Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Character
    Shadowsong
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    SMNs can easily solo plenty of NMs, there is nothing weak about a well equipped SMN. Same with PUP and BST. If you take those jobs seriously they are amazing. Most people think they are jokes so they play them like jokes, but I have friends that play all of those jobs and they are capable of soloing all sorts of content that generally requires multiple people.
    When people compare jobs they obviously are comparing top tier vs top tier. Of course a crappy MNK is going to get beaten by an awesome SMN. Also, people are not concerned/talking about soloing. A job that never gets damaged/hate while having an unlimited supply of basically immortal pets? Well duh...

I think we should be looking at this from the other side. Haste and Refresh should be Accession-able, but only by SCH main. And in that vein, give SCH access to PhalanxII and En-Spells, but (possibly) with a weaker effect.
    (3)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
    When people compare jobs they obviously are comparing top tier vs top tier. Of course a crappy MNK is going to get beaten by an awesome SMN. Also, people are not concerned/talking about soloing. A job that never gets damaged/hate while having an unlimited supply of basically immortal pets? Well duh...

I think we should be looking at this from the other side. Haste and Refresh should be Accession-able, but only by SCH main. And in that vein, give SCH access to PhalanxII and En-Spells, but (possibly) with a weaker effect.
    No thanks, RDM wants something in return. If you want want Accession to work outside your job, expect people to want something in return for you stepping in their domain. Every job has some territory that they cover and excel in. SMN is a unique job that has it's territory well defined as a magical pet job that can solo well in a large spectrum of applications. By contrast, RDM is dangerously close to having no territory left because most of our best toys are under lvl 50 and most of what we can do can be done better by other jobs. If you want something post lvl 50 from RDM, we want something Post lvl 50 from you. We want things like Adloquium and Immanence.

If you aren't interested in sharing with us, then you don't have any validity in any of your claims. You are gaining functionality at the expense of our job's territory. Why would anyone want a RDM in their group if a SCH can offer them all that we have and everything that a SCH has? They will just tell us to please change to SCH or get out of their group. No one picks up RDM for melee in larger groups. They get looked at because they enjoy a couple of unique-ish buffs and being a well rounded, but inferior mage.
    (3)
    Last edited by ManaKing; 11-27-2011 at 03:53 PM.
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
    That's pretty the opposite of what were wanting. Whole point of even attempting to make spells like Haste Accessionable to begin with, is too at least boost RDM's capabilities beyond what they currently are even IF other mage jobs will be capable of it as well. RDM unfortunately is in one of those positions we would likely take something even if it meant boosting the powers of our competition as well just to give us a better footing in a party setting. Frankly who could blame them either, when SE seems pretty fixed on keeping RDM's from really growing beyond subjob level spells.
    (3)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    We aren't a very strong job, we are just the job that is strong enough to be the weakest in the game and still have people play it.

Just make our AoE buffing surround things that is RDM specific and there shouldn't be a problem. No one is going to complain about AoE Haste. If they do, they should be taken out side to a back alley and re-educated.
    MK I was being sarcastic.

That was in reference to one of the older SE "show and tells" where they would answer pre-selected questions. One of their questions was if they were going to give something to RDM after they buffed up WHM and RDM (this was back at 75). Their answer was "we consider RDM to be a very powerful job". This was back when RDM's only claim to fame was being able to solo tons of content and you had people running around making youtube video's. Since then RDM has been sh!t upon and SE has done their best to nerf it into oblivion, aka RNG style.
    (0)

Character
    Ciecle
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Just hoping that OP realizes that comparing rdm to blu is a stupid idea, blu is stuck on a 10-20 min timer not a 1.5min timer. the only spell blu has that they can AoE no matter what is stoneskin. we cant use accession at all.

Cause i'd hate to see that go towards rdm. 'Oh you guys want an ability like blu? Here you can have it's 20 min timer too! but your spells are still not accessionable!'
    (3)
    Last edited by Ciecle; 11-28-2011 at 12:17 AM.

I can get behind AoE temper, enspell2 and gain-stat, but I'm not too sure about haste.
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I can get behind AoE temper, enspell2 and gain-stat, but I'm not too sure about haste.
    Why not? They could allow Accession to work with haste, then give WHM Hasteaga.
    (0)

I Agree. To Use Accession for Main Scholar, or Sub for WHM and RDM (only), will go a long way.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciecle View Post
    Just hoping that OP realizes that comparing rdm to blu is a stupid idea, blu is stuck on a 10-20 min timer not a 1.5min timer. the only spell blu has that they can AoE no matter what is stoneskin. we cant use accession at all.

Cause i'd hate to see that go towards rdm. 'Oh you guys want an ability like blu? Here you can have it's 20 min timer too! but your spells are still not accessionable!'
    Troll.

BLU gets a 10min JA that lets then aoe their next spell, and considering BLU's rather large repertoire of spells it's nothing to scoff at. That whole reference was that allowing RDM, and by extension SCH and WHM, to aoe more buffs wouldn't be game breaking and would allow more versatility.

As for the SMN's, I haven't had a single person yet mention inviting a SMN for hastega. In fact I always see SMN's go /RDM now and spam BP's for damage, not support.
    (1)

Character
    Ciecle
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Troll.

BLU gets a 10min JA that lets then aoe their next spell, and considering BLU's rather large repertoire of spells it's nothing to scoff at. That whole reference was that allowing RDM, and by extension SCH and WHM, to aoe more buffs wouldn't be game breaking and would allow more versatility.

As for the SMN's, I haven't had a single person yet mention inviting a SMN for hastega. In fact I always see SMN's go /RDM now and spam BP's for damage, not support.
    really? Where's that 10 min JA at? Lets look at the wiki shall we?(Btw a blu 95 with the same job ability that you're talking about is not trolling kthx.) and let me bold the part that you're stupid enough to consider me trolling about.

Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    Grants the effect of your next support Blue Magic spell to party members within range.
    Obtained: Blue Mage Level 75
    Recast Time: 20:00 (-2:30 minutes for every additional merit)
    Duration: 1:00, or until the next blue magic spell is cast.
    Affects only enhancing blue magic spells and may only be applied to party members.
    Area of Effect is centered around the user with approximately 9' radius.
    [SIZE="7"]Fully merited, the minimum recast of Diffusion is 0:10:00.[/SIZE]
    Also affects Adventuring Fellows.
    and I was actually being sincere about the JA thing, it's retarded that it's already a minimum 10 min recast on a JA. I'd rather not see Red mage have to suffer the same penalty.

Oh and as far as blu's list of spells, we only get a maximum of 20 spells or 60 points worth of spells at a single time(not including the JA spells). Our list of spells may reach 150 but we are only able to hold 20 of them and as of now 85% of blu's spells have a minimal useage.

Imagine how much you would whine and complain if rdm whm or sch got nerfed that much to where you can only set your 20 of your vast spell lists and have to wait 1 min before you can actually cast them.
    (6)
    Last edited by Ciecle; 11-28-2011 at 01:29 AM.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast