Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

is WHM considered bad now or something?

Honest question.

lately when I've been trying to get in on some partys for most endgame (not just delve, mind, Incursion, Skirmish, etc.) it seems people are not touching WHM with a 10 foot pole and are asking for RDM or SCH healers exclusively now. What happened? WHM is the job I put the most pride in, and now WHM is basically lolable now?

It doesn't help that my other 99 jobs that have even a semblance of gearsets for are already unwanted jobs in endgame like my THF (especially because I don't have 119 daggers)

I just don't know if I feel like I can level, gear and fully master some new hotness job like RDM or GEO or SCH. (especially those last 2 because I hear that Geo and SCH are rediculously hard to learn, you need 18 billion sets for them, and you'll go crazy trying to master them, especially SCH.) Even something like BRD but BRD requires ghorn.

but I found trying to be the best WHM I can more fun than those jobs, but it seems like I'm going to have to level up and learn some new much harder to play mage job to get invited to content now?
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I think people want SCH and sometimes RDM for fast Stuns. RDM also for Haste II and Flurry II. WHM still the top notch healer.
    (1)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    WHM is a must for incursion. Chances are you're seeing shouts for what jobs are needed but not filled by the initial group. Geo really isn't bad to learn by the way. It's expensive for all the spells and reforged gear but the job is super fun and not hard to get the hang of.
    (2)

Player
    Pretty much everything still uses a Whm, perhaps the area you're at has a high density of Whms or the groups you see shouting just have Whms in them already and so they're looking for these jobs. Whm is still used everywhere, and on my server (Fenrir) I still see shouts for them quite often.

Delve/Incursion/Skirmish/Hardmode Fights, everything uses Whm still.

That said, Geo is rather easy to play at a basic level, watch your location, keep your indi and geo spells up, entrust when ready. Which is all most expect of you and will yell at you for not doing lol. Don't get me wrong, depending on your sub, Rdm (throwing some cures/hastes/dias when needed) or Whm (cures status removal Haste) but these aren't your main job, and nobody will grill you over missing them, prioritize your buffs, rest is gravy. The exception is /Blm, if you're part of the stun, juggling stun rotations/sleepgas along with your buffs and being unable to heal yourself except through loldrain, can be a little rough, because stuns are actually more important than your buffs generally, and quite frequent, but you still need to keep buffs up, and requires a pretty good set to keep your timers up.

But generally, people will be pretty happy with you if you have a good DT set, and a good Skill+ set for casting on Geo, it's really not so hard unless you're stunning.

Rdm and Sch are generally more complicated, mainly because they're expected to stun and do other things, Geo could be called to this task, but mostly it isn't.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
    WHM is a must for incursion. Chances are you're seeing shouts for what jobs are needed but not filled by the initial group. Geo really isn't bad to learn by the way. It's expensive for all the spells and reforged gear but the job is super fun and not hard to get the hang of.
    Yeah, I guess I'm just being paranoid because I've been finding a rough time getting into any parties for anything.
    (0)

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    only event i can see whm sometimes being completely left out on is VD avatars (mainly because your ridding about 90% dt buffs and whms massive cure power isnt needed, i mean heck i main healed one as the smn because of a very death happy rdm), on D avatars which are much easier to get together(assuming you are/ know a geo) whm is the go to healer.... truth not because of the healing then, its because of those sexy bar spells >.>;
    (0)

Character
    Artharian
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Apologies for going off-topic for a moment but...

Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    That said, Geo is rather easy to play at a basic level, watch your location, keep your indi and geo spells up, entrust when ready. Which is all most expect of you and will yell at you for not doing lol.
    But generally, people will be pretty happy with you if you have a good DT set, and a good Skill+ set for casting on Geo, it's really not so hard unless you're stunning.
    As a learner GEO (only at 35 so far :-)) I really appreciate these tips - again, apologies for possibly a really dumb question, but what is entrust? I can't find a reference on BGWiki (the only one I can see from work!) - Thanks

Art.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Entrust is a new GEO ability that was introduced recently, gained at level 75. When used, it lets your next Indi-spell be cast on another player, but forfeits the bonuses from Bolster or Geomancy+ gear (not skill+, but actual geomancy+), meaning that it loses a fair amount of potency in exchange for granting another buff; with this, you can have two Indi-spells up on different targets as well as a Geo-spell. Paired with a lucky Corsair, you can have as many Indi-spells up as times he can reset you. :P

Back on topic, it's been mentioned but most shout groups usually have a WHM with them. WHM is far from obsolete; we take one with us to everything. Our group's mythic WHM is particularly handy for things like Incursion; if a Stun misses and a TP move gets off, a quick erase-ga or two from them makes life much better. But in general, WHM offers a ton that makes them useful - AoE burst healing when needed, barspells with the AF3+2 set for the element immunity procs, Arise, Cureskin, etc. WHM is and prolly will always be the best healer overall, especially paired with good support.
    (2)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Artharian
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Thanks!

Art.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    Entrust is a new GEO ability that was introduced recently, gained at level 75. When used, it lets your next Indi-spell be cast on another player, but forfeits the bonuses from Bolster or Geomancy+ gear (not skill+, but actual geomancy+), meaning that it loses a fair amount of potency in exchange for granting another buff; with this, you can have two Indi-spells up on different targets as well as a Geo-spell. Paired with a lucky Corsair, you can have as many Indi-spells up as times he can reset you. :P

Back on topic, it's been mentioned but most shout groups usually have a WHM with them. WHM is far from obsolete; we take one with us to everything. Our group's mythic WHM is particularly handy for things like Incursion; if a Stun misses and a TP move gets off, a quick erase-ga or two from them makes life much better. But in general, WHM offers a ton that makes them useful - AoE burst healing when needed, barspells with the AF3+2 set for the element immunity procs, Arise, Cureskin, etc. WHM is and prolly will always be the best healer overall, especially paired with good support.
    Yeah thanks I just thought with Haste II and the new SCH toys and all the era of "RDM>>>>>>>>>>>>>WHM, Always invite a RDM or SCH over a WHM" came back, since I see more and more groups shout specifically for RDM or SCH over WHM
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast