Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hard to find help for Nyzul Isle

I never got around to do nyzul back when it was popular, for various reasons, but now I really want to get it done, for various WSes on new jobs I have leveled up.

However, I have run into a problem with doing this, very few people are interested in doing the lower levels (i am at floor 10), and on the very rare occasion that i manage to get a full, good group, it seems that sometimes, a few of them only have 3 tags available, and maybe we lose one of the runs, and then we can't continue because we do no longer have enough assault tags, so this is taking a pretty long time.

I am not asking for nyzul to be made easier, but it would be very nice if I could enter it more often. After all, limiting how often we can do something isn't actually related to making things harder or easier, only how many real life days it'll take to get it done.

What if assault tags could be stored up if not used, in the same way traverser stones are?
    (4)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I never got around to do nyzul back when it was popular, for various reasons, but now I really want to get it done, for various WSes on new jobs I have leveled up.

However, I have run into a problem with doing this, very few people are interested in doing the lower levels (i am at floor 10), and on the very rare occasion that i manage to get a full, good group, it seems that sometimes, a few of them only have 3 tags available, and maybe we lose one of the runs, and then we can't continue because we do no longer have enough assault tags, so this is taking a pretty long time.

I am not asking for nyzul to be made easier, but it would be very nice if I could enter it more often. After all, limiting how often we can do something isn't actually related to making things harder or easier, only how many real life days it'll take to get it done.

What if assault tags could be stored up if not used, in the same way traverser stones are?
    this it what happens when you have one area to replace everything, only way to change it is to update it so people have a reason to do it more then just mythics.

*i/e abyssea hurt the game like this event*
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Player
    Climbing nyzul isn't that hard anymore at all

any 2 random DD and a whm can clear it most of the time.. even if you get more than 3 lamps... as long as the people know how nyzul works

I've helped people climb up nyzul while bored a couple times in the past few months and its really really easy now.

Trust me.. you aren't alone.. lots of people still need nyzul.. and some people just do it for the fun of it because its a change of pace from spamming abyssea

Try to shout for help.. you will find people
    (0)

Really, I think the best solution is to try and coerce your friends to help. At level 90, i've cleared floor 1-100 with 4 people, THF, WHM, BLU, DRG. The only time we came close to losing was a "Same time" floor with 5 lamps, Luckily 2 were close and i Popped one > Flee'd to the second > popped it. You get like a ~5 second window so i was able to pull it off.

I'm Sorry if i'm rambling, what i'm trying to say is with a good group, you can win Nyzul with only ~3/4 People. 4 for safety with lamp floors. I Agree you should be able to access it more. I made a thread a while back about my hatred for half of ToAU content being based on JP-midnight. (Ashu Talif Assaults, Pup frames taking up ot 5 days, all of ToAU Job AF armor, etc)

Feel the content is too limited and you have to "Choose" what you want to do. with the Ashu Talif quests, you can only choose to do 1 of the 3 per day. With Assaults you can choose only at best ~4 assaults per day, and even then you have to choose between Nyzul Isle, and Points for Salvage.

It really needs to be eased up. I would suggest allowing us to build Assault Tags like we build Stones, but some people would whine "but your making out-dated unuseful content too easy now!!", And captain Rank adds another tag. Then again captain rank could just give you 2 tags per day instead of one with that update.

Oh well.
    (0)

Character
    Henihhi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    It took me 4 hours of shouting a few weeks ago, but I came up with 4 ppl that were more than happy to static to 100. Sometimes a little bit of patience pays off. If you cant find friends willing to help, try shouting and suggesting forming a static once you get 4 people to go to 100. There are a surprising number of people who need it. <I got screwed at 75 cap my disc was 55 or so and I missed the run where the old static had gone up, so i got left behind lol>
    (0)
    A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts. Here is a game most of you can handle.

http://www.notdoppler.com/superpressspacetowinactionrpg2009.php

Also, Sometimes to get people it helps to bite the bullet and try to find people who are on floor 1, and static to 100 with them, Even if you already are on floor 10.
    (0)

Character
    Rinzler
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 34
    Its difficult yes, tbh SE should make the minimum 1 players not 3 lol
    (0)

Oh, I have absolutely no problems with going back to 1 if i can static with someone in return. I have asked around in my LS and i have two others who need it. However, none of us would be experienced with nyzul, so the failure ratio could also be higher from this. That's why I think a few more people would be nice, for extra safety, because we can't retry them as often we want to. With very different time zones, it is also a challenge to find times that work well for us all. I'm in GMT+2, the two others are in -5 and -8 or something.

Oh again, I do not want the difficulty to be adjusted, I think the difficulty level is just right, and the few runs I've been on that have gone smooth I think were a lot of fun to do. I have helped with some boss runs now and then and they all went much better than the lower levels that I need to make progress. Maybe because those groups have had more experienced players.
    (0)

Character
    Carth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    From my experience a lot of people on my server needs Nyzul, but they're all on Floor 1...
    (0)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Hardest things bout floors are the order lamps and same time lamps if going with less then 6. The next to hardest thing is remembering the way you came. Keep asking around people might need weapons to get the WSs.

Abyssea only hurt floor 80 and 100 runs. Few were doing climbs and most only wanted those floors.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast