Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Umm no. Temper / Enspells / Phalanx you cast in full enhancing magic gear, not emp gear. The duration bonus is much less then you think. It'll wear off before your JA is up. Haste is the only one that you'd cast in full Emp gear. Just goes to show that's all you do on RDM.
    Unless you have the new Enhancing Body (Which only adds 1 enspell dmg, no phalanx increase and I don't know the Temper formula on the check I did) how is it, you'd be casting Phalanx in Emp Body, Head, cape and Feet as there is no enhancing better for those slots. This should put it pretty close to the 5 minute timer if not at it unless my math is wrong.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 11-27-2011 at 01:06 AM.

Oddly enough, I think this would be pretty cool. Huzzah.
    (3)

I will have my revenge!

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Umm no. Temper / Enspells / Phalanx you cast in full enhancing magic gear, not emp gear. The duration bonus is much less then you think. It'll wear off before your JA is up. Haste is the only one that you'd cast in full Emp gear. Just goes to show that's all you do on RDM.
    Normally when i'm on RDM I go for the max duration over enhancing skill just to avoid recasting. Even if it's for an extra 20 seconds. I can see where it would be better for spells like stone skin or phalanx to go more for the skill side of it. But I'd rather have the spare time to try and land enfee...... oh made myself sad. Well i could always hea...... oh damn it. Well i guess I can nuke or stand around til I need to re buff again.
    (1)

Haste/Refresh/static buff Enhancements are fine to cast in duration sets. Variable buff enhancements should always be cast at the highest level possible, even if it means recasting it more often.
    (3)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I really made my suggestions in the other threads about Accession based on what I read somewhere. Don't ask me to quote where, but I've heard the English version of the Manifesto was not entirely correct and that supposedly (again, don't quote me on this) RDM was really meant to be a self-enhancer.

And, playing along those lines, the only way we'll get transferable buffs is Accession. Or perhaps a Temper II in the future. I don't know, maybe there is some extra work involved in making a spell compatible with Accession. But SCH main's new Enmity and Regain spells work with Accession. Temper is White Enhancing magic and so it ought to benefit from falling in the same group that Accession applies.

Unless of course Camate comes here and tells us, in writing, that the team thinks giving other players enhanced Double Attack would be overpowering.
    (0)
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketaru View Post
    I really made my suggestions in the other threads about Accession based on what I read somewhere. Don't ask me to quote where, but I've heard the English version of the Manifesto was not entirely correct and that supposedly (again, don't quote me on this) RDM was really meant to be a self-enhancer.

And, playing along those lines, the only way we'll get transferable buffs is Accession. Or perhaps a Temper II in the future. I don't know, maybe there is some extra work involved in making a spell compatible with Accession. But SCH main's new Enmity and Regain spells work with Accession. Temper is White Enhancing magic and so it ought to benefit from falling in the same group that Accession applies.

Unless of course Camate comes here and tells us, in writing, that the team thinks giving other players enhanced Double Attack would be overpowering.
    Phalanx II, while under-powered denies the fact they don't think RDM is mean't to enhance the party. The only thing that stopped RDM getting an ability similar to Accession is SCH itself, which is a job that just shouldn't have been added and the buffs it gets now passed out to the jobs that deserved them properly such as Ebullience to BLM. That said, this shouldn't really matter anymore. It's not like all unique JA's/spells haven't been passed out to every job anyway.

As for Double Attack being over-powered both SMN and COR can do the game so doubtful. SE is just anti-RDM buffs ever since Avesta, and now the fool that was in charge before is back you can bet your bottom dollar it'll stay that way.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 11-27-2011 at 03:31 AM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    Normally when i'm on RDM I go for the max duration over enhancing skill just to avoid recasting. Even if it's for an extra 20 seconds. I can see where it would be better for spells like stone skin or phalanx to go more for the skill side of it. But I'd rather have the spare time to try and land enfee...... oh made myself sad. Well i could always hea...... oh damn it. Well i guess I can nuke or stand around til I need to re buff again.
    Things like Enspell use enhancing magic as both potency and accuracy, they become more effective when you go for max skill on them. Only the Emp feet / cape have +enh skill. Hands / legs / body all have high amounts of +skill, leaving the head as the only piece you could wear. So on a +enh set you'd end up with +43% duration.
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I want Composure to AoE my buff spells I cast. Make it simple.

If you are going to pick and choose which buffs work: Temper, Haste, Phallanx, and Refresh.
    (1)
    Last edited by ManaKing; 11-27-2011 at 04:31 AM.
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    I want Composure to AoE my buff spells I cast. Make it simple.
    Ohh how I do wish for this. I was trying to be conservative and realistic though. SE already doesn't like our job, their too afraid we'll be "already a very strong job".
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Ohh how I do wish for this. I was trying to be conservative and realistic though. SE already doesn't like our job, their too afraid we'll be "already a very strong job".
    We aren't a very strong job, we are just the job that is strong enough to be the weakest in the game and still have people play it.

Just make our AoE buffing surround things that is RDM specific and there shouldn't be a problem. No one is going to complain about AoE Haste. If they do, they should be taken out side to a back alley and re-educated.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast