Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    As always, we appreciate all the feedback you all provide regarding Abyssea.

We spoke to the development team in regards to all your questions about [dev]1003.

To start, we would like you all to keep in mind the FINAL FANTASY XI 2011 Roadmap where we showed that we have continuous adjustments planned for Abyssea in the future. While the portions that we would like to adjust are by no means small in number, due to the fact that there are some things we would like to add after monitoring their implementation, as well as those that take a bit more time to implement, we will be releasing adjustments gradually.

Also, currently Empyrean armor has become the most powerful equipment, but as an ultimate goal we are planning to add numerous items so that you can select what you wear depending on the situation and slot. This is similar to when the level cap was 75 and you have Relic, Salvage, Einherjar, and Limbus-related gear to utilize.

Now, for the good stuff:
    Additional Methods of Obtaining Empyrean +1 Seals
    With the new battlefields that will be added, players will have another venue in which to obtain +1 seals. With this factored in, the chance of obtaining seals in order from highest to lowest will be notorious monsters first, followed by the new battlefields, and lastly quests.

There will be two tiers of battlefields, one for a 3 person party and another for a 6 person party. By taking on a battlefield the possibility of obtaining +1 seals are as follows: 0-1 for the 3 person party battle and 1-2 for the 6 person party battle. While you cannot aim for specific seal rewards, we will make it possible to select which battlefield you can attempt depending on what job and slot you would like to obtain.
    Obtaining Seals via Quests
    While adjustments are not being made during the upcoming version update, in regards to repeatable quests specifically, we would like to make adjustments to the necessity of having to leave and re-enter the area. We also plan to adjust quests where the reward may not necessarily be equal to the level of difficulty required. Due to the fact that we’ll need to adjust each quest individually, making changes all at once will be quite difficult; however, we would like to start making adjustments a bit at a time.
    Additional Methods of Obtaining Empyrean +2 Items
    Due to the fact that it was a bit difficult to completely solve everything during the upcoming version update, this is something that we would like to continue working on in the future. We’re working diligently so that disputes arising from heavy congestion can be avoided.
    Notorious Monsters’ Weaknesses
    For the upcoming version update, we are only making adjustments to blue magic, however, we would like to continue to make adjustments to magic and weapon skills in the future. At any rate, we plan to make adjustments on the basis that no job will become the be-all end-all.
    Empyrean Feet
    We are not making adjustments for this during the upcoming version update, but there is a possibility that take some form of action in the future and are continuing to look into this. Currently, compared to other equipment slots, Empyrean feet are definitely harder to obtain; however, we will be thinking about this carefully as to not lower the difficulty excessively.
    (10)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Babygyrl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Additional Methods of Obtaining Empyrean +1 Seals
    With the new battlefields that will be added, players will have another venue in which to obtain +1 seals. With this factored in, the chance of obtaining seals in order from highest to lowest will be notorious monsters first, followed by the new battlefields, and lastly quests.

There will be two tiers of battlefields, one for a 3 person party and another for a 6 person party. By taking on a battlefield the possibility of obtaining +1 seals are as follows: 0-1 for the 3 person party battle and 1-2 for the 6 person party battle. While you cannot aim for specific seal rewards, we will make it possible to select which battlefield you can attempt depending on what job and slot you would like to obtain.

Okay this.. really?? This sounds so pointless.. so i have to get a group of 3 people to get a reward of 1 random seal?.. id rather take those 3 people and low man nms..
    (7)
    *BabyGyrl* Ragnarok Server~ 99 THF WHM RDM BLM DRG Husband Doluka <3

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Camate, to be blunt, do we really need more situational gear? Sure, most jobs can almost full-time their Empyrean +2 armor and still be at the pinnacle of their job, but all Red Mages in particular got from that deal was another situational armor set, half of it to be macroed to one spell set, and half of it to be macroed to another, and all of it macroed to yet a third spell set! I'm not saying that the armor isn't incredibly potent, mind you, but when you're a job as versatile as that, more gear "depending on situation and slot" isn't exactly music to your ears. I dunno, perhaps I'm just being bitter and selfish, here . . .

(Not to mention that most Blue Mages don't even care about their Empyrean Feet, which is really a sort of a shame . . .)
    (1)

Character
    Razushu
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Empyrean Feet
    We are not making adjustments for this during the upcoming version update, but there is a possibility that take some form of action in the future and are continuing to look into this. Currently, compared to other equipment slots, Empyrean feet are definitely harder to obtain; however, we will be thinking about this carefully as to not lower the difficulty excessively.
    But shouldn't the base feet be easy to obtain they're useless as is, you need to spend more time +1ing them to make them useful. You can buy the other 4 base items with cruor etc. and that's when the hard work begins shouldn't the same apply to the feet, I've gotten 5 caller's seal:feet without even trying and have spent countless hours partying in Abyssea Vunkerl Inlet and have only seen 1 set of caller's pigaches so far.
    The system for getting feet seems wholly unbalanced to me almost to the point where given the difficulty you should remove seal:feet from the game and make the feet +1from gold pyxis instead that's the only way the system as is to me could give reward equaling time spent.
    (0)

Summoner [suhm-uhn-er]

1. Mystics who conjure avatars to fight by their sides, then sit back and enjoy the show while paying close attention to their MP as their minions deliver devastating blows to adversaries and provide aid to allies.
    2. Not a melee

Character
    Garthbds
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 95
    I do agree that taking 3 people to do a battle field for 1 seal seems rather pointless I am hoping the seal aspect of the battles are more of a side note luck drop. It would be my hope that KCNM and High KCNM battle fields drop craftables, scrolls new weapons or something then have the seals as a plus.

Then maybe at a later date make some 18 member battle fields like KS99 for fast form of +2 farming or empyrean weapon farming to pull these groups out of abyssea and spread out the population a little.
    (1)

Character
    Ubasti
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 5
    Hmm, with this additional data I've formed certain impressions:

Battlefields

Sound rather worthless. A 0~1 in 4 chance isn't going to move anyone away from NMs you can solo or duo. Most quests can be done relatively quickly, thanks to not having to gather people or gear for specific circumstances. So battlefields won't have the speed or solobility of quest, all the hassles of coordination, people management and intra-party competition of NM hunting, and a worse drop rate than if you can get someone to proc yellow. The only benefit is less competition for timed spawn NMs, which is offset by the lower drop rate. The odds go down further if you can't find people who don't want the same seals you do and 1~2 in 4 divided by 1~6 can potentially be even worse. Depending on the non-seal rewards, 1 or 2 might have staying power, but after the first month or 2, I expect these battlefields to see less action than a 30 cap ENM.

Quests

Removing the zoning requirement will go a long way to making quests worth the time. Although some individual quests may be somewhat unbalanced even beyond that, that one adjustment may be all a lot of quests really need.

Empyrean +2

We appreciate your efforts, and realize that instant results are not always attainable. Please continue to do your best, we will await the results of your labours with gratitude. Thank you.

Weaknesses

From my personal perspective this is a minor thing, but it's good that even minor things are not ignored.

Empyrean Feet

Again, please do your best, your efforts are appreciated.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Babygyrl View Post
    Okay this.. really?? This sounds so pointless.. so i have to get a group of 3 people to get a reward of 1 random seal?.. id rather take those 3 people and low man nms..
    I'm spitballing, But I'm going to assume the new battlefields will likely be kinda like BCNM/KSNM, meaning a lot of Rewards, and the "Seals" are probably like the "Cheap Synth mat" portion of the rewards. Randomly get one at the end of the fight, along with your other stuff.

I don't think they're designating an entirely new battle-field simply for obtaining 1 +1 seal... If they are... I give up.

But for now! I'm assuming its going to be BCNM/KSNM/ANNM type System, Lots of rewards, +1 Seals tacked on for an "extra" Reward.

On the prospect of Situational gear. I don't think he means "0.001 sidegrade item". If you look at what he described and how all that gear meshed and mix/matched created decent sets. I think its a good idea.

I mean, Really, what would be the point in going to 99 if all the battlefields we'd be doing wouldn't offer gear better than Abyssea armor? The way it sounds is that "We'll be releasing gear thats better for xxx"

Like for instance, THF+2 Head is probably going to remain king of TP, but maybe they'll release a new WS head that blows our old ones out of the water.

I don't know how to articulate my words but, Basically I'm trying to say, yes, I look forward to new armor, Side grade or not. its the variety that keeps us going, especially If theres even a few sets worth getting.
    (2)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 04-19-2011 at 08:51 AM.

Notorious Monsters’ Weaknesses
    For the upcoming version update, we are only making adjustments to blue magic, however, we would like to continue to make adjustments to magic and weapon skills in the future. At any rate, we plan to make adjustments on the basis that no job will become the be-all end-all.
    ]
    Um...I hope this does not mean more jobs can will be used to trigger weakness?
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Also, currently Empyrean armor has become the most powerful equipment, but as an ultimate goal we are planning to add numerous items so that you can select what you wear depending on the situation and slot. This is similar to when the level cap was 75 and you have Relic, Salvage, Einherjar, and Limbus-related gear to utilize.
    emp +2 sch pants are useless.

Can i take the time to state here that I would like you to look into issues like my SCh pants and others on the sch forum? I feel the job is neglected reflected in the fact SCH mythic is underwhelming.

HQ staff > ash staff > sch mythic
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 04-19-2011 at 09:12 AM.
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Well, we heard it here first, full timing your AF3 at 99 is probably going to mean youre gimp.
    (1)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast