Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Ayame is an awesome trust. She'll make the best skillchain she can with you. The idea is great.

It's not great damage but it can be used with a player-mage or shantotto to MB with consistency.

Zeid will ground strike after you ws. He can be as good as Ayame.

The problem is that she whiffs a lot. I think a big improvement to all melee trusts is that they inherit the player's gear-accuracy + food. Not player-buffs, but of course buffs that affect the trust (IE, they wouldn't be affected by my Enlight, but they would be affected by Madrigal from a bard).

As long as they don't inherit attack power, their ws's will still be mediocre, but they'll serve a good purpose.

Pass these stats onto tanks as well. If Amchu WS's, I don't want him to miss.

Finally, add TP display for trusts.

- - -

I'm not so much bothered by ballads but paeon irritates me. I definitely think some of the songs should be removed from Ulmia and Joachim. Paeon never saves anyone. (Paeon, Operettas, Pastorals, Etudes because they're not as good).

Oh, and give both bards the trait of casting Mazurka after the player disengages. Could even make this occupy the third song spot.

But yeah, if I use a trust buffer, I use Qultada.
    (0)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The problem, with skillchain trusts, is they're ungodly slow because ZERO gear haste.

It takes Ayame like a full minute to get tp. In that time I've already ws'd 4 times waiting for her to get tp. The sam trusts should be great, but even with hasso they're straight up garbage.

And that reason is because they lack again, gear. No stp-gear = NEVER use a samurai.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Yeah even when the trusts were broken and at ungodly levels the melee dds still couldn't hold a candle to the solo player. But the ones with magic attacks... oh boy
    (0)

I get that, but SE doesn't want them to be beastly. It's not unreasonable that they be able to hit the mob at least though.

I personally don't mind if I need to wait a little longer for Ayame or Zeid to pretty much guarantee a skillchain. In theory, Ayame is one of the best designed trusts because their damage is terrible but she can set a player up for a good/great SC and great MB.

Mage trusts have their own "drawbacks". Shantotto gets resisted on MB'ing apex frequently enough, for instance and her MBs do pitiful damage against anything apex or higher (compared to a real mage even in average gear).

The problem is that mage trusts are "not bad" while melee trusts are "awful".
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    I get that, but SE doesn't want them to be beastly. It's not unreasonable that they be able to hit the mob at least though.

I personally don't mind if I need to wait a little longer for Ayame or Zeid to pretty much guarantee a skillchain. In theory, Ayame is one of the best designed trusts because their damage is terrible but she can set a player up for a good/great SC and great MB.

Mage trusts have their own "drawbacks". Shantotto gets resisted on MB'ing apex frequently enough, for instance and her MBs do pitiful damage against anything apex or higher (compared to a real mage even in average gear).

The problem is that mage trusts are "not bad" while melee trusts are "awful".
    I personally avoid using any trusts that ws whenever I can get away with it while soloing. I actually WANT Amchuchu to miss since she rarely waits to close Light off my Fusion and turns it into Scission instead >.>;;;; I'd love it if there was a tank that only had no-sc-property moves so I wouldn't have to worry about them breaking my self-sc.. Or even NO offensive tp moves, only enmity gen and survival ones would be awesome! O_O!!

Cheers do a decent job of improving trust usability for higher clvl soloing, but I would'nt mind seeing some other method to bring their acc/macc/racc up bit since we currently have no other ways to influence their stats.
    (1)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I don't think trusts should be usable above ilvl 126 content personally. Anything 130+ should require humans.

Melee DD trusts suck a lot though. Arciela 2 is good(She's a rdm though) and iroha is alright because she has a heal ws + always closes your skillchains.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    I don't think trusts should be usable above ilvl 126 content personally. Anything 130+ should require humans.

Melee DD trusts suck a lot though. Arciela 2 is good(She's a rdm though) and iroha is alright because she has a heal ws + always closes your skillchains.
    Arciela II = magic melee = I don't think she is able to miss XD Being a RDM has nothing to do w/ her having reliable auto-attacks. Same thing applies to Shantotto II.

Try watching the new FP... Fujito uses curry and whiffs up a storm inside of Omen while the other devs are teasing him with "Miss, miss, miss" XD Iroha's accuracy was floored, but Fujito's wasn't really that much better :3
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 12-11-2016 at 01:53 AM.

Nyariko, I've always thought there should be a /trust noWS command.
    (0)

Yeah Amchuchu is always screwing up my self skillchains, makes me mad. Like, thanks Amchu for that 200 damage light skillchain you just closed. Real good, much appreciated...
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    Nyariko, I've always thought there should be a /trust noWS command.

There should be more than just that command, I'd personally want one that lets me stop Magic user from casting while things absorb magic or a command that can let me not have all of them in a nice straight line.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast