Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Svith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90

Some ideas i've been rolling around, for your reading/implementing pleasure.

So; I've come up with quite a few ideas of recent, of things that would make the game better or more wholesome. My intention of making this thread is to put them down in a public fashion to see if anyone agrees.

A.) I would like WHM to get some sort of "Memo Point" teleport. Make it 45, so you can use it as a sub, this would make magian trials, nm camping, etc. SO MUCH less frustrating. I just got finished camping Black Triple Stars (which FYI is the most annoying NM spawn EVER), and i was thinking how ... convenient it would be to be able to go back to town and browse the AH, without having to waste 10 minutes choco'ing back out to my spawn point.
    Basically: the gist of my idea is to make it so that in any "Outside" area (dungeons excluded) you can enter a command to set a memory point for a teleport spell. Upon casting, BAM! you're in your spot, and you can go about your business.

More to be added in the future, as i think of it. lol ~Svith of Cerberus
    (3)

Some might argue that being able to instant move yourself around the world is against the adventuring spirit of old school MMORPGs like FFXI since you can instantly pass up everything you might have seen traveling.

I would actually argue that being able to teleport around is more for that spirit since the time spent getting to where you want to be can be used exploring where you are instead. Back when I used to camp Eastern Shadow for his bow I absolutely hated the jog out to Fei Yin but loved running around the zone. If I could have teleported directly to Fei Yin I definitely felt like my time spent in game was more meaningful.
    (1)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Character
    Valflux
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I think this could be implemented without any negative effects if the places you could set the "Memo Point" were simply limited... not just by where you could set them (like not in dungeons) but also so that they would expire after a few hours... Otherwise I see the potential for people abusing it too much...

Maybe make it so that you could only use the spell in towns as well?

I really don't think it should be a spell though... A recharging ring would be much more appropriate I think... (But obviously not like a 24hr recharge, maybe 30min..? Idk...)
    (0)

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I would love this.
    It wouldn't be ridiculously broken, as long as you can only memo one place at a time.
    Possibly, the spell could require some sort of catalyst that you must buy. [Either to set the memo, or to warp to it.]

There are so many teleport spells and such in-game, but a large majority of the time they are nowhere near where you want to be.
    (0)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I agree with this... to a point. As a veteran player who also camped black triple stars for her dagger, and found him irritating as hell to camp i don't think it's that far of a walk, between all my teleport methods i can get almost anywhere in vanadiel in less then 5-10 mins... key word being almost, i think we need an easier way to warp to - Attohwa Chasm.... i had more examples in my head but i figured out a quick way to get to any one of them, maybe purrogruo island in bibiki bay (besides the warp on HQ swim clothes, which have a 1 week rl time recast). All the Outposts/tele's/retraces/recalls/ warp quests make it pretty easy to get around. Although i think it would be nice to set your 'homepoint' somewhere other then a city, or outpost.
    (0)
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain

Character
    Svith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    Idea B.)
    CAMPAIGN!, why has this large battle system gone completely unused? It it because the battles aren't fun? No, not at all. Its because in the hour you fought fighting Nho'mo Crimsonarmor, you only got 1-3k XP. The xp awards for things such as besieged and campaign haven't been properly adjusted, as normal xp mobs have been.

I propose the Campaign/Besieged XP values be multiplied fivefold, to keep up with the increases of normal xp/abyssea xp.
    ~Svith of Cerberus
    (0)

Character
    Svith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    I can see the merit in the idea of "Exploration" of an MMO, the developers didn't make all these areas as... illustrious as they did for us to pass things by. (E.G. the dragon swooping over the lake @ 14:00 in Lufaise Meadows.) I've been playing for almost 8 years now, there isn't a whole lot of the game i HAVEN'T seen lol
    (0)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Please sir, can't we have more easy mode?
    (0)

Character
    Svith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Svith View Post
    Idea B.)
    CAMPAIGN!, why has this large battle system gone completely unused? It it because the battles aren't fun? No, not at all. Its because in the hour you fought fighting Nho'mo Crimsonarmor, you only got 1-3k XP. The xp awards for things such as besieged and campaign haven't been properly adjusted, as normal xp mobs have been.

I propose the Campaign/Besieged XP values be multiplied fivefold, to keep up with the increases of normal xp/abyssea xp.
    ~Svith of Cerberus
    NAILED IT! thank you SE! lol
    (0)

Character
    Svith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    Been a long while since I posted in this thread. It almost felt like SE read my Campaign post, maybe i'll get lucky and get another hit.
    OK. Merit Weapon skills.
    Why are we limited to only 3 of them? I have 11 99 jobs now, Samurai Gets Shoha and Stardiver (diversity for NNI), WAR and DRK get Resolution (pwnversity for everything)... And all my other jobs suffer because my SAM/DRK/WAR have to have those WS to compete with endgame content.
    Would it really be game-breaking to allow us to merit more/all of the merit WS? Or is this "by-design" to have some "diversity" between players at the end of the game?
    If you're like me, and your taste in jobs is evolving, you likely had a WS such as exenterator and/or requiascat at lvl 5, and now you have had to de-merit it (losing 200 merit points) to switch to another WS.

I just ask; will you consider either A.) Raising the ammount of WS obtainable/upgradable to level 5, or B.) Unlocking all meritable WS.

Thanks for your time in reading my post ^^
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast