progress through the content, new content is released just as it was originally in the past.

This idea, in terms of FFXI, would be a dream come true for players who started the game in its beginning years and long for nostalgia derived from playing through challenging content with friends, one expansion at a time.

Please do this for us!
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladestruck View Post
    So a while back I read about progression servers on EQ. Recently, I learned that Rift was releasing a progression server called "Rift Prime." Curious, I downloaded the game and have played it for a few weeks.

For any who don't know, a progression server is one in which players can basically restart (or start for the first time) the game as if it had just released. As players on the server progress through the content, new content is released just as it was originally in the past.

This idea, in terms of FFXI, would be a dream come true for players who started the game in its beginning years and long for nostalgia derived from playing through challenging content with friends, one expansion at a time.

Please do this for us!
    People are already creating personal servers of FFXI with nostalgia old content of FFXI before the expansions with some only allowing a few expansions into there private servers of FFXI but I am also not sure how much they are possibly going against the rules, policies, Etcetera of SE by doing so since they basically are servers not being run by SE themselves. I get asked this an incredibly lot when I am streaming if I am playing on a legit server or on a private server and then followed by which server I am on. At least I know now where a majority of the population of players that are on private servers are going but actually could be playing on legit SE servers instead which is being a part of the cause of the servers population of players being in a declining on SE own legit servers too. I know Asura is one of the hugest largest Servers we have of legit servers as well...

I think If they did allow this, they should allow the optional choices the players to choose how or what ways they wanted their games to go in playing it to whether it be progressional or the way it is currently in styles of players. I think SE's main choice solution to this was Vana'versey RoE Objectives-{However}.
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Bladestruck
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle View Post
    People are already creating personal servers of FFXI with nostalgia old content of FFXI before the expansions with some only allowing a few expansions into there private servers of FFXI but I am also not sure how much they are possibly going against the rules, policies, Etcetera of SE by doing so since they basically are servers not being run by SE themselves. I get asked this an incredibly lot when I am streaming if I am playing on a legit server or on a private server and then followed by which server I am on. At least I know now where a majority of the population of players that are on private servers are going but actually could be playing on legit SE servers instead which is being a part of the cause of the servers population of players being in a declining on SE own legit servers too. I know Asura is one of the hugest largest Servers we have of legit servers as well...

I think If they did allow this, they should allow the optional choices the players to choose how or what ways they wanted their games to go in playing it to whether it be progressional or the way it is currently in styles of players. I think SE's main choice solution to this was Vana'versey RoE Objectives-{However}.
    I have played on three different private servers and while they are fun for a while, there are too many bugs and dead content to really be able to enjoy it. Plus, each private server is unique to the coders keeping it going meaning each server has something about it that is unique and different from the retail version of the game. I want to relive the experience and am willing to pay for it so that it works right and has everything available.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladestruck View Post
    I have played on three different private servers and while they are fun for a while, there are too many bugs and dead content to really be able to enjoy it. Plus, each private server is unique to the coders keeping it going meaning each server has something about it that is unique and different from the retail version of the game. I want to relive the experience and am willing to pay for it so that it works right and has everything available.
    That are they are illegal.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle View Post

"Private Servers" for this game are illegal. They are not identical to live servers because someone has to hack into the game code, reverse engineer something, then add a workaround to emulate the behavior of a legitimate server to the illegal code database to implement that something. Every piece of "server code" is faked by some admittedly ingenious programmer who was able to figure out a way to replicate some action. I'm not entirely sure if the TOS applies to someone not connecting to the real servers, but at the very least, they are breaking copyright and intellectual property laws, and I wouldn't be surprised if the reverse engineering part of it went against anti-hacker laws. They should be thought of as Pirated Servers, since opening them up is stealing from SE. ^^;; There is an official Free Trial last time I checked. Use that instead. Recommend that instead.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QOL stuff - I run a linkshell that is newbie/returnee focused, and these suggestions are due to new linkshell member experience/feedback):
    Please prohibit sale of any packages that are not "Ultimate Seekers Edition" or "Seekers of Adoulin". I've got two new ls members who had to go back and repurchase/install SoA since they somehow managed to buy everything-but-SoA. There is zero justification for leaving any products on the market that are not either the 100% Full Game, or SoA for those returnees who have full accounts barring SoA.

Please streamline the process for redeeming equipment codes (aka Destrier Beret).

Please streamline the Free Trial process to make it simple to convert/upgrade to a full account. Someone who the Free Trial successfully enticed to want to pay for their account should not have to jump through so many hoops to do so that they have to give up and start a fresh account instead.

Please update the "Adventuring Primer" on the POL Frontpage. There needs to be some sort of guide for the new basics for lv1-5. The learning curve for this game is one of the highest around, and I'm somewhat weary of explaining how to unlock ROE/Unity/Trusts to every new linkshell member I pick up without any official sources to point people to. (I don't mind explaining, it is the lack of official basic learning resources that bothers me.) EX: There is a great starter questline that includes rewards like a KI for a free conquest exp ring, but embarrassingly I only know of Alaune in San d'Oria... Why can't I point new non-San d'Orian players towards POL to find the correct NPC for their nation? There is nothing in the Primer to point newbies towards which pretty button to click to get a flowery, possibly obscured, answer. Adding a "Level 5" heading and highlighting the game systems tied to that level would be very good idea.
    (2)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    "Private Servers" for this game are illegal. They are not identical to live servers because someone has to hack into the game code, reverse engineer something, then add a workaround to emulate the behavior of a legitimate server to the illegal code database to implement that something. Every piece of "server code" is faked by some admittedly ingenious programmer who was able to figure out a way to replicate some action. I'm not entirely sure if the TOS applies to someone not connecting to the real servers, but at the very least, they are breaking copyright and intellectual property laws, and I wouldn't be surprised if the reverse engineering part of it went against anti-hacker laws. They should be thought of as Pirated Servers, since opening them up is stealing from SE. ^^;; There is an official Free Trial last time I checked. Use that instead. Recommend that instead.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QOL stuff - I run a linkshell that is newbie/returnee focused, and these suggestions are due to new linkshell member experience/feedback):
    Please prohibit sale of any packages that are not "Ultimate Seekers Edition" or "Seekers of Adoulin". I've got two new ls members who had to go back and repurchase/install SoA since they somehow managed to buy everything-but-SoA. There is zero justification for leaving any products on the market that are not either the 100% Full Game, or SoA for those returnees who have full accounts barring SoA.

Please streamline the process for redeeming equipment codes (aka Destrier Beret).

Please streamline the Free Trial process to make it simple to convert/upgrade to a full account. Someone who the Free Trial successfully enticed to want to pay for their account should not have to jump through so many hoops to do so that they have to give up and start a fresh account instead.

Please update the "Adventuring Primer" on the POL Frontpage. There needs to be some sort of guide for the new basics for lv1-5. The learning curve for this game is one of the highest around, and I'm somewhat weary of explaining how to unlock ROE/Unity/Trusts to every new linkshell member I pick up without any official sources to point people to. (I don't mind explaining, it is the lack of official basic learning resources that bothers me.) EX: There is a great starter questline that includes rewards like a KI for a free conquest exp ring, but embarrassingly I only know of Alaune in San d'Oria... Why can't I point new non-San d'Orian players towards POL to find the correct NPC for their nation? There is nothing in the Primer to point newbies towards which pretty button to click to get a flowery, possibly obscured, answer. Adding a "Level 5" heading and highlighting the game systems tied to that level would be a very good idea.
    Thanks;-), I had "Already figured" those private servers aren't actually being allowed legally even though most players under those types of servers are truly convinced it is allowed or it really is being totally allowed by SE and thinking its totally safe when it actually isn't, they go as far as to beg and try to attempt you to join them which when you keep telling them you stay "Legit," stay playing on "legit servers" only then they try to guilt trip you into attempting to do it into joining their servers, tons of times during my twitch stream's no matter how much I try to politely tell them that I only stay playing Legit. (-:
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 03-18-2018 at 03:29 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Kisaragie
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Voidwatch RoE

Is it reasonable to ask for a Voidwatch RoE?

Many players including my self have gone up to 3 hour spamming Aello or Qilin only to get 1 Hvy. Metal pouch.

Would be nice for:

0/30 kill RoE for Hvy. Metal Pouch Aello - Quilin - Uptala : This quets would need to be completed 188 times for an average of 8 HMP per pouch thats 5640 Void Stones

0/30 kill for Riftdross, Bismarck : this quest would need to be completed 60 times using 1800 Void Stones
    0/30 kill for Riftcinder, Morta : this quest would need to be completed 60 times using 1800 Void Stones

Possibly other RoE quest with reward from, Havaha, Celaeno, Voidwrought, Kaggen, Akvan and Pil.

Any thoughts?
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Technikatwo View Post
    Is it reasonable to ask for a Voidwatch RoE?

Many players including my self have gone up to 3 hour spamming Aello or Qilin only to get 1 Hvy. Metal pouch.

Would be nice for:

0/30 kill RoE for Hvy. Metal Pouch Aello - Quilin - Uptala : This quets would need to be completed 188 times for an average of 8 HMP per pouch thats 5640 Void Stones

0/30 kill for Riftdross, Bismarck : this quest would need to be completed 60 times using 1800 Void Stones
    0/30 kill for Riftcinder, Morta : this quest would need to be completed 60 times using 1800 Void Stones

Possibly other RoE quest with reward from, Havaha, Celaeno, Voidwrought, Kaggen, Akvan and Pil.

Any thoughts?
    This is actually reasonable. Actually logical. Not a bad idea.

That means it'll literally never happen. Shame.
    (1)

Page 160 of 297 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 210 260 ... LastLast